Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House guests who NEVER leave ?

Hey all. So.. is anyone else experiencing this?

Long story short: Husband cheated on wife- mistress had baby. Husband adopted baby. Wife cheated on husband-had baby- kept baby. Husband and wife divorced (still live together)- and they have a daughter together. Ok... so because they have other Sims for their babies parents, they always want to come over. Initially they ask, and I tell them, "Ok" but then.. they NEVER LEAVE. They stay for weeks at a time. Currently, the wife's baby daddy has been at her house for 2.5 weeks. After about 2 days of staying in my Sims house, there is no option to "ask to leave" or "goodbye" There is the option to have them move in.. but that's it. I have resorted to locking the bathroom door in hopes of making them leave! Same with the ex-husband's mistress.. they do eventually leave with this trick. Anyone else. I have 0 script mods, and only cc clothing, hair, eyes, and skin.

Insight appreciated:) I'll sort out the cc if need be, but first I want to know if anyone else is having visitors like this!:)

Comments

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I think there was a thread about this recently of people having the same problems; I think they said if the kids are infants/toddlers, the other parents will show up and never want to leave, but I'm not sure :/ Are your Sims still in romantic relationships with the mistress/baby daddy? You could see if the "ask to just be friends" option will make them leave, if you don't want them to be together anymore.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    under the Mean interactions there is a Leave option,
    at least i had it yesterday on my sim's shop lot

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yep, I think that's normal. My sim had a baby with one of the premades while they were still living apart, he came over one day and never left again. But since I wanted them to be a family anyway, I eventually asked him to move in.
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    This kept happening to me when I was doing my 100 baby challenge. I thought that I heard it was not suppose to happen and that they had fixed it in one of the earlier patches.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    If it happens again you can try traveling to another lot with them, and then going back home with only your sims. So you leave the annoying house guest behind.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    What I usually do when that happens, is that I add the annoying guest in a group and then the opportunity to make them leave is there. You can try that.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    This is where vampires help because command to leave is so beautiful.
    I have the problem with a nanny that keeps coming over and charging them money even though the kids have grown up and are now the house owners. :/ sigh. So for me it isn't guests but hired help.
  • That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    How about putting a radio outside and inviting them to dance and when they come over lock the doors for only your household members and delete the radio. Or set up a tv chair etc outside and select watch a movie with and click their names, when they come out lock the doors so they cant enter and turn off the tv and when they arent on the chair etc delete it! Or like someone else said, travel with them and then leave them behind
  • kodachrome35kodachrome35 Posts: 25 Member
    I like the way you play--lots of cheating and backstabbing and the like. Keeps things interesting ;)

I recently had a similar situation, in which my Sim already had 3 children with her husband, and then had twins with their former neighbor. It would be inaccurate to say he came over all the time, because, in reality, he came over once and subsequently became a permanent fixture in the house for quite a while. I couldn't find an option to force him to leave. He was prone towards hogging the entire single bathroom in the house for extended bubble baths, which was sliiiiiightly infuriating... but he also helped take care of the kids, which was desperately needed.

I was sure that he would eventually flirt with my Sim in front of her husband, turning their marriage into certain shambles, but he never did. They're elders now, and the husband still doesn't know...