Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

newbie to The Sims 4 = please help and guide

fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
Hey there,

I have been playing The Sims 3 for very long time, and i finally decided to jump ship to The Sims 4, . I have an old computer so it didnt run properly had issues with graphics etc. The game finally coming to XBOX so i pre-ordered it so i was exploring the town and getting used to the whole game feel.

I needed some help with basic game options: As i'm used to classic old Sims 3 gameplay and items.

In The Sims 3 - there was a movie theater, bookstore, grocery store, city hall,restaurants. i noticed their wasn't one and the town is limited in Sims 4. How do i shop for groceries, or visit lots like mentioned above? i was very confused

2. I was trying to purchase a car/truck and parking space from the buy mode in the outdoors menu and was not able to find that option in Sims 4. Is there way to own cars or cant anymore but instead use the travel feature?

Thank you very much for the help.

Comments

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Sadly, there aren't lots like that anymore in Sims 4 :( With Dine Out, you can own/eat at restaurants, and with Get To Work you can create your own businesses, such as bookstores, bakeries, clothing stores, things like that. With Movie Hangout Stuff, you can get big TV's and have your Sims watch movies together (you could probably build your own movie theater with it, too, if you wanted.) Sadly, I'm not sure when any of those packs will be released for console. There are no cars, you travel by going to the Map, I believe with the cellphone you can too though.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2017
    How do i shop for groceries, or visit lots like mentioned above?

You can find wild plants in the world, grow your own from seeds, fish for fish, or if you get City Living on console you can buy veggies at produce stalls. With Get to Work (if/when it gets ported) you can also make grocery stores. You can also just pay more when cooking stuff to buy directly from the fridge/stove/grill, though some recipes can't be cooked at all without the right ingredients.

You can travel to all the lots in town (and even in the other towns!) by using the "Travel..." option on the phone, clicking at the edge of the neighbourhood to walk, or hitting the M key to go to the map view (fastest). None of the lots are rabbit-holes, but BG careers and some events in packs are.

Is there way to own cars or cant anymore but instead use the travel feature?

Cars aren't in TS4. They might come back at some point (they've been mentioned on surveys) but I don't know if there are any current plans for them. There are some toy cars in kids toys/décor which you can size up using the ] key if you just want cars for show though.

• fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    How do i shop for groceries, or visit lots like mentioned above?

You can find wild plants in the world, grow your own from seeds, fish for fish, or if you get City Living on console you can buy veggies at produce stalls. With Get to Work (if/when it gets ported) you can also make grocery stores. You can also just pay more when cooking stuff to buy directly from the fridge/stove/grill, though some recipes can't be cooked at all without the right ingredients.

You can travel to all the lots in town (and even in the other towns!) by using the "Travel..." option on the phone, clicking at the edge of the neighbourhood to walk, or hitting the M key to go to the map view (fastest). None of the lots are rabbit-holes, but BG careers and some events in packs are.

Is there way to own cars or cant anymore but instead use the travel feature?

Cars aren't in TS4. They might come back at some point (they've been mentioned on surveys) but I don't know if there are any current plans for them. There are some toy cars in kids toys/décor which you can size up using the ] key if you just want cars for show though.

@EmmaVane Thank you very much for for some helpful basic tips, they helped and now confused about other things haha
    i got sims 4 on XBOX One and now exploring and learning the base game, before i get an expansion or other stuff packs.