Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cursed Day

So I loaded up my darling sim Ammon last night. His dog, Queenie, was in heat so I decided to take her to Brindleton Bay to get spayed. Well, some bug or glitch happened and he sat around the vet for HOURS waiting for a doctor. Eventually I got sick of waiting but was unable to make him go home. After a while I decided to do 'resetsim' on Queenie because Ammon had to go to work. It sort of worked, he loaded instantly home (the spay surgery undone).

The absolute second he loaded onto his home lot, the house caught on fire! He chose that second to go to work and in my panic of watching the house burn, I forgot I could force him home. Instead I just sat there while time was going by on ultra speed, watching his whole freaking house go up in flames. I was quite disheartened because he's a photographer with dozens of pictures all over his walls and they were slowly (or rather quickly actually) turning into piles of ash. There go all the pictures of his daughter, of his dog... oh no.

Ammon is in the chef career and he's only a line cook so he works late into the night. He appeared home very late with the house still on fire. His daughter was returned from daycare starving and exhausted (she's a toddler) but I didn't even notice because I was having him run around putting out the fire.

Well it was HUGE fire, so he took a long time to put it out. About then I see the pop up that his daughter is being taken away for neglect!

At that point I decided to cut my losses and quit to the main menu without saving. Talk about a waste of two hours but it was a rather hilarious streak of bad luck for poor Ammon.

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Well, that is one insane day. Good thing you had a relatively recent save to fall back on! :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If you hadn't quit without saving, it would've made for an interesting backstory though. You could say the daughter died in the fire and you could make a story about him coping.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    If you hadn't quit without saving, it would've made for an interesting backstory though. You could say the daughter died in the fire and you could make a story about him coping.

Tempting, but since he's raising his daughter alone already he's kind of already coping. I think he'd just turn catatonic with nothing to live for if it weren't for her.
  • frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    At that point I decided to cut my losses and quit to the main menu without saving. Talk about a waste of two hours but it was a rather hilarious streak of bad luck for poor Ammon.

I know everyone plays different ways but I hate seeing this. Oh no my house burnt down and I lost my kid, well time to start over.....nope time to move on.

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Lol I had to laugh at you just helplessly watching the house burn...

Been there!

Hope it all worked out? Just don’t save lol.

—T
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Wow! That was certainly a bad day for your sim. Next time I have a bad day at the office, I will count myself lucky :D

The last time I had a day like that for my sims was in ts3 when I played the Ingalls family. They had a meteor strike and one fell on Laura Ingall's head and crushed her to death. The whole family mourned around her grave and then finally went in to eat and the cooker caught on fire. Luckily nobody was hurt from that... they retired to bed, feeling tragically sad, and then in the middle of the night Ma Ingalls got a 'calling' to go outside in the yard. She then got abducted by aliens.

I sat with my mouth dropped open a lot of the time that day :D
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Flippin' heck that is a bad day!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    These are the types of random things I wish I would see more of in my game. It's difficult to deal with at the time, but there's always a way to start over. I keep copies of my Sims in My Library. Perhaps, I start over way too often seeking perfection (sadly), which will never happen no matter how I play things out. But, I was all set back in Sims3 to break that cycle when my level 6 singer died in a tragic fireplace-ignited house fire. He lived with his older brother, their younger sister and her husband in a castle the husband inherited. Fire places in each bedroom for heat. They all tried to save Erik, but it just wasn't meant to be. He died.

My oldest granddaughter was watching me play, over my shoulder, so I told her I was tempted to restart Erik. She said "No." I was all set to just carry on and see if the newspaper had any kind of write up about the "tragic end of a young star with talent who met fate thru uncontrolled house fire". When my game decided it for me. It promptly crashed.

My condolences. I've yet to be okay when the SS, I mean Social Workers abduct that is to say rescue a child from what they deem bad circumstances. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hahahah im sorry, but i started laughing when you realised you could send him back from work and had been staring at the gigantic fire the whole time :D

This is a h.e.ll of a story (really, no pun intended). I think I would save it, cause its kind of a good story and something to go with along the way. I would love to get a big fire one day, but i leave everything by chance. If you would have played generations, i can understand why you would not want to save, cause you lost your only child probably. But I still think this is a way of playing too. Thanks for sharing, i had a good laugh xD
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Wow! That was certainly a bad day for your sim. Next time I have a bad day at the office, I will count myself lucky :D

The last time I had a day like that for my sims was in ts3 when I played the Ingalls family. They had a meteor strike and one fell on Laura Ingall's head and crushed her to death. The whole family mourned around her grave and then finally went in to eat and the cooker caught on fire. Luckily nobody was hurt from that... they retired to bed, feeling tragically sad, and then in the middle of the night Ma Ingalls got a 'calling' to go outside in the yard. She then got abducted by aliens.

I sat with my mouth dropped open a lot of the time that day :D

Now that's one episode of Little House on the Prairie I'd buy a DVD box set to see! XD
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited November 2017
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Tempting, but since he's raising his daughter alone already he's kind of already coping. I think he'd just turn catatonic with nothing to live for if it weren't for her.

Oh. Well that's sad.
    frogkiss1 wrote: »

I know everyone plays different ways but I hate seeing this. Oh no my house burnt down and I lost my kid, well time to start over.....nope time to move on.

Agreed.