Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Also saw the 'fix a problem' excuse. Since commenting was available, left one there along the lines that one does not fix a problem by making it worse. If they genuinely wanted to fix 'inappropriate' attire then all then needed to do was have sims arrive in their already designated party outfits, probably a variant on what we use when we click on a sim to change outfits. Have come to the conclusion that it's more a matter of were they thinking rather than what were they thinking. Same applies to their idea of nightclubs being an appropriate place for kids.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Right! It was said by that Robo account on EA's site that it was intentional as it was a fix for Sims not showing up in the right outfits at certain venues. But how is this a fix? They're still not showing up in right outfits imo. I'd much rather they showed up in their everyday clothing than this mess. Of course I'd like for them to be in their party outfits, but if this is the alternative then please give me back the everyday clothing they used to wear.

What they've done is called a "Fix"??

When this game came out my sims were changing in to their proper outfits and dressing up accordingly. This mess only started with City Living and festivals and them setting up some kind of dress code for that.

Just get rid of that dang coding! Altogether! And set it back up to the original way it was.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I was using a little laptop a few days ago that I almost never play games on because it's so small and I decided to update The Sims to the Cats & Dogs patch. It had been over a year since I played TS4 on it, so after I installed the patch it started downloading the DLC I've bought since I last played on it, Vampires and City Living. I let it install Vampires, but stopped it from installing City Living.

When I played, there were no funky outfits anywhere. Not on sims walking by in any world, including Forgotten Hollow, and none at the nightclubs. I just tested it again to be sure. I sent my sim to a nightclub, a lounge, and a bar, in 3 different worlds. No weird outfits.

I think the whole thing is a glitch that came with City Living and they've realized they can't fix it, so they just say it's by design instead of admitting they can't fix it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It's definitely related to city living. If you don't have City living the name generator doesn't give the same few names to every sim either. Will be interesting to see if the console gets this bug.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2017
    I remember looking through some screenshots from earlier this year, I want to say, May or June, and the Romance festival outfits weren't nearly as bad as they were back then as they were in recent months. I just don't understand why they intentionally forced this on clubgoers and considered this to be a "fix". It's like they've just decided to hit the club and skip the festival. Sometimes I do feel like removing CL but I often think about what things I like and would I miss them by uninstalling it. I like the food, I like the karaoke and I do like the festivals, just not all the nonsense that comes with it and the hideous attire.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i don't have CL & that's how it looks atm in my game
    the encircled sim is one of mine how he shouldn't be clothed in clubs

6z0dqh.jpg
    14derkh.jpg

in the second image the same sim of mine
    at the left his actual party clothes & at the right another random combo of his clubbing clothes

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf, i don't own CL either. the outfit insanity is new to me too.

(LOL at the second image--that Sim lady doesn't really approve!)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm going to use the houseparty option, call the club a house, move someone there where he can invite who he wants. This should keep out the creatures.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I'm going to use the houseparty option, call the club a house, move someone there where he can invite who he wants. This should keep out the creatures.

I was also planning on using the house party more since one of my Sims needs to finish that Party Animal aspiration anyway, but of course the November patch also caused parties to be bugged. Couldn't have been any other way. :expressionless:

You can still use that option, though. There's a bug with players being unable to complete the "Have X Sims do ... Y times" tasks so if you just play without those tasks, you'll be fine. I'm bummed out because I need to be able to complete those tasks to get gold at parties and complete that darned aspiration. Am not very happy with the Sims Team right now to say the least, hehehe.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Okay, I am like 90% with you OP, the problem is ... I DO care about the festivals. I use them a lot, and not only that, even when I didn't use them, once the message popped up that the festival was in town, I would start seeing sims in festival generated clothing wandering around the world.
    Oh, hanging out at the ruins in Windenburg instead of going to the festival? BAM five townies wearing tights, socks, gloves, bracelets, rings on every finger, and that LLAMAMAN hat, show up. The festival outfits were (with the exception of Geekcon) mostly just using color filters, and mostly the festival wear wasn't that bad, a few, questionable choices here and there, but you DO see that in real life when people try to dress for something outside their usual style, and once festivals were over, the sims changed back into their usual clothes. But once sims started desperately filling every accessory slot, and pulling from the costume category to do so, and then NEVER changing back into their own clothes unless requested to do so, it became a bad glitch that seriously disturbed many. Oh, taking a romantic screenshot of a proposal? Who's that blinded out guy in the hooded cloak hat, suit jacket, shorts, and ripped zombie tights? Oh he's from a festival? What festival, there hasn't been a festival in two days!
    It was a serious problem for many players. And I was glad to see it in the patch notes.

