Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Androids

Would anyone like android robots in the game? I've always wanted my own personal robot to help around the house. It could be something exclusive only to scientists, and would have to be made through the invention constructor.

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You mean like the Servo in TS2? Sure, why not! One of my sims is very much into computers and technology, and it would be fitting for her to have a robot maid.

I wouldn't necessarily tie it to the scientist career, though, rather introduce a new skill that lets you build all kinds of robots depending on your level.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Oh I didn't play TS2, so I have no idea what a Servo is, but yup pretty much robots.

The new skill is a nice idea. Could be something like "Inventing." I probably wouldn't make the android accessible right away though. Maybe at level 10 inventing. I don't think they're that easy to make so I wouldn't want all my sims to have one. Or maybe they are? I wouldn't know xD

Oh also I'd love if you could dress it up in CAS as well and change its base colors.
  • Options
    The Servo in TS2 was a controllable robot for everything. Only sims on the highest robotic skill level (or golden talent badge, as it was called) could build it, then decide if it was male or female, and even give it a name if I remember correctly. It had its very own clothes too, and could be romanced. (So yeah, TS2 basically allowed you to build a kid-friendly version of a sex bot that would also cook and clean for you. :D )

There was a variety of other robots as well, which could clean or fight off burglars for example, and sims had to build a few of those first before they became good enough to build a Servo. I thought it was a very nice idea, and I could see something like this coming to TS4 too eventually.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish Oh that's awesome! That's pretty much everything I'm asking for. I certainly hope that makes a comeback :)
  • Options
    Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    Yeah, I'd love having Servos or SimBots/Plumbots. I actually miss having them in the game.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm down for that. In fact, I was thinking just the other day of how cool it would be if we could have a Robotics skill for our sims that allows them to build progressively more advanced robots--from Roombas and battle bots to robo-pets and obviously robotic androids all the way up to robots so human that there are only a few physical differences to tell them apart from normal sims. The way I see it, the skill should be unlocked when your sim has Level 10 Handiness and Level 10 Programming. Another feature I think should be part of that skill is the ability to transfer a robot's AI to more advanced bodies and upgrade that AI to be more human.

I could have sooooo much fun with that... :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want Bonehilda to make a comeback.
    I miss the boney help
    latest?cb=20120801220819
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    The way I see it, the skill should be unlocked when your sim has Level 10 Handiness and Level 10 Programming.

I was thinking the same thing, because it bascially is a combination of Handiness and Programming. I probably wouldn't set the bar that high, but combining various skills to unlock a new one is something I'd like to see more of in the future.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I want the one from the Sims 3 Into the Future, the Plum-bots are the most high tech robots in the series, and I want them back in The Sims 4
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    I want the one from the Sims 3 Into the Future, the Plum-bots are the most high tech robots in the series, and I want them back in The Sims 4

Me too, I love the robots from Into the Future.
  • Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    this seems like a much more rewarding goal for the robotics skill. One of the issues i have with this iteration of sims is that all the skills don't really lead anywhere useful/fun. Cant be your own chef in your restaurant. Can't do much with painting. Can't do anything cool with being a scientist. etc. The rocket ship is great and all but once you're done-there's nothing really to DO with it-aside from go to that very small other planet. that's fun. once. collecting doesn't give you much that makes you feel like you GOTTA do it. So...yeah :)
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    I do enjoy the perks that come with being a scientist, but apart from that I agree with @shezoe. Some skills seem to exist for the sole purpose of improving job performance - I don't recall ever having any other use for Logic, for example. Those skills take quite a while to master, so there should be cool rewards for doing so, and being able to construct robots of increasing AI capacity would definitely be cool.