Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug with "Admire Possessions" and "Flirt with Self" for all Sims?

I have a bug where every sim can admire possessions like they are materialistic but they are not! I also have "Flirt with Self" when they aren't insane! Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    edited November 2017
    I am as well. Have you checked the AHQ bug forum?
    * edit * : I didn't see a report on the bug forum so I created one, fell free to click "me too" to show how widespread it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Non-insane-amp-Non-materialistic-sims-have-trait-interactions/m-p/6408754#M49838
    Post edited by SkyeChimes on
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    I am as well. Have you checked the AHQ bug forum?

I have no idea what the link is.
    I edited my post, sorry! Here it is
    I didn't see a report on the bug forum so I created one, fell free to click "me too" to show how widespread it is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Non-insane-amp-Non-materialistic-sims-have-trait-interactions/m-p/6408754#M49838
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Yes, I've seen "flirt with self" in the mirror options. Not sure about admire possessions.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I've got this bug too. I have a sim whose traits are Childish, Geek, and Clumsy, but gets the "Flirt with Self" interaction on the mirror. I thought it might be linked to MCCC, but if people who aren't using script mods are experiencing it too, then it's probably a big thing.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I haven't seen admire possessions, but my sims all have the flirt with self option. Others have reported the same.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    My two sims with materialistic trait have admire new possessions for everything whenever the house is reloaded. If they don't travel the items go "stale," but as soon as I go off lot and back it's there again. I'm not really sure when that started, but I haven't done this week's update.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
    Yep. Completely vanilla here and I am getting the bug. All my sims have the flirt with self in mirror option, but not all of them have the admire possession - so far just the non-materialistic husband of a materialistic sim is the only one for me, but I think he may have had the trait at some point in the past so this might be a separate issue.

If you are experiencing this please report it on the AHQ bug forum by clicking "me too" on this post to be looked at, as this will show how widespread the issue is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Non-insane-amp-Non-materialistic-sims-have-trait-interactions/m-p/6408754#M49838
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    I also have ''Flirt with self'' for all my sims - none of them have ''insane'' trait.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Jennacide777Jennacide777 Posts: 5 New Member
    My sims also flirt with self and none of them are insane :/
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    In the household I am playing now, everyone can flirt with self in mirror except the kids and none of them are insane.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2017
    Both of my households have this issue, none of them have the insane trait. I do not have the materialistic part of the issue though. I also posted in the bug forum.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2017
    I haven't seen the materialistic issue, but my Sims all have the "Flirt with Self" option in the mirror and none of them are insane. The only mod I have installed is No Mosaic. I have the base game and Vintage Glamour SP installed.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I have seen it also... flirt with self in the mirror.
  • dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    Okay, I can stop ripping my hair out. I have both Admire Possessions and Flirt With Self and my Sim's don't have the applicable traits.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I've seen Flirt with Self too. No insane Sims in the household. Do have a cat though.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Likewise getting the flirt with self thing. Not checked the possessions one. Vanilla, no insanity in sims, no C&D. Heading for that link.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't have any mods or cc, but I've noticed that all my sims can "flirt with self" in mirrors too. I haven't noticed the materialistic one though (my sims haven't bought anything new recently).
  • GoldenJuniperGoldenJuniper Posts: 8 New Member
    I have this problem as well. What I noticed everything was fine until Cats and Dogs. Related maybe?
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    It came with the patch. I don't have C&D but it started in my game after the pre-EP patch and it is still there. At first some folk thought it was just vampires but it's all of my sims. I just ignore it as it isn't a big deal but obviously a coding loophole got left open somewhere...o.O

I haven't seen it with admire possessions, only flirt with self.
  • PinkWorldPinkWorld Posts: 65 Member
    Same here. I just played Sims yesterday, and both of my non-insane Sims could flirt with themselves in the mirror. I tried it out with one of my Sims.. and yup, she got the moodlet which mentioned she was insane.

Haven't seen admire possessions, though.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I have the admire possession bug too. Haven’t tried the mirrors but I don’t doubt the bug is there as wellg.
  • paige_emilyypaige_emilyy Posts: 104 Member
    I have the mirrors thing and my sim does get tense from not admiring possessions even though he isn't materialistic.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    I have seen that some Sims would do this autonomously.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I have the "Flirt with self" bug (haven't seen "Admire possessions" yet). I just have fun with it, even though my Sims aren't insane.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!