Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In The Rose Garden ~ Concluded

Comments

• AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Chapter XIX posted. I've been too tired lately to think up a Sims-Version of the war and what countries would be fighting, so please forgive me for the vagueness of it ;;
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Ha, I always gloss over exact geography and stuff when necessary too. To be honest, I didn't notice any omissions at all! The war is the most important part, not the names of the countries involved.

I'm so worried for everyone. :'(
    uduVcAP.png
  • GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    I shared this with my friend and she could not stop reading! There is just something about your screenshots and the words you choose that is addicting... like a good chocolate or drink.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    @flutegirl_132 Oh my goodness, @LadyLobster linked me here and I am beyond impressed. Yours is one of the most well-written Sim stories I have found recently and I'm hooked. I am subscribing and following you--you are one to watch out for! ;)

KEEP IT UP! <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Another well written chapter!! I really want Cedric and Annette together!!! I hope he survives the war!!! Anxiously awaiting the next chapter!!!

Side note the outfits again just marvelous!!! It really helps to get you into the story!
    GrandRail wrote: »
    I shared this with my friend and she could not stop reading! There is just something about your screenshots and the words you choose that is addicting... like a good chocolate or drink.

Aaaah, thank you so much! That really means a lot to me, because I tend to worry that my screenshots and word choice could always be so much better! and being compared to anything chocolate is a huge honor *_*
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    @flutegirl_132 Oh my goodness, @LadyLobster linked me here and I am beyond impressed. Yours is one of the most well-written Sim stories I have found recently and I'm hooked. I am subscribing and following you--you are one to watch out for! ;)

KEEP IT UP! <3

:D Thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! And thank you @LadyLobster for sharing my story!
    This is all super encouraging and makes me eager to get back in game and continue!
    Another well written chapter!! I really want Cedric and Annette together!!! I hope he survives the war!!! Anxiously awaiting the next chapter!!!

Side note the outfits again just marvelous!!! It really helps to get you into the story!

It'll probably be a few chapters until we find out if he survives, but i'm glad to see some Cedric/Annette love! It's been a back and forth battle trying to decide if they should or shouldn't end up together, but the war might affect that decision.

And I'm glad you're liking the outfits! They're so much fun to play with! I'm actually pretty excited to get into the 1920's just for the fashion xD
    Your story deserves more love, and I'm so glad to see it getting some. <3 I just had to share it!
    uduVcAP.png
    I decided to add a section to my blog with links to my other stories, even though they're both on hold right now. At least one of them I intend to finish eventually; the other I'm not so sure. It's cringe-worthy lol
    Your story deserves more love, and I'm so glad to see it getting some. <3 I just had to share it!

<3<3<3

That means so much to me!!
    edited December 2017
    New chapter posted!
    There are some mildly suggestive screenshots, but that's about it; if that's something of concern to anyone c;

And please ignore any weird spacing in the post. For some reason the formatting got weird in places and I couldn't fix it.
    I liked the screenshots. >:)

And I think there was only odd spacing in one place, but it was a good break point! WP can be very irritating sometimes...sometimes the only way I can fix something is by going into the HTML tab instead of the visual one when I'm editing the post.
    uduVcAP.png
    @flutegirl_132 @LadyLobster
    Even though I have a Wordpress, I've never posted anything so I haven't run into something like this yet, but, I would try out Lady's suggestion in editing it in the HTML view if you haven't already. I'm hoping it works and helps. I do agree though, it is in the perfect place for a break!

We were warned on the screenshots and no one can say they weren't. I rather liked them, they set the mood. B)

I'm a fickle creature, at first I had my doubts and wanted to shy away from the Cedric/Annette, but now? I find it rather sweet and endearing... Maybe it's the prospect of war? I grow worried at the thought of who might die with this upcoming war... but who is to say that the death will be the direct result of the war, hmm? Could it be possible that Lady Kathleen slips into a depression only to come out of it as a woman full of scorn? Is their wrath and hellfire in Roderick's future? She needs vengeance and a faithful man in her life!
    I liked the screenshots. >:)

And I think there was only odd spacing in one place, but it was a good break point! WP can be very irritating sometimes...sometimes the only way I can fix something is by going into the HTML tab instead of the visual one when I'm editing the post.

Thank you for that tip! I'm not very savvy with this sort of thing, lol!
    @flutegirl_132 @LadyLobster
    Even though I have a Wordpress, I've never posted anything so I haven't run into something like this yet, but, I would try out Lady's suggestion in editing it in the HTML view if you haven't already. I'm hoping it works and helps. I do agree though, it is in the perfect place for a break!

