Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    snowdove58 wrote: »
    Found this the other day and I'm in. Waiting on it to depreciate. Too bad that don't work in build mode. I'm having too much fun building to let my guy have a life :D

Yaaay! Heeeey @snowdove58 :mrgreen:
    Graphics setting question for anyone who knows: After switching to the new computer, I found the piers (under the foundation tool) don't show as round columns under the tile anymore, but flat 'sticks' on the outer sides of the tile, regardless of what style I use (wood, concrete, etc).

Anyone know which graphics setting corrects this?

I didn't see this until now @creativemetaphor - have you sorted it? Unfortunately, I'm not sure - maybe turn everything up?! :lol:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai :lol: yep, that's what I ended up doing. Did get it resolved, still not sure which setting it was but ah well. :mrgreen:

Got sim and lot exported and custard checked! Got screenshots sorted. Still working on putting them together with text and getting entries done, but so close!
    @aricarai :lol: yep, that's what I ended up doing. Did get it resolved, still not sure which setting it was but ah well. :mrgreen:

Got sim and lot exported and custard checked! Got screenshots sorted. Still working on putting them together with text and getting entries done, but so close!

How is your new beast running @creativemetaphor? Are you in love? :mrgreen:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited December 2017
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @cwaddell, such a beautiful setting and love the exterior colors you used!...
    Thank you. I looked around Hidden Springs and found this 30X40 lot on the outskirts of town. I really like it and will probably user it in other builds. Very scenic.
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @cwaddell , yours looks great so far, can't wait to see it all done.
    Thanks. I've been very busy recently so will be able to get back to this build now.
    Hidehi wrote: »
    NX8aloE.jpg?1

VBT4bmW.jpg?1
    Love this location too. Great looking cabin.
    Odonata68 wrote: »

I made a sim to test my cabin, and as it turns out, I really like him. I wasn't going to enter a sim but I think I changed my mind. ;)
    Kristopher Echols
    screenshot_original.jpg

And the third version of my cabin build:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Handsome sim and fantastic night shot of your cabin.

There are so many great lots in this contest. I plan to download and use them all in some town. Keep them coming :)

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    I may have to do my submission soon, before I talk myself into a third completely different build. :p A peek at what I have (the 2nd try):

38864556281_aaa3b7b9aa_c.jpgScreenshot-52 by Sue H, on Flickr

Love it. :)
    edited December 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    How is your new beast running @creativemetaphor? Are you in love? :mrgreen:

LOL well, I can use CAS so that's a nice upgrade!! I haven't crashed once and that's almost miraculous! It does like to go slower... I'll have moments of hiccups where it just sort of stops, but I will put up with slow bits because OMG IT STARTS SO FAST!! And it switches between build/buy and live so fast!! It's definitely a net big plus!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Thank you @cwaddell :)
    edited December 2017
    Name/Link to Your Page:creativemetaphor
    Sim's Name: Lina Svensdottir
    Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9166468
    Sim's Traits: Bookworm, Eco-friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Loner, Family-Oriented
    Biography/Backstory: Sim Description: "This eco-friendly bookworm has always dreamed of being an author, and with a couple of books to her name she's started that journey! She loves the outdoors with nature in all its forms - plants, animals, even the rocks - and adores her family more than anything. Find her curled up with a good book in a quiet corner alone, or playing with her raven, Muninn. "
    All additional backstory found in picture thread.
    Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):
    9-muninn-1.jpg
    13-lina-and-lief-6.jpg
    11-outdoors-71.jpg
    Young Lina
    young-lina-3.jpg
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link:Lina's Saga
    Additional Information:
    Favorites:
    Indie music, Mac and Cheese, Green
    Sign:
    Cancer
    Lifetime Wish:
    Professional Author
    Skills:
    Cooking
    Handiness
    Writing
    Inventory:
    Backpack
    Muninn (raven)
    Some of her written books
    Various collected items

