Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Can't Believe This

This is long, but I promise it's worth the read.

My favorite EA sim is Bab's L'Amour, and I have played her a handful of times, and she always marries Ollie Purdue. I set out to do that this time around, but this time they would have pets. So I started them as roommates, and planned on having them date after awhile and get married, you know, the works. What REALLY happened though was Bab's became friends with Zoe Patel, and she and Ollie hooked up one time, well that one time led to her getting pregnant, so I had them start dating and was going to have Bab's play the field for awhile, while I tried to figure out how to get rid of Zoe. In the meantime Bab's is dating 6 other sims because of her aspiration. While on a date with one of these guys she meets a girl named Makenna, who was their waitress, they hungout a few times and really got along. One thing led to another and they were dating, another notch on Bab's bedpost. Bab's got asked on a date by one of her guys one night, they went to a restaurant where he gave Bab's a kiss, and then it happened. I see Makenna appear on the screen, and it suddenly dawns on me that we are at the same restaurant Makenna works at! She is IRATE when she gets to work and sees this, because I forgot to mention that she is not only unflirty, but jealous. She goes off on Bab's and storms into work. Bab's followed her and tried to sweet talk her, because Bab's actually really cared about her. She invited her over after work so they could talk, after they talked Bab's decided to commit to her and told her to move in so she could be sure that what happened would never happen again. Things went back to normal, their cats had kittens, and things were great. Makenna rolled the whim to get married to Bab's, and the next day Bab's rolled the whim to marry Makenna, which she's never rolled the whim to marry anyone out of the 6 others she was dating. So I am thinking perfect let's get them to a fancy restaurant in the city with a great view, and Bab's can propose. Everything was perfect, the waitress didn't drop the food on them, the food was excellent, and the icing on the cake was I just got a popup letting me know that it was the romance festival. Things couldn't be going more right. They finished dinner, and they stood up, Bab's got on one knee and proposed, I was camera ready... Have you guys ever seen what the reject proposal animation looks like? If you haven't consider yourself lucky. It was the meanest most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen from this game. That was 15 min ago, and I am still sitting here with my mouth on the floor, because I can't believe that happened. Just when I think this game has nothing else to give, it throws me a curve-ball, and I'm drawn right back in.

11-17-17_1-26-08PM_zpsr26fndle.png

11-17-17_1-26-26PM_zps9pyxuqah.png

11-17-17_1-26-43PM_zps7qaibs6g.png

Comments

• Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    so sorry for you and Bab`s, hope they can work it out :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    The look on Makenna's face in that pic. "I wouldn't have you if you were the last woman on earth."

What do plan on doing next?
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I haven't seen a refusal in a long time, but in my memory, it was more a "you're cute... but no!". This one really looks like a "NEVER!"
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Aha, this was an awesome read. I wonder what's gonna happen next =D
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    Makenna should have an unfortunate pool accident. Then Babs should find a nice sir or madam to settle down with successfully. The wedding reception should be a pool party. Just let Makenna’s ghost wander around watching Babs be happy. Justice served.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    I haven't seen a refusal in a long time, but in my memory, it was more a "you're cute... but no!". This one really looks like a "NEVER!"

She literally knocked the ring out of her hand, the last picture Bab’s is looking to the left because she was watching the ring hit the floor.

I am not sure what to do with them now. They went home and after a night of crying in the closet Bab’s seems to be a little understanding of why she said no. I think the issue here is their romantic bar may not be up high enough since Makenna is unflirty. I will try one more time when they’ve gotten to know each other even better, and if she rejects that then they’ll be done, or like this entire save it can go completely another way lol.

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Makenna does look a bit of a psychopath tho'.
    I'm feeling pretty threatened by that refusal wrath just looking at it.
    Makenna does look a bit of a psychopath tho'.
    I'm feeling pretty threatened by that refusal wrath just looking at it.

Right?! If looks could kill Bab's would be dead! You should have seen her face when she smacked the ring away.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    Huh, it kind of looks like your animation was different than mine. It probably wasn't, but I can't remember my Sim looking like that when she rejected her dude. Mine looked a little more guilty and a little less psycho. :lol:
    PLUau6W.png
    istUupQ.png
    This was actually a back story for my vampire Sim which is supposed to be set around the 1950s, so that explains the outfits hehe.

Love your story! Those screenshots are great, too. You managed to capture that rejection from just the right angles lol. That last one.

Edit: Although, now that I look at yours and mine, they really do look different! Interesting.

One more edit lol: Yours was definitely different than mine. My Sim didn't smack the ring away, she gently pushed the guy's hands holding the ring away from her. I didn't know there were different animations for rejecting proposals! Probably depends on their mood. Mine was in a happy mood, I still have no clue as to why she rejected him. Kind of messed up my back story, but I went with it and came up with something different, so all's good.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I wonder if proposal rejection styles have to do with the proposed to sim’s traits. Like unflirty, commitment issue, mean and evil Sims might be more aggressive with their refusal, while Sims with traits like romantic, family oriented, or good are more gentle in their refusal.

It might also have to do with how memories supposedly work in the game. As I understand it, it’s supposed to be a bit of a challenge now to fully repair a friendship or relationship that’s gone south. So even though Babs and Makenna “made up” for the most part from when Babs got caught cheating, Makenna still remembers and doesn’t trust her enough to marry her right now.

So maybe it was a bit like “You came into my work with your hook up like 3 months ago and NOW you wanna get married?! Dream on, toots! You got a LONG way to go before I’ll marry you!” Maybe she was insulted by the idea that she’d marry Babs after catching her running around with half the neighborhood.
    mmt3363 wrote: »
    I wonder if proposal rejection styles have to do with the proposed to sim’s traits. Like unflirty, commitment issue, mean and evil Sims might be more aggressive with their refusal, while Sims with traits like romantic, family oriented, or good are more gentle in their refusal.

It might also have to do with how memories supposedly work in the game. As I understand it, it’s supposed to be a bit of a challenge now to fully repair a friendship or relationship that’s gone south. So even though Babs and Makenna “made up” for the most part from when Babs got caught cheating, Makenna still remembers and doesn’t trust her enough to marry her right now.

So maybe it was a bit like “You came into my work with your hook up like 3 months ago and NOW you wanna get married?! Dream on, toots! You got a LONG way to go before I’ll marry you!” Maybe she was insulted by the idea that she’d marry Babs after catching her running around with half the neighborhood.

Wait she remembered that?! I thought once something happened they just forgot about it like it never happened. If the memories thing is true that would make me very happy!
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    mmt3363 wrote: »

It would be so awesome if the memory part were true! I'm not entirely sure, but I think that when I put this Sim in another save to create her back story I was actually too lazy to change the traits I'd already assigned for her. Her back story was supposed to show how she eventually became Evil and Jealous, but I'm fairly sure that her back story self already had those traits as I didn't change 'em. She is romantic, though.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Please update and let us know how they go.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol. Poor sim.

I remember how gutted I was when Don Lothario did the exact same thing to my main sim. You can't see it, but there goes the ring flying across the room:
    250.png?dl=0

Then after he raged at her for a while, he stormed out.
    252.png?dl=0
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Wow! I love it!
    This is what this game needs more of, and what makes the other iterations so special. It's these "little things" good or bad. Life ain't perfect. It gets boring living in a perfect world all the time.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Lol. Poor sim.

I remember how gutted I was when Don Lothario did the exact same thing to my main sim. You can't see it, but there goes the ring flying across the room:
    250.png?dl=0

252.png?dl=0

Wow. Seriously! Is she pregnant?! :anguished: The cad! He needs to die! In fire! :rage::naughty:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    As a matter of fact, I have faced that scenario. I was in the last stages of the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. http://galacticgals.blogspot.in/2016/11/generation-nine-chapter-five-why-you.html

I used it to my advantage, however. It is painful. But I can never imagine a scenario where one or the other is 'left at the altar' as being anything but painful. Hope it works out for you, in the end.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Wow. Seriously! Is she pregnant?! :anguished: The cad! He needs to die! In fire! :rage::naughty:

Yep, she was. He seduced her the first time he met her for woohoo in a closet, got her pregnant and then rejected her proposal. He should have died in a fire, indeed, but she just keeps on falling for his charms.

The second time he got her pregnant, she went to visit him at his house to give him the news and found out he was sharing a house with these two pregnant ladies:
    404.png?dl=0

One day, karma will come and bite him >:)
  • DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2017
    Lol. Poor sim.

250.png?dl=0

252.png?dl=0

Pfft. By the looks of things she's better off without him. My Sim got pregnant by Don (risky woohoo mod), when she told him about the pregnancy he got really mad at her so she left. She didn't interact with him again, and then he showed up uninvited at his sons wedding just as he was about to get married. I was like "So now you care?"
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    LMAO I can't help but laugh at Don's mess.

I know Don has commitment issues did you sim as well @SkewedReality04 ?
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Lol. Poor sim.

250.png?dl=0

252.png?dl=0

YES!!! So you get it! Had you ever seen that rejection before Don did it? Because I never even knew it existed!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    the rejection is sad when it seems they should be together and funny when it works, I have a new save going the story in my head being that Vlad was disappointed the family was awake so he couldn't feed. Though Annica being friendly trying to greet him as though he is a normal neighbor gave him an idea that he could have something better. So he is 'controlling' her to make her give him an heir she's very pretty after all. As she is just a tool and doesn't actually hold any special place to him at all it was funny watching him accept flirts but reject her embrace and kiss. Not quite proposal but still fitting.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    YES!!! So you get it! Had you ever seen that rejection before Don did it? Because I never even knew it existed!
    No, I had never seen it before. I was gobsmacked lol. It was pretty cool, despite my sim being heartbroken.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Lol. Poor sim.

250.png?dl=0

252.png?dl=0

ok, so there are in this game those interesting things but ...

how often will you be doing this ?
    how often will you orchestrate a proposal where the chances are high that your proposing sim gets rejectected at all & then rejected in such a definite way ?
    i'd guess maybe 3 cause then it gets just old

now how often do sims eat, interact on the daily basis with each other, how often they go on dates, visit nightclubs, cafes, other sims
    & what interesting things happen while doing so ?

as much i appreciate the inclusion of such unique moments i would be far more impressed by the inclusion of uniqueness into the everyday life of sims

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Makenna was waiting for her revenge.