HOWEVER, moving the problem to night club /dance parties isn't a real fix. Granted NONE of these fashion disaster pics you've posted of night club wear are as horrifying as what the festivals were generating, it's still a problem. I was one of the people whose sims were NOT changing into lot specific attire (a separate and longer standing issue from the festival glitch) - fancy restaurant set to formal wear? Everyone is in everyday wear. Night club? Everyone is in everyday wear. NPC's would change, so bartenders / caterers / restaurant staff/ dj's etc would be dressed correctly but other sims, both townies, my own, played and unplayed, would not. So that needed to be fixed as well - however FORCING sims into weird auto generated outfits, is not a fix, and I for one, would prefer my sims continue to show up at parties and formal events in jeans and everyday outfits that I at least choose for them, for a while longer while a real fix is created, then have them show up in a random autogenerated outfit that may have had the right tags to be acceptable to a computer, but that certainly aren't acceptable to people with eyeballs.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    Okay, I am like 90% with you OP, the problem is ... I DO care about the festivals. I use them a lot, and not only that, even when I didn't use them, once the message popped up that the festival was in town, I would start seeing sims in festival generated clothing wandering around the world.
    Oh, hanging out at the ruins in Windenburg instead of going to the festival? BAM five townies wearing tights, socks, gloves, bracelets, rings on every finger, and that LLAMAMAN hat, show up. The festival outfits were (with the exception of Geekcon) mostly just using color filters, and mostly the festival wear wasn't that bad, a few, questionable choices here and there, but you DO see that in real life when people try to dress for something outside their usual style, and once festivals were over, the sims changed back into their usual clothes. But once sims started desperately filling every accessory slot, and pulling from the costume category to do so, and then NEVER changing back into their own clothes unless requested to do so, it became a bad glitch that seriously disturbed many. Oh, taking a romantic screenshot of a proposal? Who's that blinded out guy in the hooded cloak hat, suit jacket, shorts, and ripped zombie tights? Oh he's from a festival? What festival, there hasn't been a festival in two days!
    It was a serious problem for many players. And I was glad to see it in the patch notes.

HOWEVER, moving the problem to night club /dance parties isn't a real fix. Granted NONE of these fashion disaster pics you've posted of night club wear are as horrifying as what the festivals were generating, it's still a problem. I was one of the people whose sims were NOT changing into lot specific attire (a separate and longer standing issue from the festival glitch) - fancy restaurant set to formal wear? Everyone is in everyday wear. Night club? Everyone is in everyday wear. NPC's would change, so bartenders / caterers / restaurant staff/ dj's etc would be dressed correctly but other sims, both townies, my own, played and unplayed, would not. So that needed to be fixed as well - however FORCING sims into weird auto generated outfits, is not a fix, and I for one, would prefer my sims continue to show up at parties and formal events in jeans and everyday outfits that I at least choose for them, for a while longer while a real fix is created, then have them show up in a random autogenerated outfit that may have had the right tags to be acceptable to a computer, but that certainly aren't acceptable to people with eyeballs.

I'm not saying that I didn't care at all about that festival outfits glitch - I hated it, but with MCCC there was such an easy fix. You just go to situational outfits, and select everyday or party clothing for these festivals and you're done. Therefore, it never bothered me much and it wasn't as in-your-face as this issue is for me. Nightclubs or parties, however, aren't listed in the situational outfits categories, so I don't know how to avert this fashion disaster there. :sweat_smile:

I'm 100% with you on the second part. I love the fact that I now see formal outfits at lounges, for example, which I didn't see before on my Sims/premades visiting. But if that means having these abominable outfits at parties and nightclubs.... no thanks. In that case, I'd much rather sacrifice those formal outfits and have the everyday outfits back. I read somewhere that it's possible to blacklist certain items using MCCC... so I'm thinking of blacklisting all hats and glasses in the hopes of making the whole thing look at least a little less circus-y. No idea how that all works, though, as I only started using MCCC about a month ago... but I really, really can't stand seeing my poor Sims like this. This is the term fashion victim taken to a whole new level lol.

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    I've not had any reply from the Gurus on Twitter. I appreciate they are busy.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2017
    Why. WHY are situation outfits a thing at all? There's a way to disable these entirely, right? Just outright block them from the game?

Like, why the heck should they wear "situation" outfits at the night club when the PARTY outfits, which we chose OURSELVES, already exist???
    I mean, what do you do at a night club? That's right, you party. You don't "situation" there. You party.

Also, why do the townies need to wear different outfits at the festivals, while your sim just shows up all normal-looking, like they didn't get the memo? I want my sims to cosplay at geek-con too, haha. But that's really the only one that should have a different outfit at all. Why does the romance festival need different outfits? What's the point?

And supposedly this is all by design? What the heck. That's terrible design. This is The Sims!!! The players are supposed to be in control here. They probably didn't think this through at all. :|

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Why. WHY are situation outfits a thing at all? There's a way to disable these entirely, right? Just outright block them from the game?

