Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody buying DLC's bundle today?

As the Deluxe Edition of the Sims 4 launched today on Console, is anybody buying any of the dlc or the bundle pack? i'm very tempted to get City Living, looks soo much fun alot to do with the base game.

So i'm debating,

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no I am not going to pay 66$ or more to add dlc on the console version of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AdamSimAdamSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I got the bundle pack because I only have the game on console so it’s all new to me, not like having to buy it twice.
  • > @fazemanpress said:
    > As the Deluxe Edition of the Sims 4 launched today on Console, is anybody buying any of the dlc or the bundle pack? i'm very tempted to get City Living, looks soo much fun alot to do with the base game.
    >
    > So i'm debating,

The price is ridiculously high.

I was shocked.

It's only a few dollars less than the full game.

Out of the 3 packs one is purely cosmetic.

If this is normal pricing for Sims DLC then I'll be passing on all of it which is a shame because the Sims is one of my favorite games of all time.
  • MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    > @fazemanpress said:
    > As the Deluxe Edition of the Sims 4 launched today on Console, is anybody buying any of the dlc or the bundle pack? i'm very tempted to get City Living, looks soo much fun alot to do with the base game.
    >
    > So i'm debating,

I bought the bundle pack.

Really like the City Living pack. Only thing ruining the game is an extremely annoying save bug that periodically effects the xbox one version.
  • llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    I bought the bundle. I have the game on pc but only a couple expansions on the pc version. I totally love playing the game on the xbox and I know the DLC is never going to be cheap but the game is awesome and I will get whatever DLC EA delivers for this game. I really hope that in time it gets everything that has been made available for the pc.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Totally getting the bundle soon. Costs a lot but im getting it no matter what. $50 isnt bad in my opinion for a $40 EP, $20 GP, & a $10 SP all in one. Cant wait to finally have vampires.
    Post edited by LauraMSim on
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    As the Deluxe Edition of the Sims 4 launched today on Console, is anybody buying any of the dlc or the bundle pack? i'm very tempted to get City Living, looks soo much fun alot to do with the base game.

So i'm debating,

I bought and downloaded all of the dlc at midnight this last night.
  • MattnusBaneMattnusBane Posts: 1 New Member
    I was tempted, but i bought the Deluxe Edition on PS4 and haven't actually had the DLC (Other than the Patio Pack). So until that's sorted, I'm holding off. That and a patch to help with saves. Was loving the game until i went out for a few minutes, came back to find I'd lost 2hrs of gameplay :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I was tempted, but i bought the Deluxe Edition on PS4 and haven't actually had the DLC (Other than the Patio Pack). So until that's sorted, I'm holding off. That and a patch to help with saves. Was loving the game until i went out for a few minutes, came back to find I'd lost 2hrs of gameplay :(

I've had no issue saving on my PS4. Did you download the patch that came out with the release?
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I bought it yesterday, as soon as I got my copy of the base game delivered. I am playing it on PS4.

Didn't get to actually save a game yet because I am still getting used to the controller.
    I have only saved a new household and didn't have any issues with that.

The main problem for me is the controller while in live mode.
  • SeekersLegacySeekersLegacy Posts: 16 New Member
    [quote="friendlysimmers;c-16161535"]no I am not going to pay 66$ or more to add dlc on the console version of the sims4[/quote]

The bundle of everything is $50 altogether...
    [quote="SirGreenDay;c-16161933"]> @fazemanpress said:
    >
    > So i'm debating,

The price is ridiculously high.

I was shocked.

It's only a few dollars less than the full game.

Out of the 3 packs one is purely cosmetic.

If this is normal pricing for Sims DLC then I'll be passing on all of it which is a shame because the Sims is one of my favorite games of all time. [/quote]

How is it ridiculously high? It’s not! If you buy the bundle of all three dlc, it’s obly $50 which is much less than buying them separately. It’s a fair price for all three together.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

[quote="Writin_Reg;c-16164449"]Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.
    [/quote]

The packs and expansions are literally the exact same price they are on PC though...
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017
    I will be when i get paid next week!
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 200 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of Vamipres doesnt do it for me. How is the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack is it worth picking up? or just save up on City Living? and any lags or bugs for VIntage Glamour?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.

The packs and expansions are literally the exact same price they are on PC though...

That was my point to the one saying it was expensive when it is not for console. Console has not gone up in 40 years - while pc games have tripled (and then some) in the last 40 years.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

That was my point to the one saying it was expensive when it is not for console. Console has not gone up in 40 years - while pc games have tripled (and then some) in the last 40 years.

That is not true, console games have increased over the years. A new release on last gen Console would be approx £39.99, a new release on a current gen console is at least £50 extending right up to as much as £80 for super editions,not to mention dlc is now a big thing. Pc games have increased but so have console.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I've just bought the bündle, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I knew it.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MethodkillaMethodkilla Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SeekersLegacy said:
    > [quote="Writin_Reg;c-16164449"]Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.
    > [/quote]
    >
    > The packs and expansions are literally the exact same price they are on PC though...
    >

That isnt true though, through origin City Living is 39.99 Canadian. On playstation store it is 53.49. Vamps are 19.99 on origin and 26.99 on psn . Vintage on Origin is 9.99 and on psn 13.49. Now lets say Origin charges us the same price as Americans. Even with conversion 39.99 is 51.05, 19.99 is 25.52, 9.99 is 12.72.. so even by a few dollars it isnt the same. And if through origin if I am paying 39.99 CAD.. its even more at the end of the day. IM not complaining cause honestly Ill be buying the DLC no doubt.. Just saying it really isnt the same.. for Canadians anyways.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I got the bundle but only paid $44 for it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Yep, I remember back in the day I would pay $19.99 for an AAA game and now it is like 59.99 and more if you want extras and I see an increase coming.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.

Actually gaming is cheap. If you pay $60 for a game you will play 100 hours or more compared to the price of another activity such as a movie ticket that only gives you an hour and a half to two hours of entertainment. Gaming is cheap. You just have to be smart about what games you buy and don't waste money on games you will barely play.
    I see console games being more expensive as a convenience. You pay a little bit more but you know exactly how well the game will run and look on your tv while with pc games that is not always the case.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member

That is not true, console games have increased over the years. A new release on last gen Console would be approx £39.99, a new release on a current gen console is at least £50 extending right up to as much as £80 for super editions,not to mention dlc is now a big thing. Pc games have increased but so have console.

You're right. I remember that PS1 games were not very expensive back in the late 90's, PS4 games are way more expensive (if you also include DLC and online services.) I remember that TS1 for PC used to cost the same as any console's videogames in the early 00's. Nowadays PC games and console games cost almost the same but a lot more than they did 2 decades ago. Consoles and gaming PCs (or laptops) have always cost the same (they are a little bit more expensive now though.)
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    > @Goldmoldar said:
    > Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > Console games have always been much more expensive than pc games - even back in the 1980s - they were at least twice to three times the price of my pc games. But for my kids back then it was cheaper to have them use consoles to play games then having to replace pcs every time I turned around. Gaming has NEVER been cheap - but then most fun activities and hobbies never are anyway. Lol. If you think about it - in the 1980's console games cost 40-70 dollars each, and today almost 40 years later they are still the same price while pc games back then was much, much cheaper, and now a days pretty much have tripled (or more) than what they were back then.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yep, I remember back in the day I would pay $19.99 for an AAA game and now it is like 59.99 and more if you want extras and I see an increase coming.

I find it a little ridiculous that this game has been out for 3 years on PC and has a ton of extra packs. But yet when they port it over to the console, all we get is the base game. I'm not expecting everything at launch. But to include some of the extras would have been nice. Especially seeing there is no option to share content. Which is more than possible to add. NBA2k, Forza, WWE2k and many other games offer community sharing.