Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Identity: A Sims 4 Legacy (1.36 up)

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    New chapters! YAAAASSSSSSSSSS
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Aww, poor Maya. :(

Amalia. I made a sim a few months ago with that name. It's a pretty name :)

I think Maya has been through a lot. She definitely needs a break
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Thank you guys so much for reading and supporting :D
    I'm super excited to be playing with the Hansen-Sampson family again :3
    1.30 Age Six
    Another short one with the random ramblings of some six year-olds. Kids say the darnedest things.
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @lovesstorms Same! She rocks the brunette look.
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
    1.31 Three Decades
    The climax of Maya's arc! I've been building up to this for a bit. Just about 4 more chapters before a massive time leap for the children's arc.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited March 2019
    ... :o Wow...

Seriously can barely believe what just happened...
    Banner.png
    ... :o Wow...

Seriously can barely believe what just happened...
    I wanted to tie up the whole Maya's brother thing. It's something I've been leading up to since 1.6 where I had her getting super drunk to forget everything. I don't want to hurt Maya :'(
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I don't want to hurt Maya :'(

Evidence suggests otherwise! :angry::joy: HASN'T SHE SUFFERED ENOUGH?? :joy:

1.30 Age Six
    Another short one with the random ramblings of some six year-olds. Kids say the darnedest things.

Also this was cute, but this line:

She frowned, “When papa isn’t home mama drinks from these funny bottles.”

was devastating :disappointed: and perfectly set up the next chapter.
    Blahhh our air conditioning is broken and I'm currently dying so I'm gonna do nothing but sit on this sofa and work on the legacy since there are only four(4) chapters before the kids' arc, and I want them all to be teenagers.
    1.32 Helpless

Blahhhh I'm sick of writing this sad stuff XD I'm ready to wrap up Maya's backstory.
    For awhile I've kinda regretted parts of her backstory with her brother so I've just been trying to wrap that all up so she can move forward in the rest of her life.
    1.33 Rock Bottom
    Annnnnnnnnnd another one. :3c
    2 more chapters of Maya centric stuff :3c
    😮 😮 😮 ….

Maya needs a lot of love there…
    Banner.png
    😮 😮 😮 ….

Don't worry it gets better DX
    😮 😮 😮 ….

Don't worry it gets better DX

That's... reassuring..
    Banner.png
    1.34 Forgiveness
    Woopsie! I lied. Instead of 2 chapters, I condensed the end of her arc into one. It just made sense when I was writing it.
    (Yes, I wrote three chapters back to back :# it's too hot to do anything other than play video games.)
    So that's the end of Maya's arc! I'm done writing for tonight, but I am going to go into game to age everyone since next is a twelve year time skip! Then I'm going to make a new banner :3c
    edited June 2019
    I decided to reread the beginning chapters as a refresher. There's a lot of great Maya moments, and even the side characters are so great. I get what you mean though by wanting to wrap up Maya's arc and regretting the darker stuff, it DID get rather dark. XD But, considering the whole WPP, it's not improbable. And no conflict doesn't really amount to much storytelling.

But this line is so just so good, I actually almost nearly CRIED reading this chapter again!!
    "We may have been broken, but there wasn’t anybody I’d rather be put back together with than him."
    BEAUTIFUL! And the pictures right after are just so so so beautiful too. :heart:

This.... 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Just the way their stories paralleled, and none of if was planned.... Their relationship just feels so GENUINE, you know? Like literally every straight couple in every movie ever, I have never cared about. It's so forced. So boring. Predictable. TV shows allow for more characterization, which is why the whole Jim & Pam thing from The Office is so successful.
    So Wil and Maya are kinda like them. It just feels RIGHT. Like they ARE actually soulmates, even though they're just some random sims. XD

But anyways, yeah. This truly is such a great pair, and I can't wait to see their children take the helm :smiley:
    Turner wrote: »
    I decided to reread the beginning chapters as a refresher. There's a lot of great Maya moments, and even the side characters are so great. I get what you mean though by wanting to wrap up Maya's arc and regretting the darker stuff, it DID get rather dark. XD But, considering the whole WPP, it's not improbable. And no conflict doesn't really amount to much storytelling.

But this line is so just so good, I actually almost nearly CRIED reading this chapter again!!
    "We may have been broken, but there wasn’t anybody I’d rather be put back together with than him."
    BEAUTIFUL! And the pictures right after are just so so so beautiful too. :heart:

This.... plum. Just the way their stories paralleled, and none of if was planned.... Their relationship just feels so GENUINE, you know? Like literally every straight couple in every movie ever, I have never cared about. It's so forced. So boring. Predictable. TV shows allow for more characterization, which is why the whole Jim & Pam thing from The Office is so successful.
    So Wil and Maya are kinda like them. It just feels RIGHT. Like they ARE actually soulmates, even though they're just some random sims. XD

But anyways, yeah. This truly is such a great pair, and I can't wait to see their children take the helm :smiley:

Ahhh you're so nice.
    I mean, I'm not against dark. (My very first legacy was REALLY dark. I'm not that extreme anymore, though lol.) I write more drama than I do comedy. Just the whole drug cartel thing made me go YIKES! The whole WPP thing was not my favorite idea ever. I don't even remember what my initial concept was, but someone being in the Witness Protection Program came later. I still love Maya, though!

