Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can somebody tell me why my Butler makes all this food and my sims put the plates on the floor?

I've got my sims a dog..."Eddie" from the show Frasier, and I can't bathe this nasty thing for one problem(I cheated and clicked Make Happy) and he no longer stinks. I took him to the Vet and he said that Eddie is not sick. THEN..my sim went to the kitchen and all this food...plates on plates of food are all in the floor! I downloaded a house with no CC..I have a dining table from the game and they will sit at the table...you can even put the plates on the table, but they just get up! I do have CC clothes and I wondered if that's the problem. I changed my female to EA only clothes and the problem still exists. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I could feed the homeless about now!!!!

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited November 2017
    This also happened to me when I first got Cats and Dogs - I went through over 6,000 pieces of CC the culprit. So, you say that you have custom clothing. But for me, it was something else - Do you pose your sims with pose player? or have custom traits/ trait poses in your game? My Sims were doing this because of the Teleporter Mod - because I forgot allme having that in my game because it no longer worked and I kept forgetting to take it out, lol.

So just right click on your desktop and make a folder called "Corrupted CC" and then take the mods folder - open that and then put all your CC over to that new folder desktop folder (Corrupted CC ) . Then put your Mods folder back into your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Folder and then put some CC from the "Corrupted" Folder into the Mods folder.

Then follow these steps. :)

Move 10-20 files into the Mods Folder
    Start Game
    Click on a Sim to Eat
    Wait for animation to either Reset and put plate on the floor (If Sim puts plate on Floor - do not save)
    Exit Game

Go to your mods folder and look through those 10-20 files and see if you can narrow your results down to the culprit. You may have to take out 5-10 files and try those first and see which one it is. But maybe it's noticeable if it's a "mod" as in like Teleporter, or MC Command, etc.

If it's clothing, or an object, then that will be moreto narrow down and you'll have to do probably 1-5 files at a time to find out which one out of those 20 is messed up.

Rinse and Repeat.

If your Sim Eats the food - those files are safe - and you can go into your Corrected Folder and add 10-20 more files to your Mods folder.

Hope this helps! Best of Luck! ♥
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    You are right....I do still have the old pose player and transporter. I haven't updated and I have some CAS poses and in game when my couple hugs, it automatically just freezes the hug. I'm going to take these out and try again...Thank you.