Like, why the heck should they wear "situation" outfits at the night club when the PARTY outfits, which we chose OURSELVES, already exist???
    I mean, what do you do at a night club? That's right, you party. You don't "situation" there. You party.

Also, why do the townies need to wear different outfits at the festivals, while your sim just shows up all normal-looking, like they didn't get the memo? I want my sims to cosplay at geek-con too, haha. But that's really the only one that should have a different outfit at all. Why does the romance festival need different outfits? What's the point?

And supposedly this is all by design? What the heck. That's terrible design. This is The Sims!!! The players are supposed to be in control here. They probably didn't think this through at all. :|

Amen. If there is a way to disable them please enlighten me. I know how to block festival outfits, but no idea how to get rid of these nightclub outfits. :(

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It really makes me wonder if MC Command Center can fix it, why can't Maxis? It seems not only should Maxis be able to fix it, but they should be able to do it more cleanly. Maybe their coders should ask Deaderpool for tips :/
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    It really makes me wonder if MC Command Center can fix it, why can't Maxis? It seems not only should Maxis be able to fix it, but they should be able to do it more cleanly. Maybe their coders should ask Deaderpool for tips :/

My thoughts exactly !
    Or at least that were my thoughts. I changed my mind. They should pay him or better hire him. He is a game saver. Without him, this game is unplayable.
    Just read his recent patch notes. He still fix Maxis bugs !
    I'm so angry ! I love this game and after the toddler patch and parenthood, I started to have faith again. I really thought they listen and care about the players (CUSTOMERS !!! WE PAY FOR THAT GAME !!!) And after my PC broke I wanted to buy everything for the console, meaning everything twice.

Now not anymore. I lost my faith again. And until Maxis finally wake up and realize, that they develop this game for CUSTOMERS, who PAY for it and NOT for themselves and not just for their own entertainment and their "funny" humor, I won't spend a single Euro.

Again and again and again : I want to play a sims game MY WAY and not THEIR WAY !

Sorry for my rant. I'm just angry and very, very disappointed. :'(
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @MidnightAura i hope you get a reply soon. -_-
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @lottevdbrug ah! That makes sense - I play completely vanilla, no mods or CC (even McCC), so the festivals were more of an issue as that fix wasn't an option for me. I don't hate mods, but they just seem like a lot of effort. I have considered MCCC before, maybe someday I will sit down and go through all the options and modules and install it.

I agree, I enjoy them wearing the appropriate category for the setting, but I also would prefer they held off on fixing that if it was only going to break nightclubs and dance parties. And I agree with @Magdaleena that situational outfits for nightclubs seem unnecary when we have party outfits. And if you have chosen to dress your sim in a costume or for a child's birthday party in the party category - well at least it was YOUR choice and probably suits the character of that particular sim, after all not everybody dresses like a ...professional of ill repute... to go to a club, and a sim in a modest party outfit would still bother me less than a sim in a poorly coordinated outfit I didn't choose!

@SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin can we get confirmation as to whether the strange outfits at nightclubs/ dance parties, including continued abuse of the accessory slots, is a bug or working as intended? If situtional outfits in these scenarios are as intended can we offer two pieces of feedback? 1. Accessory slots are still being overused and this can not be intentional, every sim does not need to wear a hat, and glasses, and etc. 2. Situational outfits for dance parties / night clubs are not the desirable state for many players, please consider changing it.
  • Options
    angelw744angelw744 Posts: 19 Member
    Anyone else have sims that leave for work in their allocated outfits, then come home in something ridiculous ? I once had a sim come home from work in a backwards baseball cap and a formal gown !!
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    I haven't noticed this yet.. Haven't done much clubbing with 2 new toddlers in the house (it's a long story) But I was wondering how you all feel about not being able to change their work attire? Does this fall under that same category? I mean normally the work attire is tasteful and realistic, but it doesn't fit the personality of some of my Sims, and I do wish I could change it in probably 75% of all my Sims.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ugg, I'm so sick of this! It's not even NPCs anymore, last night my sim went to a nightclub & the weirdly dressed ones were from my own households, the NPCs actually looked normal. What's the point of having CAS if the games just going to change their clothes?

I'm sick of the cosplay club, too. I don't even like Star Wars. In fact I'm hating it worse & worse every time I see someone show up to a lot in a Darth Maul mask or Princess Leia hair. We need a block option on CAS so no one, not even NPCs can wear clothing or hair we don't want, or an option to delete those items from the game altogether.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish we could delete clothes we don't like from CAS. All those clown outfits from City Life would be gone.
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I wish we could delete clothes we don't like from CAS. All those clown outfits from City Life would be gone.

I know what you mean!

Still no reply from twitter. I think it just got lost in all the tweets they will receive. Nick is usually quite good at responding but with all the issues of late I'm not too surprised my tweet has got lost.

Maybe it is intentional now. This game feels less like mine every day.