We were warned on the screenshots and no one can say they weren't. I rather liked them, they set the mood. B)

I'm a fickle creature, at first I had my doubts and wanted to shy away from the Cedric/Annette, but now? I find it rather sweet and endearing... Maybe it's the prospect of war? I grow worried at the thought of who might die with this upcoming war... but who is to say that the death will be the direct result of the war, hmm? Could it be possible that Lady Kathleen slips into a depression only to come out of it as a woman full of scorn? Is their wrath and hellfire in Roderick's future? She needs vengeance and a faithful man in her life!

It's okay, I had my doubts about Cedric and Annette as well, but I couldn't resist!
    And as for Lady Kathleen, I think she's too kind-hearted for that sort of vengeance, but in that era she could get her revenge easily by just letting the secret out. I'm pretty sure homosexual relationships between men were enough to get someone arrested for a few years in that time; curiously, lesbian relationships weren't regarded so badly.
    Ultimately I'm not sure what Kathleen will do, but you've given me some interesting possibilities to consider c;
    And as for Lady Kathleen, I think she's too kind-hearted for that sort of vengeance, but in that era she could get her revenge easily by just letting the secret out. I'm pretty sure homosexual relationships between men were enough to get someone arrested for a few years in that time; curiously, lesbian relationships weren't regarded so badly.

If she ends up depressed, being in such a mind-state can alter the personality drastically in some people. But, that'd throw everything through a couple of loops! Haha. :smile:

With everything I've seen or read, it seems like such an encounter with another woman is almost expected of the higher class of society around that time period. I don't actively hunt down such genres to read due to my personal preferences but they are not an unwelcome surprise. They mainly result in a "Oh yeah, I can totally see that happening!" response. Poor, poor lady-folk were so limited back then! Be this! Do that! You are not a man so you have no say in this matter! It's no wonder they sought out each others company during such times.

If she ends up depressed, being in such a mind-state can alter the personality drastically in some people. But, that'd throw everything through a couple of loops! Haha. :smile:

With everything I've seen or read, it seems like such an encounter with another woman is almost expected of the higher class of society around that time period. I don't actively hunt down such genres to read due to my personal preferences but they are not an unwelcome surprise. They mainly result in a "Oh yeah, I can totally see that happening!" response. Poor, poor lady-folk were so limited back then! Be this! Do that! You are not a man so you have no say in this matter! It's no wonder they sought out each others company during such times.

That's a good point about the depression, and that's something I've had first-hand experience with. Amelie is actually going through her own bit of depression, and I almost added more about that in this chapter. Decided against it this time, though.

If the research I've done is accurate, for most of those higher classes their marriage duty was simply to have an heir. And once that was finished it was almost expected for them to take lovers. I had some thoughts in mind already for Kathleen and Roderick, but again you keep giving me new thoughts to consider, which I really appreciate! <3
  • thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    She knows!!! Omg I wonder if she’ll ignore it and keep the secret and perhaps have a love affair of her own!? I don’t really get that vibe from her but you never know! I’m glad you’ll be focusing on some side characters during the war year I want to see more of the town!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Cedric & Annette ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Logged in at work to read this once I saw a new chapter I had to read!!! Going back now lol

Thanks for another great chapter I can’t wait to see what’s next!
  • DeverouxxxDeverouxxx Posts: 295 Member
    I just started and caught up with this, and it's so cute! I'm a sucker for the current era, clothes and social politics and all, and you're a lovely writer. Definitely following XD
    bannerleila.png
    She knows!!! Omg I wonder if she’ll ignore it and keep the secret and perhaps have a love affair of her own!? I don’t really get that vibe from her but you never know! I’m glad you’ll be focusing on some side characters during the war year I want to see more of the town!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Cedric & Annette ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Logged in at work to read this once I saw a new chapter I had to read!!! Going back now lol

Thanks for another great chapter I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Thank you! <3<3 I have some thoughts in mind for Kathleen, and the next chapter will touch a tiny bit more on her. Might not get it posted until after Christmas, though!
    Deverouxxx wrote: »
    I just started and caught up with this, and it's so cute! I'm a sucker for the current era, clothes and social politics and all, and you're a lovely writer. Definitely following XD

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it :D I'm a huge sucker for history, but since starting this challenge I've become enamored with this particular era!
    New chapter posted!

It's a very short one and for that I apologize! Originally I planned to make it much longer and have it focused on multiple side characters, but in the end decided they each deserve a little focus all on their own. Unfortunately that may make for shorter chapters, but we've got to drag the war years on a little bit somehow :p
    Loved this chapter as always! And it didn't feel too short--it felt an appropriate length to take a peek into Kathleen's life. I'm looking forward to each side character getting their own chapter, even if they're on the shorter side!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Nihel_JooberNihel_Joober Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys ! I know this is annoying but can you please subscribe to my sims 4 channel thank you so much It's called Nihel's World