Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negative thought bubble after first kiss...

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
So I'm playing TS4 now. I've decided to make a random Sim without knowing how they look and I picked a random name without knowing it until after I finished in CAS.( I avoided seeing the Sim and their name by using a near by magazine and covering the monitor. Don't ask how I was able to do that while using the mouse - it wasn't easy. LOL) I did this so I wouldn't feel attach to the Sim and could just play the game without worrying if everything is perfect.

Anyway, the issue is (and it is silly I know lol): My Sim finally kissed her new boyfriend , but after they had their "first kissed" he had a negative thought about her. :( Now I worried he doesn't really like her anymore, even though their kiss was positive and they still have good relationship status in the panel. I just don't like the fact that after he kissed her, he had that thought bubble. lol Things were go so well and then that happens. I find it weird. I hope it is a glitch.

I'm scared to save my game LOL

It was like this photo but with her face behind it. (Sorry this is the best way I can explain without uploading an in game screenshot) lol

150px-ProhibitionSign2.svg.png

Is this a glitch or does that mean he thought negative of the kiss?

Edit: I need answers... Should I save if or not? XD @catloverplayer (he knows this stuff) lololl
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
Post edited by Goodywood on

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Bad breath.

Just kidding. If the kiss wasn't rejected does he have the jealousy trait? maybe he thought she was flirting with someone.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Do a save_as and continue playing. If he turns out not to be Mr. Right for your sim, you can return to your original save before the kiss.

As for the thought bubble, it could also mean he was trying to go somewhere or use an object and your sim was in the way.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Do the thought bubbles really mean anything in sims4?
  • Options
    @ladybreid LOL that what it seems like. :D She actually had to use one of those Hygiene Potions on their first date. She wasn't prepared and her hygiene was really low. It was so random when he asked I had to let her go. I was happy he asked her. He doesn't have the Jealous trait.

@EnkiSchmidt I actually forgot about that feature (save as). I did a save as, but I think everything is okay.

@suzanna13 I guess it helps to see what a Sim is thinking. Like what object is in their way etc. I believe Thought Bubbles were most important/useful in TS2 because of the memory system. Sims would think of a memory and it was fun to see there reaction. Like if they had got into a fight they would randomly think of that Sim and have a burning memory of them. Or they think of a new born relative. Things like that. That is why we need the Memory System back, really makes the Sims more realistic.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    So I'm playing TS4 now. I've decided to make a random Sim without knowing how they look and I picked a random name without knowing it until after I finished in CAS.( I avoided seeing the Sim and their name by using a near by magazine and covering the monitor. Don't ask how I was able to do that while using the mouse - it wasn't easy. LOL) I did this so I wouldn't feel attach to the Sim and could just play the game without worrying if everything is perfect.

Anyway, the issue is (and it is silly I know lol): My Sim finally kissed her new boyfriend , but after they had their "first kissed" he had a negative thought about her. :( Now I worried he doesn't really like her anymore, even though their kiss was positive and they still have good relationship status in the panel. I just don't like the fact that after he kissed her, he had that thought bubble. lol Things were go so well and then that happens. I find it weird. I hope it is a glitch.

I'm scared to save my game LOL

It was like this photo but with her face behind it. (Sorry this is the best way I can explain without uploading an in game screenshot) lol

150px-ProhibitionSign2.svg.png

Is this a glitch or does that mean he thought negative of the kiss?

Edit: I need answers... Should I save if or not? XD @catloverplayer (he knows this stuff) lololl

Yes save it.
    @ladybreid LOL that what it seems like. :D She actually had to use one of those Hygiene Potions on their first date. She wasn't prepared and her hygiene was really low. It was so random when he asked I had to let her go. I was happy he asked her. He doesn't have the Jealous trait.

@EnkiSchmidt I actually forgot about that feature (save as). I did a save as, but I think everything is okay.

@suzanna13 I guess it helps to see what a Sim is thinking. Like what object is in their way etc. I believe Thought Bubbles were most important/useful in TS2 because of the memory system. Sims would think of a memory and it was fun to see there reaction. Like if they had got into a fight they would randomly think of that Sim and have a burning memory of them. Or they think of a new born relative. Things like that. That is why we need the Memory System back, really makes the Sims more realistic.

