Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mourning bug is still around...

FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
I've had two cats die in my game so far. The first was at the vet's office (my sim is a vet). He was examining it, and it died. Grim came, everyone was sad including my sim. Great. But then a few days later, his own cat died and nada. I would have expected him to be struck by grief. I made him go to the tombstone and mourn to get a sad moodlet, but it wasn't strong and it only lasted a few hours.

That said, the few days leading up to the cat's death were really spot on. Maybe too spot on. First, Bartholomew (the cat) got sick a couple of times two days in a row. Vet cured him at home. Then the following day, my sim took the dog for a drag (couch potato dog) around the block. When he got back, there was cat vomit all over the place. At least 10 puddles. Then the next day he died. And what should have been a bittersweet game moment was ruined when my sim not only didn't react, but started chatting with grim :/

Comments

• loulouhloulouh Posts: 196 Member
    I had a very similar experience. My sims had a dog, a little King Charles Spaniel. She’d just aged up to an adult a few days before...

Everything was fine until I started to notice her thumbnail was red and stayed that way. There was no option for me to ask ‘What’s wrong?’ so, thinking she was ill, I took her to the vet for a checkup... she was fine.

I bought some wellness treats, made sure to pamper her and play with her and give her lots of attention. Everyone went to bed and that night, I get a pop-up message informing me the dog had died. Sure enough when I went to look... the pet bed she’d been sleeping in was empty and an urn of ashes was right next to it.

None of my sims even flinched. They didn’t even notice she’d gone.

Not only do I not understand why the dog died, but the lack of reaction from my sims was very disappointing too.

It’s one of the bugs I hate most about this game :|
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    That is awful!! I don't understand why this game can't get death right and appropriate sadness for the ones left behind. The sims react so strongly when there is a fire. Why can't they recreate that rapid reaction for a death on the lot?