Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adoption Agent, No Pets?

So I wanted to adopt two kittens and a cat. The adoption agent showed up, the cats did not, neither did the carrier. Do you have to have a certain amount of space by your front door?

Comments

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Did the agent come inside? Was your door locked? I went to adopt once and couldn't figure out why the agent just stood outside the front door for a long time....forgot I had locked the door. They don't seem to get the routing error thought bubble like others will if they can't get inside so I didn't realize she couldn't come inside.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i got confused by this but you have to click the pet agent and adopt pet for 200 dollars
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think it's a glitch. I've seen a few similar posts on here. I haven't tried it yet.

ETA from reading the forums, there should be animals with the agent and you click which one you want to adopt. I haven't read about anyone clicking the agent to have the animals appear.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2017
    The door was not locked and even though when I hovered over him it said "adoption agent:, when I clicked on him there was no option for adoption or to end the inspection. When I went out to manage worlds and reloaded, the cats where there for a minute but then faded out like they left. I had to travel to another lot to end the adoption event.
    I ended up hunting down three strays(strays don't spawn a lot when you just visit a place) and befriending them to adopt. I don't recommend this, it takes forever as my sim would just stand there and do nothing while the stray roamed around. Once I could actually get him to do an introduction I was able to adopt them pretty quick.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    @Rae357 yeah, this sounds like what I've read from a few others
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I had an issue with my second adoption where the adoption agent showed up, but not the pet. After testing it turned out something about the lot was bugged and preventing the pet from spawning (or staying spawned- on one trial the pet did show up but disappeared before my sim could interact). When I mean the lot was bugged I mean just that instance - in a new game, the same house/lot worked fine; also, the same sim moving to a different lot worked fine as well.

I worked around it by having my sim temporarily move to a blank lot, adopt his pet there, and moved back to the original lot.
  • Options
    LhuxLhux Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same issue which happened twice. I found the second time that if I selected the option "End Adoption Event" it reset the agent who then put the carrier down.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It happened to me once and I had to leave the game without saving because the guy wouldn't leave.
  • Options
    MzJazz2uMzJazz2u Posts: 5 New Member
    I am having the same issue. Agent has no pet and no carrier with him. Tried exiting and not saving but that didn't work.
  • Options
    kenna_margaretkenna_margaret Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Rae357;d-929528"]So I wanted to adopt two kittens and a cat. The adoption agent showed up, the cats did not, neither did the carrier. Do you have to have a certain amount of space by your front door?[/quote]

I was just having the same problem. I just realized that there might now be enough space in my apartment or something because the agency guy came inside but the carrier and cats are outside of the building.