The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friends of Foes: A simLit - Is Back! (Latest Update: 11/04/23)

Comments

• BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Ok this chapter makes me so happy. Not only is Talula showing off her insane skillz and her general hotness, Alex looks as creepy as ever. That creepy face has grown on me. As for Lauren... well. I have no idea how she possibly thought she'd be able to keep the kids in check. Better luck next time I suppose xD
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Thanks @chalicen :D You did come to mind when writing this chapter. XD Yep, I do love Alex's expressions too. I usually let him do his own thing in the screenshots. He always knows what to do, particularly when you stick Henry in front of him, then he can't help it :D . As for Lauren, she definitely has the wrong idea about things! :D
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Glad I found the actual thread. I'm slightly less confused about the script part for the interview now. To be honest a bunch of the plot goes over my head cause I can't keep things straight. I'm so innocent and they're all so evil! And I want to cuddle them all! The story is fantastic! Vampire leader lady/man Paris makes the cutest excited faces! And I'm cheering for a Henry and the king!
    edited January 2018
    Aww thanks @Shadami ! I'm kind of speechless actually. *Runs and hides* XD
    The script part was a bit different - it's a nod to a hobby of Paris's, which will be mentioned in some chapters down the line.

Yeah, the plot's quite complex, because the main plot is inspired by the story of Hephaestion, Alexander the Great's best friend. (Complex is ancient history's middle name) :D Of course, it's only loosely based on it because I make quite a few changes to best suit the modern period it's set in. The other major plot line is inspired by Romeo and Juliet, hence I put Henry and Alex on opposite sides. (Oh dear, I may have given the game away, although, remember, R&J aren't the only plot lines and Halex (if they ever will be) aren't the only 'star crossed' lovers, ) :D

Aww Henry supports this ship too. Now, we just have to wait for Alex.... If he ever boards...

Oh yay, I support Paris lovers! <3<3 Thanks so much for reading. :)
    you're welcome. i enjoyed it. ^^ I don't recall the story of Hephaestion. So i'm gonna be surprised every chapter i'm sure.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I think Halex will be fine as long as Alex doesn't kill Henry's cousin..... ( :lol: )
    edited January 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    you're welcome. i enjoyed it. ^^ I don't recall the story of Hephaestion. So i'm gonna be surprised every chapter i'm sure.
    @Shadami It's only loosely based on it, so there are some plot differences anyway, but thanks. I'm going to pretend I'm not blushing.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I think Halex will be fine as long as Alex doesn't kill Henry's cousin..... ( :lol: )
    You sure Henry would mind too much if he did? :p
    @Shadami It's only loosely based on it, so there are a lot of plot differences anyway.

I was talking about his family minding. Henry's family would kill Alex. (I was totally making a reference to shakespeare)
    @Shadami It's only loosely based on it, so there are a lot of plot differences anyway.

I was talking about his family minding. Henry's family would kill Alex. (I was totally making a reference to shakespeare)

Look it's too early in the morning for references. :D R&J? But yeah, they would certainly try... maybe... I mean, have you seen the new generation aka Lauren's unfortunate gang of misfits? :D

Look it's too early in the morning for references. :D R&J? But yeah, they would certainly try... maybe... I mean, have you seen the new generation aka Lauren's unfortunate gang of misfits? :D

Can you just appreciate that I had to decide which one of them would be Romeo and which would be Juliet. I decided Henry would 'cause he has cousins. :lol:
    edited January 2018

Can you just appreciate that I had to decide which one of them would be Romeo and which would be Juliet. I decided Henry would 'cause he has cousins. :lol:

To be fair, Alex has a cousin too who behaves a bit like Tybalt, but yes I think Henry makes a better Juliet. I can imagine Henry lying on his bed saying those Juliet soliloquies and annoying nursy, who should be Lauren... actually more accurately I think nursy would be one of his dads :D

To be fair, Alex has a cousin too who behaves a bit like Tybalt, but yes I think Henry makes a better Juliet. I can imagine Henry lying on his bed saying those Juliet soliloquies and annoying nursy, who should be Lauren... actually more accurately I think nursy would be one of his dads :D

Nah, nursy can be Alex's dog!! :lol: I'm joking!!

:D Lol! I'm sure Loki would love the upgrade. Forced close-proximity with Alex. :D

:D Lol! I'm sure Loki would love the upgrade. Forced close-proximity with Alex. :D

Don't you mean Henry. Alex is his owner right??

Don't you mean Henry. Alex is his owner right??

Oh yes, Alex is the owner. Of course, you were meaning Henry's nurse. *Face palm* XD Right... actually, I think Loki would really appreciate that, because it would mean longer hours away from Alex. :smiley:
    oh man if R&J and.. generally all shakespeare didn't drag on my nerves for the actual reading of them i would know who all these people are you're refrencing. The only thing i remember is
    "i bite my thumb at you" and my friends and i would walk around the school biting our thumbs at all the bullies because they were to dumb to know what we were doing.
    oh man if R&J and.. generally all shakespeare didn't drag on my nerves for the actual reading of them i would know who all these people are you're refrencing. The only thing i remember is
    "i bite my thumb at you" and my friends and i would walk around the school biting our thumbs at all the bullies because they were to dumb to know what we were doing.

Yeah, I can't remember that much unless I have my translated version of the text in front of me (Yes, I have a translated copy printed from online resources!!) I remember Jekyll and Hyde more than R & J. :lol:
    Ahh Don't worry guys! You don't need to know the references to get the story. :D
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I've seen Romeo and Juliet a few times at my local park. (They have an outdoor theatre where theatre troupes come to perform at in the summer.) I can't say I remember it too well, however, because I was pretty young the last time I saw it. I've never heard about the story of Hephaestion, so I'll definitely be surprised by what turns the plot takes! :)
    Aww thanks @IchigoUsagi . I advise don't look up the story of Hephaestion... won't say why, but don't if you don't want to be tortured by my references. >:)
    I'm going to just not look it up. xD that sounds like a bad idea :3
    I'm going to just not look it up. xD that sounds like a bad idea :3
    Yep very bad idea. :D Although, it does mean you'll miss out on a handsome bust (he was incredibly handsome and very tall and just... gorgeous - I'm not kidding). I say it's a catch-22. :D
    @simscognito How about we just search for "Hephaestion's bust" or something like that?
    edited January 2018
    Yes that works. I will warn you that he's missing part of his nose and try to see past his hairstyle. XD
    Alexander's a handsome bust too. My favs the one where you get to see both busts together. <3
    His hair is so... round :D ! Other than that, and the missing nose and chin, I'd say he was a pretty handsome fellow.