Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point...

..in "Exchanging Numbers" when the Sim already can call/text the other Sim? :D

Honestly, I think it's a cute interaction that they can do that. It would be better though if you could only call a Sim by asking for their number, and it should only work if the Sim trust the other Sim enough to give it to them.

I thought this was funny that EA put that in there without an actual purpose. But anyway, it is a cute interaction. <3
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    do the sims using it get at least a moodlet ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    do the sims using it get at least a moodlet ?

I think they get a confident moodlet, if successful and an embarassed one, if not.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    Goodywood wrote: »
    ..in "Exchanging Numbers" when the Sim already can call/text the other Sim? :D

Honestly, I think it's a cute interaction that they can do that. It would be better though if you could only call a Sim by asking for their number, and it should only work if the Sim trust the other Sim enough to give it to them.

I thought this was funny that EA put that in there without an actual purpose. But anyway, it is a cute interaction. <3

Think the only purpose to it is to gain a positive or negative moodlet, depending on the reaction of the target SIM.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It also protects the relationships from culling if the Sims are played
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf @ToastyChan @NorthDakotaGamer I didn't know there was a moodlet for it, but at least you get something out of it.

Wait this is a joke (?), because I actually got excited for a moment. LOL @Neia
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think it adds some realism in the game if things were not freely laying around to be picked up. And yes as you say.. being able to call EVERYONE is one of them. It would be of course be annoying to go through the same 'ask for number' interaction with every sim you meet, but maybe it could only be possible if you have at least a 40% friendship or romance going on. If you don't, then you would have to actually ask for the number. It gets more exited to not know if you may ever see that sim again or no, or a reason to stalk them and follow them to their house or fav lots :p Get in touch with their friends and hope they show up at the same bday parties. SO much debt goes into this and i would absolutely love it! this could be applied with other things too.
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I thought you needed their number to be able to send WooHoo texts and stuff like that?
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Goodywood
    No joke :) I think it's a clever way to tag the relationship as important, I wish there was a friendly interaction that does the same kind of thing.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I thought you needed their number to be able to send WooHoo texts and stuff like that?

That was TS3 Uni.
  • Options
    NunnDuuRaah1NunnDuuRaah1 Posts: 35 Member
    It adds to the immersion, no?
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I use it as a relatively risk free way to advance to getting some romance in the relationship bar. It can fail, but it's not as risky early on in the relationship as some of the other Romance options, such as, say, Confess Attraction, or Pick Up Line. I use it when I get tired of spamming Flirt and Compliment Appearance. I think the Moodlet for when it succeeds is Totally Into Me, or something like that, so it's sorta cute.

I didn't know it saved from culling, thanks @Neia, that's good to know.
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I think it could have some purpose like the Apartment Keys in City Living.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It's a very nice way of seeing if the sim you want to romance is actually into your sim as well :) I use it as a mini test. If the potential love interest reacts negatively and grimaces at their phone, I move on to someone else. I like how there is always a chance they'll do that, even if the romance bar looks ok. Adds realism and is just very cute.