I don't remember what chapter that is, but you're making me so happy XD
    They really do go well together! So much fell in place so randomly! (Thanks, Haylo, for letting me hijack your character XD ) Also lol I know how you feel. Honestly, if I was more comfortable in myself when I made Maya, she may have ended up a lesbian XD for once I'm glad a character is straight :thinking:
    I've still never seen the Office.

Side note: Peep the new banner, y'all ;)
    edited June 2019
    The WPP is actually a pretty good idea though! I mean, how often is that idea ACTUALLY explored? And the whole "identity" theme is actually really original and relevant and prominent.
    Drug cartel thing is less exciting for me, because that idea has been overdone to death, but that's what set up the whole WPP thing to begin with, and, it's actually pretty common.
    I have no problem with dark either, but the whole Wil getting kidnapped thing is pretty crazy. :lol: But the thing with her brother is actually pretty good, I like how we found out after his death this whole thing with his ex girlfriend; it's actually really realistic and thus, good storytelling. That's a VERY common thing, that people in our lives are having this whole other life we know nothing about, and it's not uncommon for them to be secretive about it. Everyone on the street somewhat seems like an NPC, but when you actually get to know them, they too have all these distinct problems and are actively making decisions about their lives too.
    ....I'm rambling. XD But my point is, I like how it wasn't just some kid getting in trouble, trying to get money. It all had to do with his ex and his daughter, so I liked that. Makes it sadder he died, and gives more reason for Maya to resent her parents.

Lol and yeah her coworker even made a comment that she could be gay, which I thought was funny cuz she would make a great lesbian. XD Of course she could always be bi but since that hasn't been brought up yet (right?), it shouldn't change now.

I feel like you would like The Office :o

But anyways, yeah, you write them so well together. It's kinda sad seeing them get old :cry:

New banner is LIT
    Turner wrote: »
    The WPP is actually a pretty good idea though! I mean, how often is that idea ACTUALLY explored? And the whole "identity" theme is actually really original and relevant and prominent.
    Drug cartel thing is less exciting for me, because that idea has been overdone to death, but that's what set up the whole WPP thing to begin with, and, it's actually pretty common.
    I have no problem with dark either, but the whole Wil getting kidnapped thing is pretty crazy. :lol: But the thing with her brother is actually pretty good, I like how we found out after his death this whole thing with his ex girlfriend; it's actually really realistic and thus, good storytelling. That's a VERY common thing, that people in our lives are having this whole other life we know nothing about, and it's not uncommon for them to be secretive about it. Everyone on the street somewhat seems like an NPC, but when you actually get to know them, they too have all these distinct problems and are actively making decisions about their lives too.
    ....I'm rambling. XD But my point is, I like how it wasn't just some kid getting in trouble, trying to get money. It all had to do with his ex and his daughter, so I liked that. Makes it sadder he died, and gives more reason for Maya to reset her parents.

Lol and yeah her coworker even made a comment that she could be gay, which I thought was funny cuz she would make a great lesbian. XD Of course she could always be bi but since that hasn't been brought up yet (right?), it shouldn't change now.

I feel like you would like The Office :o

But anyways, yeah, you write them so well together. It's kinda sad seeing them get old :cry:

New banner is LIT

Here was my reasoning behind Wil getting kidnapped XD Maya broadcasted herself onto television. They wanted Maya, because of how she turned in their boss or whatever. So he was emotional leverage. They saw on the show that she cared about him, so he was the leverage to get her there, but yeah it was crazy lol (Also I wouldn't know how she would find him again specifically, so I killed two birds with one stone.)

LOL Yeah, Maya is just gonna be a straightie HOWEVER all of her kids might not be ;)

I'll watch it eventually probably. I'm really bad at finishing shows. Since I can't sleep again tonight(I feel like every forum messages starts with me not sleeping) I'm watching Netflix right now. Good Girls, it's hilarious.

I'm gonna be so sad when they're gone. I actually just rolled numbers for when they'll die earlier(SO MORBID.) Like, I don't play with aging on when doing the legacy so I rolled a number between 75 and 100 for both of them... RIP

Thank you! :D I really like it, and now that the kids are older I can more so figure out where their features come from. The only thing I changed is Amalia was born blonde, but it's just hardly realistic for them to have 3 blondes when Maya's traits are so dominant. So I gave her the darker brown hair that Maya's mom has. (Oh, I also changed body types a little. Maya's petite figure with Wil's muscular frame made some really awkward shapes. I just kinda made everyone a little plumper so they didn't look like muscular string beans.)
    *popped on the laptop just like 15 minutes before going to the wedding*

Aww, that looks so cute! Makes me lok forward to what the kids are going to be up to next? >:) I do remember the adult twins being briefly on Twiddle's show earlier this year.
    Banner.png

Aww, that looks so cute! Makes me lok forward to what the kids are going to be up to next? >:) I do remember the adult twins being briefly on Twiddle's show earlier this year.

You're going to a wedding :O Have fun!!
    Hehe, I'm excited for some fresh plot lines. I did sign the twins up for Twiddle's show! I thought it'd be funny to make game shows run in the family.

You're going to a wedding :O Have fun!!
    Hehe, I'm excited for some fresh plot lines. I did sign the twins up for Twiddle's show! I thought it'd be funny to make game shows run in the family.

Yay thanks, it's my cousin's wedding. :)

A reality family would be interesting, I remember the Anderson family also being like that (Taiha, Remy, mother Anita. Stil waiting for Maya to crawl out of the shadows @HayloHusky)
    Banner.png
    I just rolled for fun. Maya dies at 80 and Wil at 78. :lol: Actually quite fitting and realistic!