Low hygene was probebly the reason for the negative kiss. I say save cause if her hygiene is maxed on the next date the relationship should go up.
  • Options
    Actually I was talking about her first date when her hygiene was bad, but that is not when they first kiss. So, it wasn't because of her hygiene if was green.

But I am going to test it again with the original save and see what happens.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    usually that happens when the conversation turns awkward
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Actually I was talking about her first date when her hygiene was bad, but that is not when they first kiss. So, it wasn't because of her hygiene if was green.

But I am going to test it again with the original save and see what happens.

Ok I misread but you should probably save anyway. I'm sure that little negative icon the sim had won't hardly hurt the relationship.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sometimes that just happens and it's difficult to find why it happened. I created two Sims for a match and future family. Their interests, careers and traits were the same so they spent a lot of time together playing video games and hanging out at the karaoke bars. They had done some light flirting and their romance bar was at 50%. They were leaving to go home after an evening of singing and drinking when he went in for a first kiss. All the bars were in the green but she would have none of it. They were roomies but every time they were in the same room, she got that same moodlet. As long as things stayed friendly, she was okay. But she shut down every romantic action he made after that. I reset the lot and Sims. Repaired the game twice and pulled my CC folder. Even in a vanilla game she would not accept him as a romantic partner. I changed her career and one of her traits thinking there were too many similarities between them. Nothing helped. I moved her into her own home and she began throwing whims about Marcus Flex whom had met just once while working out at the gym. What puzzled me is the fact those two Sims have absolutely nothing in common. But she was obviously smitten. So sometimes my plans don't work out when it comes to matchmaking. But this one still has me wondering.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2017
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Sometimes that just happens and it's difficult to find why it happened. I created two Sims for a match and future family. Their interests, careers and traits were the same so they spent a lot of time together playing video games and hanging out at the karaoke bars. They had done some light flirting and their romance bar was at 50%. They were leaving to go home after an evening of singing and drinking when he went in for a first kiss. All the bars were in the green but she would have none of it. They were roomies but every time they were in the same room, she got that same moodlet. As long as things stayed friendly, she was okay. But she shut down every romantic action he made after that. I reset the lot and Sims. Repaired the game twice and pulled my CC folder. Even in a vanilla game she would not accept him as a romantic partner. I changed her career and one of her traits thinking there were too many similarities between them. Nothing helped. I moved her into her own home and she began throwing whims about Marcus Flex whom had met just once while working out at the gym. What puzzled me is the fact those two Sims have absolutely nothing in common. But she was obviously smitten. So sometimes my plans don't work out when it comes to matchmaking. But this one still has me wondering.

Yebb. This. The Sims have a mind of their own sometimes when it comes to romance. Has happened a few times for me and at least 1 time I really got vexxed and more than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off as it forced me to change a story. But usually I just let them be 'just friends' and make them choose for themselves. I may give them a nudge towards other Sims and yes, sometimes that does work but sometimes they just choose what they want. I have learned to accept it. I really don't like to force them, even though they are just pixel people.

I've also had a Sim that is really into another Sim and has a few romantic whims towards them but the other Sim does not like any romantic interraction with said Sim (and no, she didn't have the no flirt trait). That made me a bit sad. The silly little Sims.
  • Options
    Oh well.... their relationship is over anyway guys, since she saw him flirting with someone else. :( I made her break up with him.:( She was going to propose too that night. The guy was dancing and started flirting with someone else. I was shock to see that happen.
  • Options
    Oh well.... their relationship is over anyway guys, since she saw him flirting with someone else. :( I made her break up with him.:( She was going to propose too that night. The guy was dancing and started flirting with someone else. I was shock to see that happen.

Unfortuanly this is also happening with married sims. If you don't watch them they will flirt with other sims.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Unfortuanly this is also happening with married sims. If you don't watch them they will flirt with other sims.

So is this a glitch? @catloverplayer Or something EA didn't think through? I don't like it, especially if married Sims are doing it.
  • Options

So is this a glitch? @catloverplayer Or something EA didn't think through? I don't like it, especially if married Sims are doing it.

I don't know if it's a glitch but it's happening much more then it use to. I think it's tied to their emotions when they get flirty but it seems to happen more now then it did.
  • Options

I don't know if it's a glitch but it's happening much more then it use to. I think it's tied to their emotions when they get flirty but it seems to happen more now then it did.

Well in that case maybe I should ignore it @catloverplayer . Maybe there is a mod that can fix this.