Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs VS Time Management

124...Next

Comments

• Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    @esharpmajor I have god-like pc (well, it was like 2 years ago but still god-like for ts4), currently no cc or mods and I still have simulation lags. It got worse after c&d (and before that I had tons of cc). Actually interactions between two sims are as bad as before but between sim and pet... :scream:
    Sooo... maybe... JUST maybe... it's because of... idk... bad programming? :no_mouth:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    That's really great. Now add to that the idea that maybe you want to start your own retail business, and on occasion go camping. Plus, you like the idea of checking out the festivals. Amongst that, you also like to go fishing to build more of your collection, and, of course, there's the other stuff to collect. That's nice to have too.

Sure, its all in the routine... if you only wish to play 10% of the game.

To be fair, I'm used to requiring much stricter routine in The Sims 2. Currently playing on a full household with 1 adult, 2 toddlers, 2 teens and 3 cats. Both of my teens have time to skill build and have the Monday to Friday afterschool job (think it's the shop one?). Some of the animation slowdown that you're seeing is due to simulation lag. I had to stop playing the game entirely from Vampires all the way to Cats and Dogs patch because it was just too clunky. Try cleaning your game up, removing some mods and dropping the settings. Some is to do with multitasking. As they can't actually multitask (eating and talking is equivalent to taking a bite, then saying a word, this way eating will take 50% longer), the rest is to do with EA's emote animations put into literally every action that they perform. There's mods to take that out, however for me there's far less of them as my simulation lag lessened.

A single sim day on speed 1 is already longer than in any previous sim game. If you tweaked the time even more, I might get 2 days in one play session, which coupled with their long life expectancy, it would feel like I'm accomplishing no progress.

I only started using mods a month ago, of which I only have 5 object mods being used at the moment, which I am also taking back out. I'm not a big fan of mods for the sims game. I am surprised I've used them this long (nearly a full month now).

The time issue has always been an issue for me. Some people don't seem to have a problem with it, and I respect that, but for me, it just feels like i'm always racing against the clock that I can't just relax and enjoy the game.

It's up to you and you alone to establish patterns suiting your very own playstyle. Every sims iteration has it's own "time management" problems. All I can suggest is a "practical house", with every useful object close to one another. No use of stairs if possible. Also, don't talk to those annoying family members whose sole purpose is to make your breakfast twice as long as it should be.

literally I only allow them to do ONE Interaction while eating breakfast, and then X-out of the conversation.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2017
    Time management is my favorite part of the game... I love playing big family's 8-14 with mcc... the only thing that really needs fixing is when they lag out sometimes and wait an hour before doing what I told them or the letting toddlers out of the chair when your trying to get everyone to eat together ( I have found that making the toddler have a nap in the afternoon and keeping the needs all in the green helps )
    But also puppy having to be carried outside told to pee then picked up and carried in is killer... I just wish the news paper was real and you could just potty train puppy to a paper... makes me never want to have a puppy again just adult dogs
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    I swear my sims are all eating slower now.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited November 2017
    Time management is my favorite part of the game... I love playing big family's 8-14 with mcc... the only thing that really needs fixing is when they lag out sometimes and wait an hour before doing what I told them or the letting toddlers out of the chair when your trying to get everyone to eat together ( I have found that making the toddler have a nap in the afternoon and keeping the needs all in the green helps )
    But also puppy having to be carried outside told to pee then picked up and carried in is killer... I just wish the news paper was real and you could just potty train puppy to a paper... makes me never want to have a puppy again just adult dogs

I'm not trying to be difficult here but... i'm a bit curious.

If the time management is your favorite part of the game then why do you use the MCCC mod to manipulate that of which you suggest is your favorite?

Basically what I trust you are saying is.... time management is your favorite part of the game now that you found a mod that helps you manipulate it to your preference. Which is fair enough... but doesn't really apply or compare to those who are not using mods who have complaints against the default settings.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @esharpmajor I have god-like pc (well, it was like 2 years ago but still god-like for ts4), currently no cc or mods and I still have simulation lags. It got worse after c&d (and before that I had tons of cc). Actually interactions between two sims are as bad as before but between sim and pet... :scream:
    Sooo... maybe... JUST maybe... it's because of... idk... bad programming? :no_mouth:

Hah yea, frustrating isn’t it... I’m in the same boat, made my pc myself around 2 yrs ago and it far exceeds the required specs, but I still see lots of sim lag - city living is literally unplayable for me. No one lives in SM because of that. I’ve even tested it with no cc whatsoever and have the same issues... so idk, maybe the luck part plays a bigger role than anything! Have you tried the MCC timescale change? Wondering if you’d have the same result I did. Can’t play without it now!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    Deleted
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Hah yea, frustrating isn’t it... I’m in the same boat, made my pc myself around 2 yrs ago and it far exceeds the required specs, but I still see lots of sim lag - city living is literally unplayable for me. No one lives in SM because of that. I’ve even tested it with no cc whatsoever and have the same issues... so idk, maybe the luck part plays a bigger role than anything! Have you tried the MCC timescale change? Wondering if you’d have the same result I did. Can’t play without it now!
    I tested MCCC timescale and... it DOES help :open_mouth: The only downside is that third speed is now too slow for my tastes :(
  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    > @muzickmage said:
    > Prior to the release of C&D I already found the game's time management system a bit of a tolerence tester... with sims taking over an hour to eat a bowl of cereal.... or 15-20 minutes to walk to the next room. And don't even get me started on the amount of minutes they waste just standing there doing nothing waiting for the queve to finally activate their next action.

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to get this expansion.
    The sims can be very slow at doing things, and it can sometimes take a long time for an sim to start doing an action because they're to busy standing still doing absolutely nothing.
    Even cancelling an action can take some time, it took over an hour for a sim to cancel their action and it resulted they being late for work.

I can only imagine how extra horrible it will be having pets in the family to slow things down even further.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I just found this and I agree, still the time is so short. seems like they get up and do a couple of things and it's time to go to bed. I do wish it was slower. Or there was a way to adjust the time.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    While I do agree that time management is rough in sims 4, I do still get a lot done each day. One thing I have noticed from going back to sims 3, the days are very short on sims 3. Sims 4 days are longer by a mile, so even if it takes forever to do something I think the longer days balance it out at least compared to sims 3. Days fly by in sims 3 and on normal time days can drag a little in 4, but it takes a while to do things so again balance.

Now I will say things like eating out shouldn’t take as long as they do. 4-6 hours is a bit silly for a meal out. And I know other activities can eat up the day. But I still really enjoy going out to eat.

And as far as pets. I haven’t had a huge problem but I think it depends on the pet and the family. Like I want to add a dog to a family that has a cat. So I am curious as to how that will work. Will be my first multi pet household and they have a toddler. So I may change my tune soon.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't really bother with dogs anymore. Way too needy and not enough hours in the sim day to care for them.