Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why oh why are they always in the red?

My dog seems to constantly be afraid of something, and wont use the dog door to relieve himself. And my stray cat I just adopted seems to be having issues figuring out how to use the litter box and is often in the red as well. And no... I don't have any cc. Just kind of frustrating that I can't even figure out whats wrong aside from asking whats wrong. "Biscuit seems to be afraid of something. He just needs to collect himself." Is not informative.

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Same with my cat and dog, they are constantly afraid and it says it will take some time to calm down. It's been days now. Also I have to keep telling my dogs to go use the potty otherwise they won't do it which is annoying. :D
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Did you guys went to the vet and gave your pets a "premptive shoot"?
  • VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    I did with my dog. Not my cat yet.

And agreed kittymeow, days!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Premptive shoot makes tehm fearful forever, so you might want to reload the save BEFORE getting to the vet.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Adult dogs have to learn to go outside so it takes at least several times of asking them to go potty for them to learn. You may be able to use testing cheats to remove quirks.
  • VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    Oh man. I didn't know that! I'll start over with the dog, which is sad to say.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    My dog was fine until I gave her a wellness treat. Then she was alway uncomfortable and afraid. Then, I took her to the Vet for a preemptive shot. So ... oh, plumb.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Oh man, I got it as well. And I've already saved...

Do you think it will go away if you repair your game?
  • mitmitmitmit Posts: 2 New Member
    I had the same problem and I solved it by taking the dog for a jog for a few rounds. I noticed that it's back to normal green. I think if you leave pets unattended for awhile, they get scared of everything around them and you have to take them outside for some period of time. I also paid attention to my dog that she wanted to be taken out for a walk or a jog (the on leash image on her thought bubble) and I went for a jog with her for a while until it's green again.
  • mitmitmitmit Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, encourage her to do her business while jogging... It seems to work for me..
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    its a bug that has been with C&D for 10 Months
  • Natty2909Natty2909 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hiya guys and gals. I started having this problem too. I am a fan of mods, but not sure if this is the problem. I've read a few posts and it seems more like an in game problem. How I solved it though is.... Download pregnancy mega mod ( which I downloaded a while ago for other reasons.) Anyway in this new update you get the option to clear buffs. Now when you select the dog it seems to select your last played SIM as well as your dog. So it looks like you might reset all for your SIM. This shouldn't happen as I just tested it. My make Sims buffs stayed in tact where as my dog went from red, white a s then green AGAIN! YAY! he's been on red for DAYS!!! anyway... This worked for me. Give it a try. I can't post the link, so look for pregnancy mega mod file arturlwww
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Same is happening to me. I haven't been playing for a few months, played 2 days ago o really about 15 minutes. I noticed my sim dog Ben was in the red, today I was able to play for about 30 minutes. I asked the infamous "What's wrong?" only to get he was afraid. I tried brushing, playing, the hug, take a walk, I even took him to the dog park, only to have him afraid of the dog trying course. I'm like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is wrong?! I really DONT want to uninstall & reinstall AGAIN!
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!