Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get a 5 Star Vet Clinic? (ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT)

KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
It seems impossible to reach a 5 star vet clinic. I have worked forever and I now have a 4 star clinic. I do not know how to get to a 5 star one, I don't think I can improve anymore. My clinic is the one that in originally in the game (so it has very nice decor), my two vets (who I control because they are in my household) are both level 10 for the vet skill and both have about a level 8 charisma and level 5 handiness (Also nothing ever breaks, I have the best equipment possible). No sim is ever waiting more than 45 mins (sim time) and the clinic is always clean. I don't know what I can do to make it better. Is there a cheat to make the star level go up? Do you have any advice, if you do PLEASE share it! It will be much appreciated.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I feel your pain, I hope to try and get 5 stars too, I am also currently on 4 stars. I have unlocked the best equipment, have the patience perk and still it says my equipment needs to be better, I have 3 staff that only clean and 4 super upgraded vacuums that constantly clean but I still get the our place needs to be clean thing as well, its quite frustrating, there is not one vomit, pee or poo dropping anywhere, the only ones are the ones acuring during the exam and then a vet or robot cleans it up asap while the exam is happening so no reason why I should get that. I have learned to not check mouth that seems to lessen vomiting. My sim is maxed in vet and charisma and logic so yeah its frustrating.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I'm still working towards all of the perks to try for the five star rating, but I did get a couple of patients to flip to a five a couple of times. I've noticed that clicking on the animal as soon as I'm done examining and choosing 'call a good pet' will have my vet compliment the animal right after billing their human, and makes the sim's star rating bump up one higher.

Don't know if that helps anyone, but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case. :)

#Team Occult
  • KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm still working towards all of the perks to try for the five star rating, but I did get a couple of patients to flip to a five a couple of times. I've noticed that clicking on the animal as soon as I'm done examining and choosing 'call a good pet' will have my vet compliment the animal right after billing their human, and makes the sim's star rating bump up one higher.

Don't know if that helps anyone, but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case. :)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I hope to try and get 5 stars too, I am also currently on 4 stars. I have unlocked the best equipment, have the patience perk and still it says my equipment needs to be better, I have 3 staff that only clean and 4 super upgraded vacuums that constantly clean but I still get the our place needs to be clean thing as well, its quite frustrating, there is not one vomit, pee or poo dropping anywhere, the only ones are the ones acuring during the exam and then a vet or robot cleans it up asap while the exam is happening so no reason why I should get that. I have learned to not check mouth that seems to lessen vomiting. My sim is maxed in vet and charisma and logic so yeah its frustrating.

Thank you both for your advice! If either of you get to 5 stars please tell me, I just want to know if it is even POSSIBLE to get 5. I would also love to know what you did to get to that point.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I'm at 3 stars currently. My sim and one other vet. She's actually pretty decent. It's a small clinic with two exam rooms at the moment but has the potential to expand. I keep the wait times down and Quality of Service is rated as Excellent. The clinic has only been open for about a sim week or less, but the place is always busy. The people come in a bit staggered to so I don't have a lot waiting in the waiting room.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I have a theory that the less tests you need to run the better rating. I mean each illness seems to have a set of symphtoms so I'm thinking that if you learn them then you should be able to determine better which test you wan't to do next. Basically you don't wan't to do any tests that aren't needed for diagnosing that spesific illness. I'm still testing my theory so I might be wrong but maybe you would like to try it.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    Possible? Yes.

wixamr.png

But was it practical?..... not so much. And as you can see, I spent 14 sim hours serving 3 patients.
    Here's what my beautiful 5 star clinic looked like (the suit of armors were for environment score lol)
    68f19l.png

I started the clinic with a sim who was already maxed in the vet skill. I lowered the prices to 75%, did not use any advertising, and did not purchase any perks (so I didn't raise the treatment quality, either). 51 out of 52 of the reviews were 5 stars. I hired one guy, but I didn't allow him to treat patients and he literally did nothing except dance the entire time.

I had a very specific, laborious process that I used to make sure each review was 5 stars. It was a huge waste of time but unfortunately curiosity got the better of me tonight
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    I'm curious, what was the specific laborious process?
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I cannot get past 4, I get to 4 stars and then it drops to 3.5. At this point, I'm about to simply be happy with 4 stars.
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I cannot get past 4, I get to 4 stars and then it drops to 3.5. At this point, I'm about to simply be happy with 4 stars.

Same with me! I am trying to have the business be a thing that gets passed on by my sims family and that is kinda hard to do when the grandparents had the same star level as the granddaughter!
    edited November 2017

First, I made sure only one patient was ever on the lot at a time, by disallowing customers as soon as one appeared at the clinic. Next, I made sure that the patient had noticed the nice decor, before admitting them to the exam room. A lot of times, the patient will ignore the decor even though it's all clearly visible and if you greet them before they notice it, you don't get a chance to impress them with the decor anymore.

By the time the pet was on the exam table, the owner's review should be 4 stars already. Then I soothed the pet (if it needed to be soothed), and diagnosed it. Instead of treating it, I ended the exam prematurely and did the "call a good pet" interaction on it, which scores bonus points with the owner (you also get a slight bonus for the pet coming off of the exam table in a calm mood).

After that, I let the pet back on the exam table, treat it, and do one last (probably unnecessary) "call a good pet" interaction with it. The owner by this point should have a "This was a great trip to the vet!" thing above their head and then you should see a flip to 5 stars at the last second. Then I'd allow customers until I see one patient appear on the lot, disallow again, and repeat this process 50 wonderful times

And, I didn't test this thoroughly, but it's worth noting that at some point in there, I tried getting the perk to increase the treatment quality and set my treatment quality to max, and that time I didn't see the "this was a great trip to the vet!" thing on the owner, and the review was only 4 stars. So when that happened (I saved before buying the perk), I just rolled back the save and continued from the point before I bought the perk.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member

First, I made sure only one patient was ever on the lot at a time, by disallowing customers as soon as one appeared at the clinic. Next, I made sure that the patient had noticed the nice decor, before admitting them to the exam room. A lot of times, the patient will ignore the decor even though it's all clearly visible and if you greet them before they notice it, you don't get a chance to impress them with the decor anymore.

By the time the pet was on the exam table, the owner's review should be 4 stars already. Then I soothed the pet (if it needed to be soothed), and diagnosed it. Instead of treating it, I ended the exam prematurely and did the "call a good pet" interaction on it, which scores bonus points with the owner (you also get a slight bonus for the pet coming off of the exam table in a calm mood).

After that, I let the pet back on the exam table, treat it, and do one last (probably unnecessary) "call a good pet" interaction with it. Then I'd allow customers until I see one patient appear on the lot, disallow again, and repeat this process 50 wonderful times

I'm trying to see if there's another way. I do not have the patience for that, lol.
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I'm trying to see if there's another way. I do not have the patience for that, lol.

Me neither. I wanted to see if it was possible, but after seeing how difficult and not-fun it is, I'm happy to keep the clinic on my main save at 4 stars :)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

It works!

ZwIIOWQ.png?1

lRnLKy6.png?1

He was at 4 after I cured his dog, then jumped to 5 after I did "call a good dog". I think another key point (like @CyrusTheLoser did) is to not rely on hired employees. The highest rating I've seen for a customer after dealing with my employee was 4 stars, and that was only once. I think you'll have to rely on yourself and members of your active household to ensure it's a 5 star rating by the end of each exam.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member

I started the clinic with a sim who was already maxed in the vet skill. I lowered the prices to 75%, did not use any advertising, and did not purchase any perks (so I didn't raise the treatment quality, either). 51 out of 52 of the reviews were 5 stars. I hired one guy, but I didn't allow him to treat patients and he literally did nothing except dance the entire time.
    Wow. It took 50 patients to reach 5 stars even when every review is 5 star?
    I think they made this a little too difficult..
    I just want to say that I got my first 5 star review! I got it by calling the pet a good boy before and after I examine them. It most definitely helps!
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Intetesting. So if i put my staff on cleaning duty. Anf treat the patients just me it might happen
  • 1mr8s96m1mr8s96m Posts: 3 New Member
    funny thing is my sims employees almost always end up with customers that have 5 stars, but my sim cant seem to do that! i also think having a high charisma skill would help maybe
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    High vet skill also plays a role, even if you keep the pets calm and get the diagnosis right. I get 5 stars review in my clinic if I'm playing my max skilled vet, but only 4 with the low skilled one. Employees also get 5 stars once they've maxed their skills.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I finally did this. It took me about a week for my sim to get to 5 stars. It probably would have taken less time if I hadn't wanted her to hold onto her employee for story reasons. It was one of the most grindy things I've had to do in the Sims and had it not been required by the rules of the challenge I was doing, I would not have bothered.

My sim had level 10 vet skill. I don't know that the level 10 charisma she had helped. Mostly I did as @CyrusTheLoser advised. I had the rate at 85%, the first level of advertising, higher quality supplies, and about a total of 4 patients per day.
  • nesland91nesland91 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi I'm done it and here is the video of my experience about it:www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjyzQfuBBg hope you this is helpful for you
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have yet to actually get my rating up to 5 stars as whole (probably because I was getting so many 4 star reviews for so long since I didn't know how to achieve 5 star ratings), but I have been consistently getting each customer to give me 5 star ratings and it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I wanted to share because I know how frustrating it can be to experiment futilely!

I have two playable sims with max vet skills and full perks. I cheat to keep their needs fully met so I can keep the vet clinic open indefinitely but that is probably not necessary. The key is really in @Cupid's post - make sure you have a few decorations that boost environment by your check in and before you great the patiently warmly, let the the guests notice the decor. A small square with a picture frame inside will appear over the patient's rating star if you let them hang out in the area for a short while and when that disappears, that's when I click on the patient to greet them. That almost always boosts them from a 3 star to 4 star before you even start examining, and I've found that it doesn't matter how many tests you run or how long it takes to examine the pet, if you give the correct treatment at the end, you end up with a 5 star review. I have found that calling a pet a "good pet" never seems to have an effect on the rating and sometimes it even inexplicably lowers it so I leave that out. I allow one or two patients on my lot at a time since I have two vets and then I just repeat the process. Hope that helps lower some of the frustration!

EDIT: Literally just after I posted this, I got my clinic up to 5 stars, so it does work! :)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • dottie308dottie308 Posts: 7 New Member
    This is how I got a 5 Star Vet Clinic with no cheats!

First my sim worked on their Veterinarian skill till they reached level 10. My other sim leveled handiness till level 10.
    Next I saved up enough money to open a clinic with the most expensive equipment needed and was nicely decorated till it gave my sims and patients the "Beautifully Decorated Happy +3" moodlet.
    I upgraded my surgery station to "Upgrade to never break".
    Then I put the price mark up to 75%.
    I had a sim handle patients and one that cleaned up and made treats, gel, and banter with patients.

How to handle patients:
    When the patient's owner signs in wait till they get the "Wow! This is a great looking vet clinic" icon above their head.
    Next greet your patient warmly (it is an option when you click the owner or pet). Then you will see an icon over the owner's head that says " The vets here are great with pets!".
    Right after you will see an hour glass icon over their heads that means "The wait times here were short and sweet!".
    At this point the owner's star should change to a 4.
    You will also begin examining the patient. Any time soothe pet or clam pet option is available do it! (Just one though)
    Then examine the pet; look for obvious things like blue fur check skin/fur inspection or vomiting examine mouth. keep an eye on that stress level, keep it low at all times.
    Once you are ready to treat the animal do so correctly. Your sim will automatically administer treatment lower the patient and bill the owner. This is when you should see the owner's star change to a 5. Sometimes this is bugged and I have to save game, exit, and restart. Usually one restart is needed.

Very important! If the treatment option that you need (meaning the green thumbs up) does not appear at the examining table you must use the option "Move to surgery station". Make sure the pet has no stress before clicking this option. Also don't use soothe pet nor clam pet unless you need to, they gray out and can't be used again right away.
    Once at surgery station click on the correct surgery (look for the thumbs up).
    Again the pet will come out with a cone looking sad but healed up and the owner's star should change to a 5 after you bill him.

I did not use or buy any perks. I did not have any employees. Took me 53 patients about 15 sim days. I opened from 9-5. I kept it at the slowest speed. I had no advertisement. I also always allowed customers. If I had more than two I would Disallow new customers at the vet podium.

I tried many methods this one worked well for me.

Happy Simming!
  • BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    Simply put, go straight to surgery with each pet (instead of exam) guarantees a high rating each time.
  • TID41TID41 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hopefully this is an "allowed" necro, as it is on topic and relates directly to what has been posted. I am having the same issue as described here, so the issue is not outdated, and I have tried to follow the thread's advice to no avail.

I just got Sims 4 + Cats and Dogs, and I am struggling to get even one customer to give more than a four star rating, let alone achieve one for the clinic.

I have a level 10 vet, level 10 charisma, no employees, with environment value of up to 140 (really piled the kitsch on, multiple crafted end tables with fossils on them and six suits of armor looking like an army invading the clinic, but sims seem to love it). I set the price mark-up to the minimum level and the quality of treatment to the higher setting. I have the client patience and low pet stress perks for the office.

I open the clinic, then hit disallow new customers as soon as the first client appears. Following the guide noted here, I let the customer notice the decor. Once they have the "Wow, this is a great-looking vet clinic" thing above their head, I greet them warmly (I also tried it with comfort the pet first and then greet warmly). We head over to the exam room/table, pet gets on, and I soothe pet if it has any anxiety at all. By that time, the hourglass will have appeared over the customer's head, and the message will be about how the wait was short and sweet.

I perform the exam using the least tests possible, by observing what is visually wrong and checking that area, then checking based on the symptoms detected. It takes usually two checks to solve a five-symptom illness, so that should not be upsetting the client.

Vet sim gives a diagnosis, and if I didn't already use the soothe, I use it now, then apply the indicated remedy. Before the pet gets off the exam table, I queue the "Call a good pet" option, so it happens immediately after billing the client.

All this time I will have had a 3 rating, and it changes to 4 after billing. Calling the pet a good pet has no effect, and the customer leaves with a 4. The last message is always "my pet was pretty calm here," not ever "this was a great trip to the vet."

I've treated ~300 patients and seen a 5 rating from a client exactly once, and I've been watching carefully. I have no idea how the one happened, as I did the same thing as always. I've tried decorating both the waiting and exam rooms, and also merging them together into one room so that all of the environmental stuff applies to everyone. The vet sim is always in a good mood.

I tried disabling all of the mods and restarting the game, but it was the same.

When I end the shift (even if I do it just after one character where everything went nicely), it tells me that the room for growth is ambiance and treatment quality. I don't know how it would be possible to improve either one, given these circumstances! The clinic is clean and has massive environment value, and the vet sim is making the right diagnoses and curing the patients every time, with the highest quality medication. Even with the price set to +200%, value for the money is usually the bright spot.

Any ideas?
  • ffestivelizzieffestivelizzie Posts: 2 New Member
    Here's what I can recommend. I once got my Vet Clinic to 4.5 stars due to this. I am sure this will help, as it's helped me to nearly get to 5 stars.

1. Make your clinic on a small lot, that way it's easier to keep clean and tidy. I've noticed that, with bigger lots, it's a lot harder to keep clean, because of pet litter, and a dirty clinic will decrease the star rating of your customers, and your clinic.

2. Add at least 4 exam tables for your employees to help you examine animals. If you just have one exam table, and one vet, it'll be more harder to keep up with the bustle of patients that will come in as you increase in star ratings.

3. Before your patients arrive, and all of your employees are at your clinic, take extra time to give them training, check up on them, and/or give them an inspirational speech. I recommend trying to do all of these with your employees before customers come so that your employees can become Extremely Satisfied quicker. The more satisfied they are with their workplace, they harder they will work. So make sure they are satisfied!

4. An employee's satisfaction revolves around many things. Such as their energy. After some time working in the clinic, you will possibly very likely get a notification that one of your employees is starting to get tired. What I do in this situation, because I do not want to leave any customers waiting, is I click on the patient check-in, and I select Disallow New Customers. This will not allow new customers to come into the clinic until your next shift. I find this EXTREMELY helpful, because after your vets are done with their last patients, they can take a quick nap, until everyone is finished, and you close the clinic. It's important to make sure you're not overexerting your employees, otherwise their satisfaction will suffer!

5. If you're struggling with keeping your clinic clean, I recommend getting a bunch of pet vacuum cleaners, and upgrade each of them completely, and adjust their settings so that the vacuum cleaners are automatically cleaning every hour, so that you aren't having to take time away from treating patients just to turn on the vacuum cleaner.

I hope this helps you reach 5 stars! - Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top