Custard checked:
    custardchecks.png

Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    edited December 2017
    Name/Link to Your Page:creativemetaphor
    Lot name: Bjorn To Be Wild
    Link to Your Lot:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9166469
    Final Price: 32,445
    Description: This cozy, rustic cabin can be your very own retreat from the world, perfect for the eco-friendly bookworm with recycle bins, reading loft, and even a solar grid! Open living, with two bedrooms (sleeps up to 5), one bath, a reading/games loft, wrap-around porch, and outdoor activities. Fireproof fireplace and stove, other items unbreakable.
    Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):
    A "before" shot of the cabin being built
    11-house-building-1.jpg
    The cabin in winter
    2-exterior-winter1.jpg
    Overhead shots
    3-overhead-1.jpg
    3-overhead-2.jpg
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link:To Build A Cabin

List of WANTS that you included in the home:
    Space to entertain a small group of close friends
    - seating for 3 at table, seating for 4 in living, room for 3 guess in second bedrm, room to dance on back porch, plenty of outdoor space for fun activities
    Open plan kitchen/living area
    Hardwood floors throughout the main areas
    Small plants included as part of the decor
    Reading loft
    At least 2 items that fit their personality (hints under The Client)
    - bicycle, recycle bins, clothes line, 'solar panels' (eco-friendly); two bookshelves, lots of book decor on shelves, comfy chairs to read in, fireplace to curl up next to (bookworm); plantable pot, bird tree, outdoor seating, situated far from anything else (nature-lover); space for only 3 guests comfortably (loner); room for future spouse/kids, toys from childhood (family-oriented)

Custard checked:
    custardchecks.png
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @creativemetaphor Bjorn To Be Wild :D OMG I love the name!

What a gorgeous cabin! Do you think Lina would mind if I moved right in to that spare bedroom? B)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great Name on the cabin and a great cabin too! I love the bird.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Ditto to the above @creativemetaphor ... great name and cabin. I love the winter pic :smiley:
    @Kesminlix @ciane @soocoolsim thank you all! Am rather proud of that name :lol:

kesminlix, Lina might mind, being a loner n all but I won't tell if you want to just not move her in ;)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @creativemetaphor, Love the name of your cabin! <3 Great use of the beams and well done on the skylight! :)

Your sim story is so in-depth and Lina and her outfits fit right in with AS!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@creativemetaphor absolutely awesome entry!!! Love everything about your background story, your sim and your fab cabin! :D
    edited December 2017
    Well isn't this lovely to wake up to you - more entries!
    Looks great @creativemetaphor and that name is awesome! Soooo do tell; how'd you make the skylight?
    And....how come your custard shows thumbnails as not corrupt? What's your secret? Haha!

Looks great @creativemetaphor and that name is awesome! Soooo do tell; how'd you make the skylight?
    Very careful placement of a gap in the roof ;)
    And....how come your custard shows thumbnails as not corrupt? What's your secret? Haha!
    I didn't alter the default images.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Hmmm... did you try saving your custom thumbnails in .jpg format Ari?
    I usually do this and they don't show up as corrupt in Custard. Oddly however they show up as .png extensions.
    Not sure if they are perhaps auto converted. Anyway worth a shot for you maybe...
    HoOIlyQ.jpg
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Hmmm... did you try saving your custom thumbnails in .jpg format Ari?
    I usually do this and they don't show up as corrupt in Custard. Oddly however they show up as .png extensions.
    Not sure if they are perhaps auto converted. Anyway worth a shot for you maybe...
    HoOIlyQ.jpg

They're not mine - I'm checking everyone else's and they're showing up as corrupt - just the png. The lot seems to fine. I've checked the version that I have and it's the same as @creativemetaphor and yours. :confused:

But the window looks like it's on an angle...what is this tomfoolery?

:lol: isn't a window! It is a very carefully placed gap in the roof. You'll get it when you play the build ;)

:lol: isn't a window! It is a very carefully placed gap in the roof. You'll get it when you play the build ;)

Witchcraft :astonished:

Witchcraft :astonished:

We'll go with that :mrgreen: