Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moderation for CAP

I've seen some pets in the gallery with disturbing words/drawings put on them by some creatively bored simmers with too much time on their hands. Since I have a daughter who plays this game as well as nieces and nephews, I'm a little concerned about this oversight. How are we supposed to keep the naughty pets off the gallery?

Edited for obvious reasons, but this and much worse examples are what I'm talking about.

f062e9af49906eff78c161457a3d7d1e.png

Comments

• samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I've seen some pets in the gallery with disturbing words/drawings put on them by some creatively bored simmers with too much time on their hands. Since I have a daughter who plays this game as well as nieces and nephews, I'm a little concerned about this oversight. How are we supposed to keep the naughty pets off the gallery?

Edited for obvious reasons, but this and much worse examples are what I'm talking about.

f062e9af49906eff78c161457a3d7d1e.png

Personally I was surprised at the fact I haven't seen any pets like this myself, I was expecting far more. I guess all you can really do is report people abusing the rules as and when you see them, and if you're concerned about your daughter seeing naughty words and/or drawings on the gallery, disable online access while she's playing the game. I'm fairly sure that legally they have it covered in that they've acknowledged that they can't control what goes up on the gallery to a certain extent and so while the game is considered 12+, the gallery doesn't necessarily reflect that rating, so you have to moderate it yourself.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited November 2017
    The only thing you can do is just report them. The game has a teen rating, so your niece and nephews should be in their teens to play this game. If they're teens, they should be used to reading swear words on the internet, anyways. :D If they're not teens, well, then you have to supervise them yourself.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    The game is Teen rated, and I honestly don't think any word someone would write on a dog would traumatise a teen. You can flag them or if it worries you so much, allow your daughter to only play offline or supervise her.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    The game is Rated Teen 13+, anyone younger you let play then it is your job to supervise them.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Agreed with everyone else. When I was 13 none of this stuff would have phased me.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    My kids are 8,8, and 11. This honestly wouldn't bother me. Kids will be exposed to swear words far before they are playing this game. That's just part of life. If a kid can read swear words then they are probably old enough to deal with seeing them.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Its probably teens and kids themselves who create such 'creations' lmao.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just disable the online gallery feature when allowing my 7 year old to play. There is nothing in the game that she could not already see via a cartoon anyway. I have not seen any animals with bad words yet, but would report if I do as I do not need to see that stuff as well.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Have you seen the state of the gallery ? It's hopelessly unmoderatable.