Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2017
    suzses wrote: »
    @Kgaff Thank you :) I love your Chadwick - it's darling. I'm in awe of how you made those roof pieces work on such a small structure.

@Ciane Thank you a bunch, too. :)

@creativemetaphor Roam Sweet Roam is very clever and appealing. I can imagine it on a lot with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon. Love it. :)

@creativemetaphor and @suzses , I think we must have a hive mind. Check out what I built on a whim a couple weeks ago:

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Garden

2zUHsMU.jpg

Designed as a public lot for the development of "special" skills, it doesn't work as a residential lot because the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon is not allowed. I do plan on replacing the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon with cc so that I can play it as a residential in my own game.

Here's a link to it on my build page for anyone interested. link

Anyway, I'm STILL fighting this cold, although I'm starting to feel creative again. I found myself renovating an apartment in TS4 yesterday. Only to realize that it was way too small for my current Sim to move into. But I realize that I was basically building a tiny home of sorts. Because, really, how many people are living in spaces that small all over Manhattan, right?

Unfortunately, my eyes are blurry again, so don't know if I'll get to anything tonight. But still wanted to stop by.

@suzses, I love your Mocha Micro, but I don't see a download link. Did I miss it?

@kgaff, I love the exterior of Chadwick. And, looking through the pics, I never realized that Sims could actually use a corner counter for food prep. I always just thought it was a filler piece. That's something I'll keep in mind with apartment design as well.

@cwaddell, you have my deepest sympathies. I have had no less than 17 stones in my life, so I truly do feel your pain.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @creativemetaphor and @suzses , I think we must have a hive mind. Check out what I built on a whim a couple weeks ago:

@Jude525 That's just what I had in mind! Love it.

Re. the download link, I haven't gotten there yet but was planning to put it up. I had no simming computer for 6 months, and I've forgotten so much and need to find so much - like the little program I used to replace pictures on uploads.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member

@Jude525 That's just what I had in mind! Love it.

Re. the download link, I haven't gotten there yet but was planning to put it up. I had no simming computer for 6 months, and I've forgotten so much and need to find so much - like the little program I used to replace pictures on uploads.

http://www.zindasgoldensims.com/

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane Thank you so much <3 I was hoping someone would come to my rescue.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Jude525 :lol: hive mind indeed! That's awsome
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    Sorry about the kidney stones. YUK! I hope that is soon a faint memory! The detached garage idea is a great one!
    @cwaddell Ouch! :confounded: That's awful

I decided to do a new style today - a house that doesn't actually contain a house!

Roam Sweet Roam
    roam-sweet-roam-1.jpg
    @Jude525 and @cwaddell Sorry to hear you both aren't feeling well. :/ Hope you're both better very soon. <3
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @cwaddell, you have my deepest sympathies. I have had no less than 17 stones in my life, so I truly do feel your pain.

Thank you everyone for your kind sympathies. I've pretty much recovered from the kidney stone(s) and also the kidney stone surgery/manipulation (which was as bad). I did a lot of sitting, binge watching TV programs with the heating pad on while I had the pain. Now have to catch up on cooking, laundry, house cleaning and getting the house back together after the remodel so I have not gotten to Sims 3 yet. Love everyone's tiny builds.

@creativemetaphor I really like your not quite a house build. I have played a little in @Rflong7 's Isolation Isle and will probably try a similar tiny build there.

@Jude525 you have my sympathies. This was my second kidney stone and the pain was much worse than the first one. I'm definitely changing my diet and going to attempt to drink a lot more water and exercise more in the hopes of preventing another. Hope you don't have to go through the pain of another one either.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
    @cwaddell I was relatively lucky, all but one of those stones made it out without help. And usually within a few days. There are different types of stones, and mine were calcium/oxalate. The common belief is that the body releases calcium into the system during periods of stress. Well, I used to live in almost constant stress. But, as I've often shared in these forums, in my mid 40s I was diagnosed and treated for several mental illnesses and my life became immensely better. I believe the stress factor may be true, because I have not had a single stone in the 7 years since. Here's hoping that continues. (I've even let myself start eating spinach again. :D )
    aka Jude

My Studio

Wow, I didn't know about the connection between spinach and kidney stones.
    Something to do with providing the oxalates for my kind of stone.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 thanks for the info about stress. I didn't know that and I was under a lot of stress recently what with the remodel and staying up all night playing a more stressful game right before it happened :) .

I get the same kinds of kidney stones and I think my salt habit contributed to them.

Beside leafy green vegetables another source of oxalates is chocolate, which I overly indulged in recently.

One of my sister gets the other kind of stone, don't remember what it's called, because she eats too much meat.

