Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simstagram

I haven't seen anybody mention it yet, but you can use the camera to take pictures of your pets using the simstgram option, therefore getting larger prints that are better to hang on walls. I was disappointed when I thought we could only use the cell phone and get small prints. Share your pets simstragram pictures.
tumblr_ozeoyhlYN91wy9czzo6_1280.png

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

Also, for those who are new to photography, the bar at the bottom of the shot allows you to rotate the picture:

11-11-17_6-24-13_PM.png
    11-11-17_6-24-26_PM.png
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anybody mention it yet, but you can use the camera to take pictures of your pets using the simstgram option, therefore getting larger prints that are better to hang on walls. I was disappointed when I thought we could only use the cell phone and get small prints. Share your pets simstragram pictures.

No one mentioned it, most likely because all that function really does is cater to the "be cute for online" aspect. I really do not see any relevant gameplay with the simstgram thing, of course I hardly see a need for the IRL version as well.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Also, for those who are new to photography, the bar at the bottom of the shot allows you to rotate the picture:

Thanks for the tip! I never noticed that.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Thanks for the tip! I never noticed that.

It took me a long time to figure it out myself. It really helps with our pet though because they are never in a good position (or at least mine aren't) for a good picture!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I clicked on it just to see what it was. LOL Jean now has a pic of his dog for online.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I don't really care about whether it's for Simstagram or not. i'm just glad that we can take in-game pictures and put it on the walls :) It does add to my gameplay, I really like to decorate houses with family's pictures. It took me some time to discover that option on a camera. Now I only want to be able to take selfies with pets ;)
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member

No one mentioned it, most likely because all that function really does is cater to the "be cute for online" aspect. I really do not see any relevant gameplay with the simstgram thing, of course I hardly see a need for the IRL version as well.

I like it because otherwise it would be impossible to have pictures of pet to put on the walls. We'd be following them around waiting for them to stop moving, so it wouldn't blur, and hoping we are a decent distance away to get a picture, then it would be from sim height, so not good at all.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Can someone who has the pack please advise:

Aside from Simstagram, is it possible for Sims to pose for selfies with their pets? Or can another Sim take a picture of a Sim posing with their pet?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2017
    Cynna wrote: »

Aside from Simstagram, is it possible for Sims to pose for selfies with their pets? Or can another Sim take a picture of a Sim posing with their pet?

@Cynna Not that I am aware. I've seen people complaining that this feature does not exist. You might be able to work around by having your sim sit on the couch and invite the pet up or have the sim pick them up and then another sim can take a picture.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

@Cynna Not that I am aware. I've seen people complaining that this feature does not exist. You might be able to work around by having your sim sit on the couch and invite the pet up or have the sim pick them up and then another sim can take a picture.

Thank you very much for responding. I've been trying to find this answer for days. :)

People have been taking pictures with their pets long before the advent of the internet. What a missed opportunity.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options

People have been taking pictures with their pets long before the advent of the internet. What a missed opportunity.

Sure, you can take pictures with pets:

892GZYQ.png

Just have one sim take a photo of the other one with the pet. Don't use the "take photo of" option...just place one sim in front of the other one and do the general "take photo" option.

It's basically the same thing for taking pictures with toddlers:

oPtN7nV.png

If you use the selfie or take photo with options, it's basically just a zoomed in head shot of the two people posing with the camera being held out to take the selfie:

v9mkWFr.jpg

There's really no way a toddler or a puppy or a cat would work with that. They'd have to design a new posing system for the photos. However, the fact that they added photography for free for everyone might be a sign that they are intending to expand the system to account for toddlers and pets.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have 7 cats in my household. Priscilla has the most followers so far. She has 180!
    11-11-17_5-40-31AM.png

Poor Evo only has about 20.
    11-13-17_2-46-04AM.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    This is Tigerlily and she is posing for the occasion, :joy:
    23550207_556333314710011_3547118833587129901_o.jpg?oh=29d7bce1e4fb618b65fc33c63c6bcbcd&oe=5A9F624D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Hahaha.....that look on Tigerlilly’s face! She looks high on catnip, lol.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    She looks like she's smiling!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Just have one sim take a photo of the other one with the pet. Don't use the "take photo of" option...just place one sim in front of the other one and do the general "take photo" option.

Upon further testing, you can also use the Simstagram feature to take a picture of a pet with a toddler. If the pet is being held by an adult, the Simstagram feature won't allow you to select that pet so you have to use the regular photo method. However, I'm guessing since toddlers aren't really part of the whole photo system, Simstagram doesn't recognize them and so you can take the picture of the pet while he/she is with the toddler. This is really, really good for taking pics of toddlers with pets because normally if you take pictures of toddlers the camera looks down on them at a higher angle....with Simstagram, the camera is down on their level:

QtTXqZA.png?1

Those are the framed versions to hang up on their walls. The screenshots come out really good too:

F94eENj.png

YOM6ghu.png

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Hahaha.....that look on Tigerlilly’s face! She looks high on catnip, lol.
    I know right :D
    Finvola wrote: »
    She looks like she's smiling!
    I think she was clown cat. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    jaxthecreatrjaxthecreatr Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay I need help! How do you see the photos you’ve taken for Simstagram? I literally can’t figure it out but I really want to see the photos I’ve taken!