Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can’t eat!

13...Next

Comments

• AngrybirdAngrybird Posts: 9 New Member
    After installing cats and dogs my sims have this issue. They take food from the fridge, cook it and when they try to take a portion they drop the food on the floor and stand in a T-position for a second. What I do to keep my sims alive is I take them to a nearby park to grill and eat. Tough times... :D Another problem came along with the expansion and that is that I can't order service anywhere else but in Brindleton Bay. In other places same T-position happens. It's frustrating to get disappointed every single time new pack gets released and they're always somehow broken.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Good Heavens! This has elements of the post patch bugs plaguing Vampires. All seem to revolve around Basic Needs: eating and sleeping for "normal sims;" and for the Undead, unexplained loss of experience points and traits resulting in rapid energy depletion, loss of Odorless Ability (don't ask. lol), and numerous Deaths by Sun Exposure. There are other issues with Vampires but these seem to overlap slightly those in this thread, since Eating and the Sun Immunity Skill have life and death consequences if suddenly lost. And also, as I have read in the posts above, the problems are not limited to players using mods and ccs.

All of this suggests some large underlying problem in the game's primary code that affects every player differently depending on what content they have installed. Vampire issues seem to be rapidly mutating almost like a virus IRL. It's creepy. One day Vampires can no longer crush crystals to extract minerals and elements. The next, garlic no longer protects mortal Sims from attacks. But not every player experiences these things.

Keep a close watch on your Sims' behavior. Make lists of glitches and hiccups to report to the gurus. I haven't purchased the Pets EP yet, and so far, my game is running well. Only NPC and Townie Sims appear to having trouble. Especially the Vampires. But if everybody pulls together and sends technical reports to the Devs, these problems will get fixed much faster than if we suffer in silence.

Good luck and happy Simming :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Angrybird wrote: »
    After installing cats and dogs my sims have this issue. They take food from the fridge, cook it and when they try to take a portion they drop the food on the floor and stand in a T-position for a second. What I do to keep my sims alive is I take them to a nearby park to grill and eat. Tough times... :D Another problem came along with the expansion and that is that I can't order service anywhere else but in Brindleton Bay. In other places same T-position happens. It's frustrating to get disappointed every single time new pack gets released and they're always somehow broken.

Hello @Angrybird
    There has been a lot of cc furniture items broken as a result of the recent patches and new ep pack. These items have been causing the eating issue. Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds, cc sofas/love seats and cc outdoor benches (2 and 3 seaters), and 6-seat dining tables.
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open (register with the site first before accessing the page )
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

• woodybell909woodybell909 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did the batch fix for my sofas and beds and got the whole “scan fixed” message but when I go in game and place a cc bed I still get the error message and the bed disappears... but when I go to manage worlds and back to the household the bed appears.... has anyone had this problem?
  • tellmeastory95tellmeastory95 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Angrybird
    > There has been a lot of cc furniture items broken as a result of the recent patches and new ep pack. These items have been causing the eating issue. Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds, cc sofas/love seats and cc outdoor benches (2 and 3 seaters), and 6-seat dining tables.

> After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

I did everything this way, and still my sims don't eat or sleep and my toddler can't go to a restaurant to eat all the time. Should we wait for another update?
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Angrybird
    > There has been a lot of cc furniture items broken as a result of the recent patches and new ep pack. These items have been causing the eating issue. Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds, cc sofas/love seats and cc outdoor benches (2 and 3 seaters), and 6-seat dining tables.

> After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

I did everything this way, and still my sims don't eat or sleep and my toddler can't go to a restaurant to eat all the time. Should we wait for another update?

Hello
    With your sims not sleeping, it may be caused by pets that you have in the home making noises whilst the sims are trying to sleep. Lecturing the pets has helped other simmers with this issue .
    With your sims not eating, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

• tellmeastory95tellmeastory95 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow said:

Hello
    With your sims not sleeping, it may be caused by pets that you have in the home making noises whilst the sims are trying to sleep. Lecturing the pets has helped other simmers with this issue .
    With your sims not eating, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

I have been playing with that sim family for a while, they don't have pets, but the glitches started when I downloaded the Dogs and Cats pack. I also cleaned the mods folder with the s4s app and still don't want to eat
    @rosemow said:

Hello

I have been playing with that sim family for a while, they don't have pets, but the glitches started when I downloaded the Dogs and Cats pack. I also cleaned the mods folder with the s4s app and still don't want to eat

Hello @tellmeastory95
    If you haven’t already done this , try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
    Mods may still be causing issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Liz51Liz51 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Angrybird said:
    > After installing cats and dogs my sims have this issue. They take food from the fridge, cook it and when they try to take a portion they drop the food on the floor and stand in a T-position for a second. What I do to keep my sims alive is I take them to a nearby park to grill and eat. Tough times... :D Another problem came along with the expansion and that is that I can't order service anywhere else but in Brindleton Bay. In other places same T-position happens. It's frustrating to get disappointed every single time new pack gets released and they're always somehow broken.
  • Liz51Liz51 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem with my sims, they can make food but won't eat it & also put it on the floor. someone said it maybe because you have these files in your mod folder...(.banc.package, banc2.package, banc3.package. ),( mods/cc? I), but i don't have any of those type of files in my mods folder, so i am not sure what the problem is, i on;y had this problem when i downloaded cats & dogs,so it is frustrating.
    Liz51 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem with my sims, they can make food but won't eat it & also put it on the floor. someone said it maybe because you have these files in your mod folder...(.banc.package, banc2.package, banc3.package. ),( mods/cc? I), but i don't have any of those type of files in my mods folder, so i am not sure what the problem is, i on;y had this problem when i downloaded cats & dogs,so it is frustrating.

Hello
    This can be caused by cc futniture that were broken by the recent game patches.

Sims 4 Studio tool has now updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patch
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • perfectvelvetsperfectvelvets Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same problem, my sims have the interaction to make and get food but they stop halfway in, they start cooking then just stop. When I get them to eat leftovers or quick meals they sit but just don't eat the food. I don't use any cc objects and the only mod I use is MCC
    I'm having the same problem, my sims have the interaction to make and get food but they stop halfway in, they start cooking then just stop. When I get them to eat leftovers or quick meals they sit but just don't eat the food. I don't use any cc objects and the only mod I use is MCC

Hello @perfectvelvets

Try rearranging the furniture around in your kitchen and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free counter space. Remove any hanging overhead items that may be causing issues in the room,

If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • perfectvelvetsperfectvelvets Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > perfectvelvets wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having the same problem, my sims have the interaction to make and get food but they stop halfway in, they start cooking then just stop. When I get them to eat leftovers or quick meals they sit but just don't eat the food. I don't use any cc objects and the only mod I use is MCC
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @perfectvelvets
    >
    > Try rearranging the furniture around in your kitchen and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free counter space. Remove any hanging overhead items that may be causing issues in the room,
    >
    > If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

I tried doing everything you said and it didn't do the trick, but it turns out that the MCC had stopped them from eating so I redownloaded that and it's working perfectly fine now! Thanks for the the advice, I'll use it whenever a future issue comes up.
    > @rosemow said:
    > perfectvelvets wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having the same problem, my sims have the interaction to make and get food but they stop halfway in, they start cooking then just stop. When I get them to eat leftovers or quick meals they sit but just don't eat the food. I don't use any cc objects and the only mod I use is MCC
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @perfectvelvets
    >
    > Try rearranging the furniture around in your kitchen and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free counter space. Remove any hanging overhead items that may be causing issues in the room,
    >
    > If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

I tried doing everything you said and it didn't do the trick, but it turns out that the MCC had stopped them from eating so I redownloaded that and it's working perfectly fine now! Thanks for the the advice, I'll use it whenever a future issue comes up.

Hello :) It is great that your issue has been fixed :)
  • HR2012TPAHR2012TPA Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm glad I came across this discussion, because I just purchased and downloaded Cats & Dogs and encountered the same issue initially. After backing up my mods and removing the cc sofas, most everything appears to be normal again. Will have to look out for future patches and make sure they don't mess up my cc though.
    HR2012TPA wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm glad I came across this discussion, because I just purchased and downloaded Cats & Dogs and encountered the same issue initially. After backing up my mods and removing the cc sofas, most everything appears to be normal again. Will have to look out for future patches and make sure they don't mess up my cc though.

Hello @HR2012TPA
    Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix and other batch fixes that are there.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @HR2012TPA
    Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix and other batch fixes that are there.

Posting to say a HUGE 'thank you' for this! I've been playing without my mods and cc ever since Cats & Dogs came out and I've been missing the sims in my cc game so much, but they were going to starve to death if I kept playing with them, lol. S4S worked perfectly (I've never used it before but it was so easy!) and I found some other cool stuff over there, too. Thanks @rosemow ! :)

KGLsNuM.jpg
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @HR2012TPA

Posting to say a HUGE 'thank you' for this! I've been playing without my mods and cc ever since Cats & Dogs came out and I've been missing the sims in my cc game so much, but they were going to starve to death if I kept playing with them, lol. S4S worked perfectly (I've never used it before but it was so easy!) and I found some other cool stuff over there, too. Thanks @rosemow ! :)

You’re welcome :)
  • LazzzzLazzzz Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="luthienrising;c-16152292"]Pull out CC sofas. [/quote]

Youu areeee theee besttt
  • SarahRSSarahRS Posts: 19 Member
    I have this issue with every household I put into 1 house. No cc fridge.
  • SarahRSSarahRS Posts: 19 Member
    I am running a batch fix, now. I really hope this works.