Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Aspiration Combo

This is so you can tell me (and each other) your favorite aspiration combo with Free Time.

Some of mine are:
- family/knowledge : this makes for, in my experience, very dedicated parents, and excessively happy plantsims, which are my favorite supernatural.
- fortune/popularity: these sims are great for running businesses.
- pleasure/romance: this frees me from the pleasure sim dozens of tiny wants that involve having to go downtown and buy random things by inserting some big-ticket romance wants. It also makes the 50 first dates and 50 dream dates "challenge" aspirations much more doable.

Least favorite (and this is going to be controversial, lol) has got to be grilled cheese/anything or anything/grilled cheese. There is zero point in assigning a secondary aspiration to a grilled cheese sim, because the grilled cheese wants are too strong. If you assign GC as a secondary aspiration, it's not as bad, but since there are a grand total of less than 10 grilled cheese wants, it's still far too repetitive! The only reprieve is when you get them high enough in cullinary enthusiasm that they finally want to do other cooking-related tasks.
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My favorite is Family/Knowledge. Like you said it makes some great parents, I am all about the generational play! :D Sometimes I will mix it up and throw another aspiration in with either family or Knowledge, you can get some odd combinations going. I usually play around starting the second generation, my starting sims always focus on family or knowledge.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I'm all about family and generational play. So Family is always a first or second for me. I've TRIED to vary it and choose different ones for my founding families. But knowledge seems to be a favorite. Right now, as my second generation kids are turning to teens they ALL get knowledge as their first trait. They are getting ready for college and that makes sense. Fortune seems good for my working parent. I never thought of that for the stay-at-home parents who are running home businesses. Obviously I'm still figuring this all out (again). Thanks for the tip!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Always been a huge fan of "fortune/family" combo, cause, when you're rich, you need a heir, right? ^^
  • BlushBlush Posts: 11 New Member
    family/knowledge is my favorite, i have a weird obsession with generations in a family.