Sorry to side track this wonderful thread. Just hope everyone in the US has a great holiday.

• snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2017
    Finally got one done! Put a few screens up at my new blog I'm using since photobucket. Now I have to figure out how to get them to post here. :)http://snowdovessims3space.blogspot.com/2017/11/bridge-view.html

link to house https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9162000

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Post edited by snowdove58 on
    edited November 2017
    That is awesome @snowdove58. I LOVE it! The corner fireplace, the big kitchen, the full bath, the balcony, the outside clothes line and pizza oven, and the cute gingerbread window effect and varied construction. It's awesome. It could have been a wee bit smaller, I think; but it's so very nice the way it is.

Oh, and just right click on a pic and choose "copy image location" to paste it into your comment here. I always have to add the img codes front and back of a link manually. The image button doesn't always work for me. (I don't know why.)
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Ciane, I saved your instructions from last time. glad they dont block you after too many edits. :) So many wonderful creations here. I was determined to use those roof pieces and it got bigger trying to fit them. :o
    snowdove58 wrote: »
    Ciane, I saved your instructions from last time. glad they dont block you after too many edits. :) So many wonderful creations here. I was determined to use those roof pieces and it got bigger trying to fit them. :o

I know how that goes! I too have had to bump up the layout space to get the roof I wanted.
    @snowdove58 How adorable! So unexpectedly spacious inside, too!
    You know I had to build another one. I really like this one too!

roof_up_original.jpg

More pics in the upload here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9162624
    edited November 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    You know I had to build another one. I really like this one too!

roof_up_original.jpg

More pics in the upload here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9162624

Ooh, I really like this one. Great as a small lot as is. It would also be great placed on a large lot and then modified in one of the front corners as a garage apartment or on one of the back corners as a guest house/pool house. (ETA: then have the big house built as the household gets more money.) Very versatile.
    edited November 2017
    @snowdove58 gave me a link to houseplans.com that had some cute tiny houses on it. I love recreating house plans and giving them my own SIMple twists, so I plan to make a couple of them. She also asked if basements are okay. The answer is YES! Basements are great ways to expand the living space without taking up land space on the ground level. Go for it!!! (I think I will too! :wink:)

@cwaddell - I'm glad you like that lot. I've been wanting to make an over the garage one for awhile. MOOing the garage doors made it possible to put a double garage on a 10x10. The tricky part was adding those spiral stairs. They don't like to be placed next to wall. So, I had to delete walls and move windows and lights and fencing to place them. But, I really love how it turned out.
    @ciane Oh how clever! I hadn't noticed that that double garage door was actually a *double* garage door! lol
    Okay, I've finally built something. But I'm not sure I'm ready to post it. The build is solid enough, but the decorating seems to have gotten out of hand. It is a three story/one room per floor house that ended up looking like a layer cake. So I decided to go with it and decorate it as such with each floor being a different "flavor." Kinda imagined it being owned by a nice old lady who lived in the woods and invited plump children in for a visit. Funny thing is that I kept thinking I'd use stuff from the Katy Perry set, but that stuff was WAY over the top, even for this house. And the lot was too small to use a few pieces as exterior props.

Not sure that it works the way it is. it's kind of garish. I guess it works as a "folly" such as the rich people would have built at the turn of the last century in a corner of their estate. But not so sure as a stand alone. Maybe placing it on a larger lot with themed landscaping would make it work better.

Oh, also, it is handicap accessible. Not sure it's entirely wheelchair friendly, but it is good for someone like me that sometimes has difficulty with stairs. (Or someone who always has trouble.) As such it needed a few extra squares. But the actual living space is pretty much close to the 16 square challenge.

Guess I'll just post it as is and if I get inspired on how to tone it down I'll post the modified version.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@jude525 :lol:

I guess I understand why they didn't, but I am still rather disappointed that there aren't wheelchairs or crutches or anything in the games. Would have made for a nice touch, but would have required a lot more gameplay interactions and animations to be made.
    Got ready to post the house and realized that something went wrong. The saved lot wasn't finished. I've lost all the finishing touches. So I'm refurnishing the house and getting it ready to post.
    aka Jude

My Studio

So sorry you lost your finishing touches, but lucky that you only lost finishing touches and could redo it.
    edited December 2017
    I did another, but on a larger lot as the house plan called for 10 width.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164453

roof_up_original.jpg

More pics are in the upload, if you are curious.

And, here's another on a 10x10: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164473

roof_up_original.jpg

Both of these were based on floor plans from houseplans.com as suggested by @snowdove58.
    Post edited by ciane on
    Oh how stunning! Love it :smile:

My building is on hold until I get all my stuff installed on the new puter, and at the rate it's going, won't finish till next week :weary: