Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Industrial Strength Relaxation Serum

No matter how many times I attempt to create the Industrial Strength Relaxation Serum it doesn't appear in the crafting table inventory nor my Sim's inventory. I've tried it with multiple sims. Anyone else have this problem or ideas on how to fix? I would prefer not to move any sim out and back in because it causes problems with the inventory making it impossible to pick up items.
I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    Once you have created the Serum, then you have the option to use it when you are examining the patienf. The serum will be made available/unlocked as an option to use when you click on the table. It may not be stored in the inventory, but rather the option is there to use it when treating the pet.
    Edit : What I wrote was wrong . The serum should be either on top of the table or put into the inventory by the sim
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    I will try it next time, but I treated the patient several times with the sim that made it and it wasn't an option (why I kept trying to make it). I will try again though.
    Hello
    I have been thinking again, and the serum should have been placed in your sims inventory or the crafting station inventory. Try seeing if it has been placed in the household inventory instead.
    It's not in inventory... and family inventory is having its own problems. Yesterday I did some work under ground and it took out things up top. Most of them ended up in the family inventory, some of it did not. Like my rocket with all the upgrades. So I spent a bunch of time making a new rocket and making all the upgrades. Today I open the family inventory when I went to look for the serum and lo and behold, two rockets are in there. So now I have three.

Also, any book I put down from the family inventory automatically disappears whether I place it on a surface or on the floor. Except one that I put on the bar, and it didn't disappear. No rhyme or reason. You can see a video clip of it below.

So who knows, the serum may or may not appear in some inventory at some point in the future. So far I've made a few with several sims and I haven't seen one either in an inventory of a sim, medical equipment/fridge, or during examinations.

Disappearing books:
    https://i.gyazo.com/388d7b67c5117662303632c990732cb4.mp4
    Sineea wrote: »
    It's not in inventory... and family inventory is having its own problems. Yesterday I did some work under ground and it took out things up top. Most of them ended up in the family inventory, some of it did not. Like my rocket with all the upgrades. So I spent a bunch of time making a new rocket and making all the upgrades. Today I open the family inventory when I went to look for the serum and lo and behold, two rockets are in there. So now I have three.

Also, any book I put down from the family inventory automatically disappears whether I place it on a surface or on the floor. Except one that I put on the bar, and it didn't disappear. No rhyme or reason. You can see a video clip of it below.

So who knows, the serum may or may not appear in some inventory at some point in the future. So far I've made a few with several sims and I haven't seen one either in an inventory of a sim, medical equipment/fridge, or during examinations.

Disappearing books:
    https://i.gyazo.com/388d7b67c5117662303632c990732cb4.mp4

Hello
    I posted this in another thread that you posted about issues that you are having but I will post it here also.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Didn't work. *sigh* So many problems. All it did was ask me to re-install the restaurant and the spa. All other problems remain. Book of Life doesn't work, for any sim. No meds I craft at the vet lab goes into any inventory, not the vet machines nor the sim who made them nor the family inventory. The treats, on the other hand, do show up, and I can use those, but the serum, belly rub simulation gel, or catnip-based calming agents do not. Regardless of what table I make them on (the cheaper or the more expensive). I'm honestly running into so many problems, and repairing the game, using no cc, and no mods does not help, that I am forced to either try to re-start all over, or just stop playing at all. Plus my sims keep getting knocked up and I try to keep the babies, though the more sims/bigger house the more problems. I am trying to move them out as fast as possible but the book of life not working or the vet meds, the things that make things run faster, make it all the harder to get that accomplished. I am honestly thinking of turning all the humans into vampires and feeding off service staff just to make up for the Book of Life not working. I wished that would get fixed last patch but it didn't and who knows if/when it will.

0175d73fa4ccf404ed0b73bf4352a6f7.jpg

The only option I have on the crafting table after starting one of the serums or gels or agents is to scrap or open and the inventory is empty. I think it simply gets "stuck" in the crafting process. The sims attempting to make them have their vet skills maxed.
    edited November 2017
  • TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    Hey, this is a bug actually. The scrap you see is actually the serum sitting on top of the crafting table, waiting for you to pick it up and put it into your inventory. You have to actually click on the serum and click move to inventory, or drag it in. You can also store it in the table.
    0sCPiZh.png
    Yes, it was there, thank you. Sorry for the rant. The other problems are still there but I'm dealing. Come on though, the serum is completely transparent, it does't look like there is anything in the vial. It's tiny on the machine and I doubt I ever would have seen it unless you directed me to it. Maybe it should sparkle or something like some of the other remedies so it can be more obvious, or give off some sort of steam or something. Thanks for the help!
  • TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    Man, no worries about the rant, I get you completely. When it first happened to me I was so confused. I have a mod that catches errors, so I noticed as I finished the serum, it promptly logged an error and my sim dropped her entire queue. There's something about the serum (as there is many other pet things) that causes an error, so it's not automatically picked up. I tried continuing it a few times, thinking it was unfinished, and scrapped it many a times after I got frustrated. Then had the same error happen on making a belly-rub stimulate, but noticed the finished product was right there. So I figured "oops, maybe the serum was completed and just... there?" Turned out, indeed it was.

If I ever decide to play a vet again I'll try to catch the error the log spits out and submit it as a proper bug report.
    0sCPiZh.png
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I am sorry to resurrect this post but I have just started having this same problem in the game that I previously didn't. Before when I made the serum it would go automatically into the medicine crafting machine, but now it is sitting on the top of the machine, this is obviously a glitch as my Sim often "jumps" when it is finished, by that I mean a small slight quick movement when finishing the serum. This is also happening for other items that are made on the machine. The options on the machine do not make sense either to scrap or when taking the finished item that is left on top of the machine to "resume" which you can't or "put away" or "put into Inventory". Of course that works but the process is not working as it should.

I am not sure what has caused this, whether it was my Sim opening a Vet Clinic and getting an employee to make those items, (the employee did not have a problem making it), my Sim previously going on a vacation before buying a Vet Clinic, or the fact I saved over a previous game I didn't want or some other update to the game. It could be many things. I don't have Seasons EP yet and I am missing a couple of Stuff packs but I have everything else.

Seems very odd that is has just started to happen in my game when previously it was OK but I haven't tried crafting for a little while in my game, not since my Sim bought a Vet Clinic "Country Clinic" in the game library lots and placed the one of the Worlds. I looked in the Sims 4 file and saw it had created "exceptions" so something is up! Surely this needs to be fixed!

I am sorry to resurrect this post but I have just started having this same problem in the game that I previously didn't. Before when I made the serum it would go automatically into the medicine crafting machine, but now it is sitting on the top of the machine, this is obviously a glitch as my Sim often "jumps" when it is finished, by that I mean a small slight quick movement when finishing the serum. This is also happening for other items that are made on the machine. The options on the machine do not make sense either to scrap or when taking the finished item that is left on top of the machine to "resume" which you can't or "put away" or "put into Inventory". Of course that works but the process is not working as it should.

I am not sure what has caused this, whether it was my Sim opening a Vet Clinic and getting an employee to make those items, (the employee did not have a problem making it), my Sim previously going on a vacation before buying a Vet Clinic, or the fact I saved over a previous game I didn't want or some other update to the game. It could be many things. I don't have Seasons EP yet and I am missing a couple of Stuff packs but I have everything else.

Seems very odd that is has just started to happen in my game when previously it was OK but I haven't tried crafting for a little while in my game, not since my Sim bought a Vet Clinic "Country Clinic" in the game library lots and placed the one of the Worlds. I looked in the Sims 4 file and saw it had created "exceptions" so something is up! Surely this needs to be fixed!

Hello @PrincessrozeeS
    Does your sim have the marketable reward trait? This has been causing issues with the crafting machine. Some simmers have found that removing that trait has helped with the issues.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Can-t-craft-medicine/m-p/6418050#M50815
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    [/quote]Hello @PrincessrozeeS
    Does your sim have the marketable reward trait? This has been causing issues with the crafting machine. Some simmers have found that removing that trait has helped with the issues.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Can-t-craft-medicine/m-p/6418050#M50815[/quote]

Yes she does, and thank you for your reply, although I still think it needs to be looked at and addressed so it's not an issue anymore. Not keen to waste traits. Thanks for the link. I did read a post on the EA site after posting here. I hope that they read problems on here too and not just on the EA site for sorting out problems that are reported!