Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs

I love the expansion and am having a blast with the cats and dogs, however, I still play Sims 3 and my favorite animals in S3 are the horses. Does anyone know if they will ever add horses to the Sims 4? Love to train them, race them and take them for rides. I usually set up a large farm and love all the animals.

Thank you

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited November 2017
    No one knows for sure about any unannounced future packs. If there is something you want, like horses, pop into the IDEAS CORNER and add to or create a new thread about what you want.

We will get a new QUARTERLY TEASER TRAILER in the first of January.
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I hope they make horses and other animals like that in a GP not and EP because you get more out of your money.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    There are no guarantees, but the fact that it was called "Cats and Dogs" instead of "Pets" might indicate that they're open to adding more animals in the future.

Personally, I think horses are a big moneymaker for them, so there's a good chance they'll make it eventually.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I hope they make horses and other animals like that in a GP not and EP because you get more out of your money.

GP's appear to be better done because they are focused on one theme. It's tighter and isn't cluttered with other stuff but you get more with an EP. I think small pets could be done very well as a group in one GP or divided out into a few SP's. I would like horses in a separate pack by themselves, not in a farm pack. I would also like more variations on horses. For example, horses that are just for racing like Thoroughbreds and Jumpers for jumping fences. Every horse doesn't need to do everything. I also want working horses like big draft horses for a farm to pull wagons or plows. Ponies for kids would be a new feature and I would love, LOVE, love to have miniature horses as pets.
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    It seems like a lot of people out there are in favor of adding horses. I hope the Devs are reading the posts, or doing searches to show them the popularity.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really have a feeling we'll get the horses in a farming pack. The "skeletons" for a horse are like a much larger dog. Considering they added raccoons and fox voices, they could easily add horse ones too. I could foresee cows too because they are the same size as horses. This is all conjecture of course but feasibly makes sense in my head.
  • KissarahKissarah Posts: 46 Member
    I don't see horses functioning as well in S4 as they did in the open world of S3. Your sim is so much more boxed in. And could you imagine horse pets populating in the cities? :D But at the same time, they've been a lot quicker to ditch old archetypes and try new things, so maybe they would stop them from popping up in the worlds that make sense. Who knows! I would be happy to see anything that would just bring us new pet things >.< they didn't give us much for pet specific objects.
    Kissarah wrote: »
    I don't see horses functioning as well in S4 as they did in the open world of S3. Your sim is so much more boxed in. And could you imagine horse pets populating in the cities? :D But at the same time, they've been a lot quicker to ditch old archetypes and try new things, so maybe they would stop them from popping up in the worlds that make sense. Who knows! I would be happy to see anything that would just bring us new pet things >.< they didn't give us much for pet specific objects.

Personally, I would like horses as part of a vacation pack like a dude ranch in Arizona or somewhere. Horses could be rentable and you could do the same stuff you did in S3. Race, jump, ride or explore. Imagine a vacation world as big as GF where you could ride all over and the only loading screens would be at the lots you visit. Otherwise, the entire world is yours to roam on horseback.

But what if I want to own a horse you ask? Well your horse would be stabled in the ranch barn that's a rabbit hole. You click it and a pie menu pops up with things like RENT A HORSE, MANAGE (insert horses name here) or even MUCK STALLS or FEED HORSE.

We could add DESSAGE training into the options. I would suggest fox hunting but I know many would be upset with the senseless hunting of cartoon foxes (although, it is more of a chase than a hunt and the little fox isn't harmed, but....).
  • Mariah_1254Mariah_1254 Posts: 48 Member
    I agree with @alan650111

I also miss parrots from sims 3 :( it was so cool walking around the house with a rare parrot on my sims shoulder!
    W4ml882.png