Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My vampires never break in??

Hey, so a lot of people complain about vampires breaking in too much. But mine never do, or rather they do, but they just stalk up to my sims' front doors and then leave the lot. None of these doors are locked. I have MC command center so I don;'t know if it has a setting which might be stopping them, or conflicting with them, but I really want to see what it's like to have the vampires actually break in and feed! Other times I get them knocking on the door, when none of the sims know them, but even then, all they do is sit around and chat.

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    your sim has to be asleep
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    @comicsforlife Do all the sims in the household have to be asleep?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My vamps never break in either and it's very disappointing! :(
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    I wish my vampires would stop breaking in. It happens to me 2 or 3 nights a week and I've never interacted with them.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I think so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    I have the shy vampires as well. Come up to my door when I'm asleep as if they're thinking of it, then they apparently get the case of the nerves and leave.
    0sCPiZh.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Mine neither, except for the community lots nonsense.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    Yeah, I have the community lot issue where the game locks up because a vampire is allegedly breaking in somewhere...but otherwise I don't get attacks. I think that the good circumstantial evidence is that if you play with vampires you're less likely to get attacks. Especially if your sims have relationships with the vampires because they're unlikely to attack friends and acquaintances or family members.

I have had 2 vampire attacks total ever in about 150 hours of gameplay. The first was a random attack in my main game but it was done by a vampire with serious evil traits and she still only ever did it once in the whole of my game. I have about 35 vampires in this game and that's the only time a human family has been attacked in the night by any of them, ever.

The other one I started as a new game to experiment to see what would happen if I ignored the vampires in the Hollow and just played with humans. Within about a single in game day I had a random vampire come attack my sim.

Basically the people who have the most attacks seem to play the least with vampires. There are obviously going to be exceptions to that rule, but from what other people have said, the more you like vampires, play with them and want to see them do things like that, the less likely you make it because you're fulfilling the purpose of the game. And basically a lot of the people who have issues with vampire attacks don't want the vampires at all, so are ignoring them. In short, it's reverse psychology....and what @LiaRose1435 said above confirms it.

In short if you ignore vampires you will get attacked. If you play with vampires you are less likely to get attacked. If you don't fulfil the purpose of the game, the game will remind you of the feature you're ignoring. It's why it doesn't really make sense in the long run to buy a pack that you don't want the main theme of, because Sims isn't subtle. If you want fewer attacks, play with the vampires. Simple as.

This is why it gets frustrating to me seeing people complaining about vampire attacks when 9 times out of 10 they are bringing it on themselves by trying to ignore them.

That means that if you want vampire attacks, it might be a good idea to start a second game and ignore the vampires completely and see what happens. ;)
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    @Vraie That makes sense, in my main save I have 5 families of vampires, all of whom are played. I do get break ins in community lots which result in feedings but never home lots.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Vraie That's very interesting! I was wondering why I don't get vamps around my regular sims homes. I guess it's because I have 3 played households that are vamps? I see them out at bars and clubs, but I also never see them autonomously feed on those lots though.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Vraie wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the community lot issue where the game locks up because a vampire is allegedly breaking in somewhere...but otherwise I don't get attacks. I think that the good circumstantial evidence is that if you play with vampires you're less likely to get attacks. Especially if your sims have relationships with the vampires because they're unlikely to attack friends and acquaintances or family members.

I have had 2 vampire attacks total ever in about 150 hours of gameplay. The first was a random attack in my main game but it was done by a vampire with serious evil traits and she still only ever did it once in the whole of my game. I have about 35 vampires in this game and that's the only time a human family has been attacked in the night by any of them, ever.

The other one I started as a new game to experiment to see what would happen if I ignored the vampires in the Hollow and just played with humans. Within about a single in game day I had a random vampire come attack my sim.

Basically the people who have the most attacks seem to play the least with vampires. There are obviously going to be exceptions to that rule, but from what other people have said, the more you like vampires, play with them and want to see them do things like that, the less likely you make it because you're fulfilling the purpose of the game. And basically a lot of the people who have issues with vampire attacks don't want the vampires at all, so are ignoring them. In short, it's reverse psychology....and what @LiaRose1435 said above confirms it.

In short if you ignore vampires you will get attacked. If you play with vampires you are less likely to get attacked. If you don't fulfil the purpose of the game, the game will remind you of the feature you're ignoring. It's why it doesn't really make sense in the long run to buy a pack that you don't want the main theme of, because Sims isn't subtle. If you want fewer attacks, play with the vampires. Simple as.

This is why it gets frustrating to me seeing people complaining about vampire attacks when 9 times out of 10 they are bringing it on themselves by trying to ignore them.

That means that if you want vampire attacks, it might be a good idea to start a second game and ignore the vampires completely and see what happens. ;)

Wow, it really seems to be the case. We should direct people having the breaking problems to this post.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode