Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I am so fed up with this game, the sims team, and their idiotic design choices. Whoever decided this was a good “fix” for sims not showing up in their party outfits needs a serious evaluation. This is insane. Why can’t they ever do anything right? I haven’t touched this game in months, installed it to give it another shot, and now this. Ugh. And it’s not like you can just change their outfit to something appropriate because they’ll just show up in something ridiculous again to the next party or club they go to. Why why why why why :s
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I wish we could delete clothes we don't like from CAS. All those clown outfits from City Life would be gone.

I know what you mean!

Still no reply from twitter. I think it just got lost in all the tweets they will receive. Nick is usually quite good at responding but with all the issues of late I'm not too surprised my tweet has got lost.

Maybe it is intentional now. This game feels less like mine every day.

I don't know, I'm kind of disappointed in the gurus. I sent them two tweets (Nick and Arvin), they replied to neither. You sent them a tweet, they didn't respond to that one either. They were tagged by @Skyechimes, no response here either. I'm getting angrier about this by the day. No response to the EA report either, except for that SimRobo who said it was by design, suggested moving it to the feedback section and would've closed the entire report if it weren't for the fact that there's still some issues with festivals too. So, so angry about this and I am really disappointed in the Sims Team. I won't send them another tweet because I'd feel like a stalker lol and am honestly just done with them atm. Don't feel like investing more time trying to get their attention, as it feels like it's clear to me that they don't care either way. Guess I'll just rely on mods and MCCC to fix this, like so many other bugs which are entirely neglected by the devs.
    I actually really loved this game (still do) and had such massive respect for the gurus, so I hate saying these things, but I can now understand how all these Simmers feel who tend to be negative on the forums--I never used to agree with them, always defended this game and the gurus, but now? Ugh.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wish we could delete clothes we don't like from CAS. All those clown outfits from City Life would be gone.

I know what you mean!

Still no reply from twitter. I think it just got lost in all the tweets they will receive. Nick is usually quite good at responding but with all the issues of late I'm not too surprised my tweet has got lost.

Maybe it is intentional now. This game feels less like mine every day.

I don't know, I'm kind of disappointed in the gurus. I sent them two tweets (Nick and Arvin), they replied to neither. You sent them a tweet, they didn't respond to that one either. They were tagged by @Skyechimes, no response here either. I'm getting angrier about this by the day. No response to the EA report either, except for that SimRobo who said it was by design, suggested moving it to the feedback section and would've closed the entire report if it weren't for the fact that there's still some issues with festivals too. So, so angry about this and I am really disappointed in the Sims Team. I won't send them another tweet because I'd feel like a stalker lol and am honestly just done with them atm. Don't feel like investing more time trying to get their attention, as it feels like it's clear to me that they don't care either way. Guess I'll just rely on mods and MCCC to fix this, like so many other bugs which are entirely neglected by the devs.
    I actually really loved this game (still do) and had such massive respect for the gurus, so I hate saying these things, but I can now understand how all these Simmers feel who tend to be negative on the forums--I never used to agree with them, always defended this game and the gurus, but now? Ugh.

I completely agree. Although I think I'm ready to throw the towel in.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    One of my loads I don't do any clubbing or festivals as I made it an old timey load. I spent two weeks changing every sim's clothes to olden days outfit and I remolded all the houses in Windenburg. When I started playing, a few days in and I started seeing sims in ugly clothes that don't match the time period. I tried to edit them in CAS but the outfit they are wearing wasn't even on there. So that was two weeks of my life wasted making the world since it got really annoying to see these horribly dressed futuristic sims wandering around.
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

@lottevdbrug @MidnightAura
    I feel with you. I just want to scream, it's unbelievable how much they ignore the freedom a sims game used to had and still should have.
    Well, I will try to install sims 2 again (hope this notebook is able to run it), until I can buy a new PC. And then I will play sims 3 again.

@Elleysims
    It is not your decision anymore, what clothes the sims wear. One visit at a nightclub or a festival and the game change the clothes of the sims. The game decide, not you.
    Designed by the devs..............
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2017

I know what you mean!

Maybe it is intentional now. This game feels less like mine every day pack.

Yup. No tools to change lots or public areas. It's their vision, and theirs alone. We are supposed to enjoy working within the limitations they set and ooo and ahhh over their game and how they've decided we should play it. And thank them for the opportunity to play and be forced in to fitting in with that vision.

They pretend we can dress our sims by providing us with 5 outfits per category, but upon playing the game and moving around, we see that the game over-rides those choices.

Limitations piled upon restrictions because all it is is how they think it should be. Sandbox is gone. Individual creativity is gone.

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Limitations piled upon restrictions because all it is is how they think it should be. Sandbox is gone. Individual creativity is gone.
    well said. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Elleysims The scenario you describe is exactly why I don't play themed challenges. (And I love themed challenges). One of my favourite challenges is the Royal Kingdom challenge. A challenge which I can't do in the sims 4 because my sims now change out of their outfits I assigned and also to me it feels to unbelievable that my Peasant sims would have the King and Queen constantly want to interact with them in public.

@Faridah I hope you can get the sims 2 working again. To me that is still the best sims game and it's really sad that a game that came out in 2004 gives you more freedom, creative control and game play options than the latest version.

@fullspiral I completely agree with you. This isn't our game. We are just renting sims to play in their worlds and any story we give our sims, the game will inevitably change. I have a homeless sim in game. I gave him an empty lot and I play him in a rotation. Now he's turning up in stupid outfits at clubs and bars and the last time I played him he kept getting whims to flirt with random men and guys he has no romantic relationship with are asking him on dates to see if things get spicy. I don't want him to be gay. He's my sim and he's in a relationship with a woman (who doesn't know his homeless situation) but no the game has decided he's gay. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but that's not my story I have in mind for him.

Leave our sims alone EA! It's bad enough the game is now a utopia where all that's missing is rainbows and sparkles, it's bad enough that sims will stand and watch as their spouse cheats on them with the next door neighbour and remain poker faced, it's bad enough your sims won't notice their family member died the week before, it's bad enough that the game has decided that an appropriate venue for children to skip school at is the night club (another intentional decision) it's bad enough that young adults and adults have very little to do besides clubbing and going to the gym. And now we have the game even getting picky about what our sims wear to venues. Why exactly? Has the game decided that a dress and heels is too risque for a night club? Is it so any of the children going to the night club don't see any revealing outfits? (Not that there is many in game)

The Sims used to be a game that promoted creativity and telling your stories your way, now it's interfering and taking control (and in many cases not even giving players the control in the first place) Whose game is this again?
  • Options
    @Elleysims The scenario you describe is exactly why I don't play themed challenges. (And I love themed challenges). One of my favourite challenges is the Royal Kingdom challenge. A challenge which I can't do in the sims 4 because my sims now change out of their outfits I assigned and also to me it feels to unbelievable that my Peasant sims would have the King and Queen constantly want to interact with them in public.

@Faridah I hope you can get the sims 2 working again. To me that is still the best sims game and it's really sad that a game that came out in 2004 gives you more freedom, creative control and game play options than the latest version.

@fullspiral I completely agree with you. This isn't our game. We are just renting sims to play in their worlds and any story we give our sims, the game will inevitably change. I have a homeless sim in game. I gave him an empty lot and I play him in a rotation. Now he's turning up in plum outfits at clubs and bars and the last time I played him he kept getting whims to flirt with random men and guys he has no romantic relationship with are asking him on dates to see if things get spicy. I don't want him to be gay. He's my sim and he's in a relationship with a woman (who doesn't know his homeless situation) but no the game has decided he's gay. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but that's not my story I have in mind for him.

Leave our sims alone EA! It's bad enough the game is now a utopia where all that's missing is rainbows and sparkles, it's bad enough that sims will stand and watch as their spouse cheats on them with the next door neighbour and remain poker faced, it's bad enough your sims won't notice their family member died the week before, it's bad enough that the game has decided that an appropriate venue for children to skip school at is the night club (another intentional decision) it's bad enough that young adults and adults have very little to do besides clubbing and going to the gym. And now we have the game even getting picky about what our sims wear to venues. Why exactly? Has the game decided that a dress and heels is too risque for a night club? Is it so any of the children going to the night club don't see any revealing outfits? (Not that there is many in game)

The Sims used to be a game that promoted creativity and telling your stories your way, now it's interfering and taking control (and in many cases not even giving players the control in the first place) Whose game is this again?

It's sad. It appears we shouldnt think about having our own stories, or designing our sim worlds to what we want. It's becoming apparent to me that Sims 4 is the absolute worst of the series for over-riding player participation and creation.

It feels, to me anyway, that it is designed and coded to use any available sim to create some look of being busy and lively. I often wonder if this is their response to the empty lots of sims 3 and therefore "directed" sims to "use" lots in the way that they think those lots should function. And they have no way to separate created sims of users to those they throw in for those functions.

I certainly prefer to see my own sims out and about on lots....but I don't want them used in the way the game is using them. I remember seeing my rocker chick ( waiting for the band pack) in a tweed suit selling at a table at the flea market! No! Just No! She'd never wear a pink tweed suit!

It's kind of like what you are saying about your homeless guy. We create sims because we have a vision of how we see the world we are creating and how they will all inter-relate as content comes.....but THIS game? They don't care about that because they are creating THEIR world using OUR sims to do it.

And then they wonder why we can't get immersed in the game. Or why we have issues. All they do with each pack or update, is make it worse.

I don't know how the majority play. Do they all just make a single family and play on the home lot and never go anywhere to actually see what this game is doing? When you play rotational, you see it every time you play, and every time you switch a household and play a different one.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @MidnightAura, great post.

so, with the limited options i have in-game, i give my Sims the outfits that match their personality, back story, whatever. i don't want any of them to wear glasses, and when i do i will add them myself. same for hats and random accessories and all that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 i didn't choose. for example, one of my Sims needs her hair to be long, because i "cut" it when the story needs me to. she doesn't need a hat.

and TBH, i don't even care anymore if the outfits look random, or even ugly--it's just that they all look the same. they are not my Sims anymore. and their stories don't matter anymore since i can't focus on that now. how is something like clothing important? well, say i have a household of people who just get by. they don't own 873735574 different, game-generated, random outfits to change into every time they go to the pub.

i love the game, but i feel that little by little it takes away every bit of personality our Sims have. it changes or makes up relationships, romantic interests. now it's the epidemic of random clothes. tomorrow, will their houses all be changed when we're not playing them? sigh.
  • Options
    fewlines wrote: »

i love the game, but i feel that little by little it takes away every bit of personality our Sims have. it changes or makes up relationships, romantic interests. now it's the epidemic of random clothes. tomorrow, will their houses all be changed when we're not playing them? sigh.

That's it in a nutshell. It's hard enough trying to get some form of personality on to our sims, or to see them differently since the traits and how they play aren't any different overall.

All we can do is rely on why we created them and what we see for them in the world we create. All that is taken away every time we go out to a "festival" and now a club.
  • Options
    exactly. i know it's "just a game", i know it can't be perfect. but it's supposed to be our own.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@fullspiral I completely agree with you. This isn't our game. We are just renting sims to play in their worlds and any story we give our sims, the game will inevitably change. I have a homeless sim in game. I gave him an empty lot and I play him in a rotation. Now he's turning up in plum outfits at clubs and bars and the last time I played him he kept getting whims to flirt with random men and guys he has no romantic relationship with are asking him on dates to see if things get spicy. I don't want him to be gay. He's my sim and he's in a relationship with a woman (who doesn't know his homeless situation) but no the game has decided he's gay. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but that's not my story I have in mind for him.

It's sad. It appears we shouldnt think about having our own stories, or designing our sim worlds to what we want. It's becoming apparent to me that Sims 4 is the absolute worst of the series for over-riding player participation and creation.

It feels, to me anyway, that it is designed and coded to use any available sim to create some look of being busy and lively. I often wonder if this is their response to the empty lots of sims 3 and therefore "directed" sims to "use" lots in the way that they think those lots should function. And they have no way to separate created sims of users to those they throw in for those functions.

I certainly prefer to see my own sims out and about on lots....but I don't want them used in the way the game is using them. I remember seeing my rocker chick ( waiting for the band pack) in a tweed suit selling at a table at the flea market! No! Just No! She'd never wear a pink tweed suit!

It's kind of like what you are saying about your homeless guy. We create sims because we have a vision of how we see the world we are creating and how they will all inter-relate as content comes.....but THIS game? They don't care about that because they are creating THEIR world using OUR sims to do it.

And then they wonder why we can't get immersed in the game. Or why we have issues. All they do with each pack or update, is make it worse.

I don't know how the majority play. Do they all just make a single family and play on the home lot and never go anywhere to actually see what this game is doing? When you play rotational, you see it every time you play, and every time you switch a household and play a different one.

I think you have the nail on the head here. I've thought for a long time the game does exactly that. Look at how there's a bar on nearly every lot, look at how every park must contain a chess board. When building you have to have certain criteria for lot types, I.e park has a chess board. Even that's controlled. I think it's so sims will swarm to it to give the appearance of being busy.

I don't really have an empty lot problem in the sims 3. The lots may not be as busy as the sims 4 but my sims that are there are doing something, they aren't just back ground decoration having meaningless conversations.

Urgh your poor rocker chick. If I remember correctly I think the game did the same to one of my nobles in the Royal kingdom challenge. She wasn't supposed to have a job and the game made her a bar tender. All I'll say is that doesn't happen in my sims 2 RK challenge.

I'm not sure how the majority play but playing rotational is awful in this game, the second you rotate you give licence to the game to mess with what is your sims. Sad really.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @SkyeChimes
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    ... Granted NONE of these fashion disaster pics you've posted of night club wear are as horrifying as what the festivals were generating, it's still a problem. ...
    i think it's only because i don't have CL & also no Vampires & several of the other packs, that reduces probably the fashion disasters a lot

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017

No, it’s their response to the endless complaints about that, thinking they had solved that - by making sims spawn to lots as soon as your sim goes there - but apparently it wasn’t enough so they figured they had to really ‘fix’ that this time around. The thing is, they had. Lots in Sims 3 aren’t empty and sims in 3 in fact are very active there. Lots in Sims 3 are much more fun than lots in Sims 4. Much more variety. And yes, I realize that’s my computer, but it’s 2017 and Sims 3 is a 2009 game. I’m convinced they can do a lot better by now. They chose not to however, they decided to go the easy way.

ETA, example, my game the other day (I'll post it as a spoiler, just for people interested):
    My sim arrives at the festival. Nobody there (in this case, quite often there are already sims present because they start going there as soon as I order my sim; when they are closer to the lot they’re there earlier).

B6AUgZu.png

After a couple of minutes sims start arriving. He even reacts to that (looking at them).

kduRFQq.png

He continues performing.

eFUd3lx.png

And they come over to follow his act, donating some money after a while.

AQNyBqe.png

More 'people' arrive. My sim, a coward, faints.

Wm6wz2T.png

Which triggers the others to go do something else (by now there were more people than those three btw).

Jtw1q4i.png

My sim recovers and I make him pick up his act again. A woman passes by and she does something to us somehow. The way she looks? The way she dresses? No idea.

BCR9YEt.png

FexbPoC.png

N1sLzae.png

nMGEQqR.png

AbAx59Y.png

Then this spontaneous action.

upvecWV.png

And this. Apparently (wiki told me later) she's a flirt.

ogH0fIf.png

A late afternoon in the city and my whole plan - if I even had one - is changed/influenced/teased. In the background by the way two former roommates of mine that never got along very well (reason: opposite traits). As you can see they still don't get along very well. That's a community lot in Sims 3.

Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Rukola_Schaaf, same here, and you're right. the lack of choice makes everyone look the same, though. same hats, bracelets, tights and socks, etc.
    and there's random hairstyles for the fortunate ones who don't get a hat. i saw a Leia 'do on my previously red-headed Sim. yaay. *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    @Rukola_Schaaf, same here, and you're right. the lack of choice makes everyone look the same, though. same hats, bracelets, tights and socks, etc.
    and there's random hairstyles for the fortunate ones who don't get a hat. i saw a Leia 'do on my previously red-headed Sim. yaay. *rolls eyes*

yes, the Leia hair chosen as "hat", had that today too

i am playing atm my scientist & he can use the SimRay to make sims change their clothes
    it's cumbersome though :tongue:

2zjkf8x.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    i'm loving the blue-haired Sim! (there's another one there feeling the same way...)
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    For anyone who uses MCCC: if you go to MC Cheats (either by clicking on a mailbox or by pressing ctr, shift, c and typing in MC_cheats (or something like that, I forgot the actual code so I might be wrong here)), you can change the outfits of all Sims on the active lot. I haven't tried this out yet since I just bought C&D and have been focusing on that lately, but I'm feeling positive about this one lol. Of course it's no solution, and it's likely that Sims who initially showed up in these ridiculous clothes will still show up in the same clothes at other venues later - after I changed the outfit of my Sim as I showed in my original post, he had his party outfit on at the nightclub; when I spotted him at the gym a few days later, however, he was again wearing that same nightclub outfit he originally wore - but at least it provides a partial fix. How extremely sucky that we have to rely on modders to fix problems like these because the devs either can't seem to fix them or won't, as in this case. :expressionless: But also, thank god for these modders. I don't know what I would've done without them.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    As someone who puts a lot of time into customizing outfits in CAS, I'm with you 100%, OP. Either let us use the outfit types that we're given in CAS, or add more customizable categories in CAS for special contexts (same thing, but broader category choice versus not broader).

Cause it defeats the point of being able to customize a character's look if they ignore the look you gave them and go for something else. I mean, they have a Party category for clothing. Why isn't that used?

Sorry devs. Love your passion, but this is a game where player choice is supposed to be important. I don't understand the reasoning going on here at all.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I agree with OP. just wanted to bump this thread. really one of the annoying things in game.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    If they really want to keep situational outfits, I know of one way to fix them: Allow only clothing from the full body category, no accessories, and allow only appropriate shoes. While it still would be annoying seeing your own sims which you spent time making their outfits perfect for them, at least we would all be spared knee socks plus high heels plus gym shorts plus a sweater plus glasses and a top hat.

In clubs, I quit using the color theme uniform after Nancy Landgrabb showed up in a bikini bottom and formal shirt. Maxis should know by now that they can't do this well for whatever reason, so should either just quit adding situations or make it impossible for the situational outfit to be that bad.
  • Options
    MickCasanovaMickCasanova Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > It really makes me wonder if MC Command Center can fix it, why can't Maxis? It seems not only should Maxis be able to fix it, but they should be able to do it more cleanly. Maybe their coders should ask Deaderpool for tips :/

Unfortunately, MCCC doesn't fix it. I made mention of it to Deaderpool, and they're going to look into it. But they're swamped right now tring to fix all the broken stuff at the moment.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm experiencing all of the weird outfits in nightclubs, but I'm also finding teenagers and children appearing at the nightclub frequently. This never happened to me pre-patch. I'd like to be able to choose for them to visit if I want, but I don't like them appearing autonomously.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or just the clothing glitch?
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm experiencing all of the weird outfits in nightclubs, but I'm also finding teenagers and children appearing at the nightclub frequently. This never happened to me pre-patch. I'd like to be able to choose for them to visit if I want, but I don't like them appearing autonomously.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or just the clothing glitch?

I've not seen this but I have had my child sims invited to nightclubs to play hooky with. I'm also noticing children spawning at the park through the night when usually through the night parks would be very quiet.