Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game will not save

I just tried to save my xbox one game after several hours. It will not save. Please do not tell me that this game is going to be a bag of bugs....

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bela4 wrote: »
    I just tried to save my xbox one game after several hours. It will not save. Please do not tell me that this game is going to be a bag of bugs....

It's an issue their looking into. SimGuruNick knows about it.
  • Options
    BooBabyBooBaby Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the same issue... I'm honestly so frustrated... I really hope that they get this fixed soon.
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    Same problem here and very frustrated! Was able to create two sims and save household in the notebook thing, but game won't let me save and go on. All that time spent and still have not got to "play the game", nor see a house or any of the town. SAVE is so very important!
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    Ok, I really feel stupid now -- could NOT figure out how to shut the PS4 down! Ended up just having to unplug its power, and discovered the system was hot to the touch. Do they stand up or lie flat? And does anyone prop theirs up on things to keep the system off shelf or desk? Whew, am not having fun yet!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Rennie wrote: »
    Ok, I really feel plum now -- could NOT figure out how to shut the PS4 down! Ended up just having to unplug its power, and discovered the system was hot to the touch. Do they stand up or lie flat? And does anyone prop theirs up on things to keep the system off shelf or desk? Whew, am not having fun yet!

You click on the p button to close the Sims 4 Application.
  • Options
    H3LSTARH3LSTAR Posts: 8 New Member
    My save has corrupted twice now losing 10 hours of time.. I went to save and when you go to the menu and hit save it locks the game up to where I had to go into the game application on the dashboard and close it .. So I restart the game and now all my saves are the exact same saves from a way earlier save.. and its odd because all the saves have the time stamp of the save I just tried to do not the earlier time that the save is actually putting me in when I load one.. I do believe each time I tried to save I was trying to overwrite a previous save but now I cant remember, Im so frustrated with this.. I had 4 skills to 10 and now lost it all back to 4 and 5's..
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It Is kind of bad to be honest.
  • Options
    Yeah it is I wish there was a way to just get credited back my money and I would get the pc version, but I wanted to play from the couch that way I did not have to worry about the kids tripping over usb cables and stuff.. what a pain this is!
  • Options
    SeekersLegacySeekersLegacy Posts: 16 New Member
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16164632"]It Is kind of bad to be honest. [/quote]

No. “To be honest” Sims 4 console ISN’T bad. It literally just came out and obviously there will be bugs to squish soon. I’m on PS4 and I haven’t had trouble saving so far. You’re just being kind of negative about the console game that just came out and aren’t even giving it a chance to get off the ground yet.
  • Options
    It’s like you people haven’t experienced bugs in a just released new console game before, bugs that are usually patched pretty quickly. It happens in virtually every console release. So stop trying to pass Sims 4 console off as a failure when it hasn’t even really started yet.
  • Options
    Brand new games are allowed at least a few days hiccups to get sorted out if they literally just came out
  • Options
    I never said it was a failure I had a blast playing what I did, but not all of us have everyday of the week to play.. Just happens the game comes out on my day off, it rained all day so kids soccer practice is canceled and for once I get to just sit and play a game and I cant save, sorry but that is a big pain and honestly a bug is not being able to get a wall to work right or being able to change outfits.. not being able to save is way bigger than a bug because at that point why even play I might as well go back to 1985 and keep dropping quarters into super mario brothers and starting at the begging of the game over and over..
  • Options
    I understand that. Like if the game had been out longer like a week or more I’d be more understanding, but rampant negativity and skepticism when the game has only been out for what, a day, really isn’t fair. I can’t think of really any console games that didn’t have problematic bugs that didn’t need to be patched soon after release. They’ll get Sims 4 console sorted out and there will be patches. People just need to have more faith instead of dismissing the game as a disappointment only a day after release like some people here are.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It Is kind of bad to be honest.

No. “To be honest” Sims 4 console ISN’T bad. It literally just came out and obviously there will be bugs to squish soon. I’m on PS4 and I haven’t had trouble saving so far. You’re just being kind of negative about the console game that just came out and aren’t even giving it a chance to get off the ground yet.

All I said was that ive had performance issues. Im not bashing this game at all nor am i purpously being negative about the game. I get that new games have issues at first im not saying they dont. I also just want to point out when i say its kind of bad im refering to the save issue not the actual game.
  • Options
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-16164765"][quote="SeekersLegacy;c-16164684"][quote="Simsfan99111;c-16164632"]It Is kind of bad to be honest. [/quote]

[/quote]

All I said was that ive had performance issues. Im not bashing this game at all nor am i purpously being negative about the game. I get that new games have issues at first im not saying they dont. I also just want to point out when i say its kind of bad im refering to the save issue not the actual game. [/quote]

Alright. Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get carried away. I just never played it on PC and I’m committing to the console port as a new Sims 4 player and I’m just really wanting the best from it and being optimistic. I want it to be successful.
  • Options
    I agree I want it to be successful also, playing on the couch with two young kids is way easier than trying to do the pc thing especially if you dont have a dedicated pc office or room.. I completely understand bug issues I just wanted to get it out there that my issue was not being able to save at all and that it is actually time stamping them wrong, and from what I just found out turning the game on this morning is that its time stamp is the actually time it is when you are playing at that moment not when you saved hours before.. All my saves last night said 11pm and this morning when I went to load them then all said 9am the current time I am at now which is real odd.. so by me putting that info out I would hope it would give the devs (if any look at this stuff) some info to go off to figure this issue out as fast as they can...
  • Options
    oh and one other thing off topic if you guys know the answer, what does the eye dropper tool do?? is there a way to paint the interior walls with it??
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I've had several issues playing the game on PS4. Sometimes, controls become unresponsive after some time playing. I thought it was me at first, not knowing what buttons I should be pushing. Then the next time everything is fine, until I play for a while and then I cannot save or deselect menus.

Another thing is I cannot delete households I created. The menu gives me the option to delete and it tells me it's deleted, but next time I play, the household is still there.

Hopefully they will release patches to fix these bugs soon. I love this game and I really want it to work as it should.
  • Options
    FungFung Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't save as well. It is quite disappointed when I got this problem. how can I fix it now? It waste our time for "repeating " the game due to bugs.
  • Options
    lvls_Laurenlvls_Lauren Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven’t fixed the saving problem but I figured it how to unlock the game when you try saving. Just hit the L3 it will unlock it and you can either continue playing or try saving it again but I can’t get it to save still and I’m just chilling with the app open because I don’t want to lose my stuff ):
  • Options
    > @H3LSTAR said:
    > Yeah it is I wish there was a way to just get credited back my money and I would get the pc version, but I wanted to play from the couch that way I did not have to worry about the kids tripping over usb cables and stuff.. what a pain this is!

Wow.

Talk about a rush to judgement.

I'm on the XB1 and I've not had any issues at all like you describe.
  • Options
    Ive found turning boost mode off on my ps4 pro helps with the lag a little. Thankfully i havnt had anymore save issues yet.
  • Options
    Storm_SirenStorm_Siren Posts: 2 New Member
    So I’m on ps4 and having the same problem. I have figured out that if I hit L3 to bring up the controls picture it unfreezes the menu so you don’t have to reset your system butttt it doesn’t solve the not saving thing. I just don’t have it in me to reset the game and lose the past 4 hrs of gameplay.
  • Options
    Storm_SirenStorm_Siren Posts: 2 New Member
    I was hoping that maybe if traveled it would auto save during the loading screen. Nope. Took a chance and lost 6 hrs.
  • Options
    > @SirGreenDay said:
    > > @H3LSTAR said:
    > > Yeah it is I wish there was a way to just get credited back my money and I would get the pc version, but I wanted to play from the couch that way I did not have to worry about the kids tripping over usb cables and stuff.. what a pain this is!
    >
    > Wow.
    >
    > Talk about a rush to judgement.
    >
    > I'm on the XB1 and I've not had any issues at all like you describe.

Great that you have had no issues, but I am not the only one having save issues and some others that I did not mention because I know those are not game breaking, not being able to save is game breaking on a game your are building stats up by playing.. and sorry if its a rush judgement that I would like these issues taken care of seeing as I paid for a full game not part of a game, that would be like me taking a year to build you a house and when you move in telling you oh we left the water pipes capped you will have to wait for a patch to get a drink.. come on, Im not being hard on them but I dont have all the time in the world to play and these same issues from what I read are in the pc version as well but have work arounds. So excuse me if I feel that after as long as this game has been out a big important issue like a game save issue was not focused on before the release..