Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kgaff Yay, glad to see you got it finished, and I knew I would like it. The cabin has pretty landscaping, and I like how the light wood fence around the perimeter stands out against the rest. Blues and greens are always my personal favorites, so of course, I appreciated your interiors, too. The color choices and the many windows give it a light and airy feel.

I like smart sims (you have to be smart if you're a scientist, even if no one has labeled you a genius ;) ) and am interested in having Jill in my game. I see she and her friends have a thing about fires. hehe

Off to rec and download. I'm looking forward to adding your cabin to my new cabin world (I may be obsessed with it).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Docusat wrote: »
    Dang this was still open for entries. Ah well not to worry, I've still rec'd everyone and you all whupped my potential rntry

@Docusat Was and is. You still have about 8 days if you want to join in. :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Nice Job @Kgaff and @Odonata68 ... Great cabins and a handsome Sim ... <3

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Thank you @creativemetaphor , @romagi1 , @suzses and @BlackSand I had a tough time with this but finally got there in the end.

I had more fires than what I showed you :# The oven burned down once, then there was another fireplace mishap plus the guy at the bonfire. I finally saved up enough reward points to get the Fireproof Homestead.

I hope to get a few minutes to go through all the entries, I've peeked at them in the exchange but haven't had a chance to go through all the pictures and the sims. I will be rec'ing and downloading all of them for my own little world.
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I just found this thread it the sims 3 finally works on my laptop so I'm going to try it out! It looks like a lot of fun! :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    I just found this thread it the sims 3 finally works on my laptop so I'm going to try it out! It looks like a lot of fun! :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with <3
    All updated on the front page, folks! And the recent entries have been rec'd and custard checked! <3

FIVE MORE DAYS! :mrgreen:
    @aricarai Nevermind! I messed it up when I tried to install expansions. So now I'm unable to open the game at all. Good luck to everyone! :)
    @aricarai Nevermind! I messed it up when I tried to install expansions. So now I'm unable to open the game at all. Good luck to everyone! :)

Oh no, what happened @equuest? I bet someone in the thread here could help you out.
    @aricarai Well I downloaded the base game and it was just fine yesterday. And then after I downloaded pets an unknown error pops up anytime I try to open the game.

Unfortunately I'm playing on a mid-2013 MacBook Air so that could be the issue too.
    @aricarai Well I downloaded the base game and it was just fine yesterday. And then after I downloaded pets an unknown error pops up anytime I try to open the game.

Unfortunately I'm playing on a mid-2013 MacBook Air so that could be the issue too.

Ooh I'm not sure about Macs - check out the Sims 3 mac section on the forums. I bet they will know what the problem is. In the meantime, does anyone in here play on Macs or know anything about them?

@romagi1 @creativemetaphor @Sandraelle @Odonata68 @Kgaff @suzses?
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Alas, I know nothing about macs. Is it possible to uninstall Pets?
    @creativemetaphor I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the base game. It's still showing an error.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @creativemetaphor I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the base game. It's still showing an error.

That's so strange m'dear @equuest. Perhaps the Mac Discussions section could be better help?
    @equuest @aricarai Unfortunately, I'm clueless about Macs as well. Thinking, though, there may be files left on your computer from the previous install that are causing problems with the reinstall. I know where they would be found on my PC but won't even venture a guess for a Mac.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited February 2018
    @equuest @aricarai There is a utility program called Ccleaner (it stands for c.rap. cleaner) that I use regularly on my Pc.

With it you can uninstall programs and it usually catches all the files and removes them. There is a version for mac also.

How and if it will work on your Mac, I'm not sure because of the age of it.

You might check it out and see if you can get a version of it that is compatible with your OS. Try FileHippo.com , they usually have all the versions.
    Thank you @Kgaff @suzses @creativemetaphor for chiming in. I'm useless with PCs and even worse with Macs. Hopefully @equuest finds a solution or answer!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Lordy I don't know how you all managed so get so much within budget. I'm doubly impressed with the entries already up.

I finally restarted working on my cabin last night and it depreciated so slowly I just ended up pulling stuff out. Just need to finish off the pics (my least fav part) then hopefully wrap up this evening.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Ooh I'm not sure about Macs - check out the Sims 3 mac section on the forums. I bet they will know what the problem is. In the meantime, does anyone in here play on Macs or know anything about them?

@romagi1 @creativemetaphor @Sandraelle @Odonata68 @Kgaff @suzses?

@equuest , so sorry I don't know Macs either. Hope you can resolve your issue though. It's so frustrating when we can't get our game to work. :/
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Lordy I don't know how you all managed so get so much within budget. I'm doubly impressed with the entries already up.

I finally restarted working on my cabin last night and it depreciated so slowly I just ended up pulling stuff out. Just need to finish off the pics (my least fav part) then hopefully wrap up this evening.

Can't wait to see your entry Paula! Yep it sure is a challenge building on a budget.....just walls, doors and windows can run up the cost quite quickly. The pics are my least fav part too. :#
    soocoolsim wrote: »

Looking forward to what you came up with! I wonder why it was so slow to depreciate - how long did you have it running @soocoolsim?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Just a reminder... put in the art last! Harvest all fruit and veggies before getting your final tally. See where you can delete a few walls, such as one diagonal wall replacing two walls. Free floors are free! :smiley: Free brick is free too. :wink:
  • mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    I haven't been on the forums long, so as of now I am not able to post anything except comments, but this sounds like fun and I would love to do it. I may just do it anyway, even though I am unable to enter the contest at this time. Good luck to all.
    mamabear1 wrote: »
    I haven't been on the forums long, so as of now I am not able to post anything except comments, but this sounds like fun and I would love to do it. I may just do it anyway, even though I am unable to enter the contest at this time. Good luck to all.

You're more than welcome to join @mamabear1 - you may not be able to post pictures, but you can always put up the link to where you host your pictures, plus upload to the exchange! There's a few days left if you change your mind :mrgreen: