Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vampires bugged from the patch?

Comments

• Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    Again you are missing the point. I am not saying it is the most important power, but the most devastating one to lose unexpectedly because how you play your game changes depending on what you know your sim can do. If you expect a vampire to be weak to sun you probably don't take them out. But if you expect a sim to be immune to the sun and so take them out but the game bug then kills them through sun exposure that's a pretty big consequence. It's not about which powers are more important. It's about which ones are more devastating to game play if lost unexpectedly. I think one that kills a sim is obviously the biggest game changer in that equation.

To reiterate, if you have a sim power and you rely on that power and it vanishes and your sim dies then it's a bigger game bug than if you have a sim power and you rely on that sim power but your sim gets dirty/emotional/bored. It's easy to fix dirty, emotional and bored. It's not easy to fix dead.

• Options
    MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    > @Vraie said:
    > Again you are missing the point. I am not saying it is the most important power, but the most devastating one to lose unexpectedly because how you play your game changes depending on what you know your sim can do. If you expect a vampire to be weak to sun you probably don't take them out. But if you expect a sim to be immune to the sun and so take them out but the game bug then kills them through sun exposure that's a pretty big consequence. It's not about which powers are more important. It's about which ones are more devastating to game play if lost unexpectedly. I think one that kills a sim is obviously the biggest game changer in that equation.
    >
    > To reiterate, if you have a sim power and you rely on that power and it vanishes and your sim dies then it's a bigger game bug than if you have a sim power and you rely on that sim power but your sim gets dirty/emotional/bored. It's easy to fix dirty, emotional and bored. It's not easy to fix dead.

I completely agree, Vraie. There is no comparison between need powers and sun immunity power. If just one vampire bug gets fixed, it should be this one. Try watching a pregnant Vampire begin to spark, then burst into flame. Gruesome and horrifying, especially when she has full sun immunity. I could to use a video of such scenario to demonstrate how this bug is more than an irritation but can't bring myself to do it. Vampire death by sun exposure is terrible enough, but when a player believes a Vampire is protected from such an end, and it happens because of game bug it is not just a minor inconvenience.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @SimQARobo there is another vamps broken feature: now vampires can not crush metals neither crystals into elements. I tested with two vampires that they did it before pets exp. I try to find new stuff (metals and crystals) to test this. The option is not there anymore :/ I hope it can be fixed (I know I have the mail but this one was a nice feature). I play vainilla. I cleaned my cache and repair my game before testing. Thanks :)
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Mellonuial the sun immunity power is not broken ;) I feel the powers that are broken are related to basic needs (social, bath...).

BTW Everyone's gameplay is important so I hope for a full fix <3

Here is a workaround for tired vamps: I'm placing coffins in my lots, at small basements (or as pieces of art at the museums lol). Vamps are using them, so they can be active at my rotational game. The weaks vamps are not that safe but it is ok, inmortality is not an easy gift :D
  • Options
    @emere I haven't noticed any problems with the Sun Resistance Power among my vampires at all. Other players have though. That's what I was trying, and failing (smacks forehead), to convey to players that couldn't understand the minor inconvenience of a Vampire losing the Odorless Power vs. the life and death consequences of losing Sun Resistance when leaving their home lots. I don't use the need powers (I spend satisfaction reward points for things like that, but to each his/her own), so that may be why my Vampires are not quite so affected. There are still a few hiccups though, like not being recognized as a vampire when meeting NPC sims for the first time. NPCs also no longer try to flatter my vampires by praising the lifestyle or vampires in general. In fact, hardly any townies even mention Vampires anymore and only seem to take notice when a Sim is being attacked in the open or when Vlad falls victim to his hissing weakness >:)

But as you say every Simmer has a right to their own style of play, and in some cases these patch issues are causing major disruptions. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming, but the Pets EP will be priority number one for awhile. I may purchase a hardcopy of it on sale during the holidays and wait to install it until the bug extermination squad has the greater part of the infestation under control :D

BTW, I, too, place coffins around towns and venues for Vampires to use, especially in the parks where the homeless NPCs congregate. I also created a lounge catering to the needs of vampires called Blood of the Rose. It has a large basement filled with private rooms, each with a coffin and small attached bathroom. Since the patch it's seen a large increase in visitors.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I haven't had the chance to do the full testing of powers I had planned as I've got 2 imminently due uni assignments getting in the way, but I can confirm that eternally welcome is unaffected after travelling to a different lot.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    My eternally welcome is not working at all. I can't even knock on the doors with my vampires. I have just one option there "lock the door for..." but its grey (can’t click on it).
    (I play in German, don’t know the correct translation).

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Can anyone confirms if supernatural speed or mist form is are affected ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Supernatural speed is not affected in my game. Sorry but I don't know what mist form is. Couldn’t find out with Google either :D. If it's the fog, no this is not affected. But seams that everybody is haveing slightly diffrent bugs with their Vampires.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
  • Options
    Busufu wrote: »
    My eternally welcome is not working at all. I can't even knock on the doors with my vampires. I have just one option there "lock the door for..." but its grey (can’t click on it).
    (I play in German, don’t know the correct translation).

Are you on your home lot or a different lot? lock doors shouldn't be an option at someone else's house.

graventhe wrote: »
    Can anyone confirms if supernatural speed or mist form is are affected ?

Supernatural speed is unaffected.
  • Options
    @BabySquare on someone elses home.
    Sul Sul!
  • Options
    Busufu wrote: »
    @BabySquare on someone elses home.

Interesting. I had it working fine. Maybe send EA a copy of your save. I'm not sure how to do that but others here know.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Any news on a fix for this @SimQARobo?

—T
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I have all of my vampire households + vatores on hold right know. Even when they not really affected by the bugs. But I kinda miss too play with them. :/ I just hope they patch the issues soon.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, I can confirm odorless is broken. That's the only one I've noticed not working, though who knows.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    from some of the info gathered from various threads about this, it seems whatever is going on may well be quite complicated and several different things working against each other, which is why different people seem to be getting different issues with their vampires. which likely means the fix is going to be complicated. at least they're aware of the problem(s) and are working towards it. i'd love something next month (official patch or not), but we'll have to see
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My vampires are unable to buy the next vampire book tome thingy. They've learned all they can from the second one, but the third one remains greyed out.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    I've given up on vampires for now, which makes me extremely sad -- and more than a little annoyed at myself for supporting the game by buying Cats and Dogs when they broke my favorite pack in the game and seem in no real hurry to fix it. I hadn't realized the extent of the breakage when I bought C&D as it has been awhile since I've played Sims 4.

I tried a vampire save. My vampire vet was great, but when he hired other vampires, they were not-so-great. I tried freezing their needs, but apparently that didn't work either so all they could do was sleep on couches. I knew something was off for my sim, though, when he autonomously used the toilet. But I still liked him, still liked the vampire he just married. But it got to be too much. I fired all the vampire vet assistants and cheated their relationships back up, but that was not how I wanted their story to go.

Even their club gatherings were pretty awful. I always make vampire clans with the offspring, so it's easy to get them together. They also could do nothing but sleep. The losing the powers on zone got to be a bother as well, even though bringing them into CAS seemed to work.

They took a great pack and broke it to unplayable. Of course, I'm still playing Sims 4 so perhaps my griping is hypocritical, but I'm spending a lot more time building and a lot less time in live mode.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I may have found another bug :'( whenever my sim requests vampiric training, the trained one stand laughing, looking at the sides instead of performing the vamp animations and worse yet, the special effects still goes on. You know, the green waves and such. Super buggy, but I don't know if it's a problem on my end, I need to take out my mods folder and test. Anyone would mind testing this too so we can know?
  • Options
    Vampiric training is working fine with me.
    Sul Sul!
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Great :) at least I can fix it instead of waiting god knows for how long. Thanks
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    So....

@SimQARobo...? An update would be nice.

—T
  • Options
    Every time I return to this thread, it seems the bugs, glitches, and hiccups are getting worse and more bizarre :'( It's sort of like an influenza virus that mutates every time it passes from one person to another.

Most of the problems appear tied to needs. Vampires suddenly having to use the restroom, Odorless not working, sudden energy loss, etc. Others seem to particular to each player. The inability to train is new and most likely connected to the loss of abilities (just a guess). I will watch out for it. Still, I feel incredibly guilty admitting that the Vampires I have created, with one dramatic exception, are doing fine.

The same cannot be said for NPCs and Townie Vampires in my games. I am doing my best to help them by placing coffins in parks and other public venues like bars and lounges (as a quick aside, I also take care of homeless Sims in a similar fashion by placing shelters with bathtubs, dressers, and mirrors in City Parks alongside tents for them to sleep in). I have also rescued more Vampires from Death by Sunlight than I can count (no pun intended o:) ). The moment I see a Vampire in distress, I form a group and transport us to my residence or a public venue with a coffin if the Vampire is a Townie, or to the Vampire's home if I am intervening on behalf of an NPC. Not even Vlad deserves to die in such a fashion. If anything he deserves a Cure >:)

Hopefully we will see a patch, but I'm not holding out much hope that it will be soon. The Pets EP has top priority right now, so who knows when they will get around to Vampires? At least they know about the problem..... ;)
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Sloppy drinking is bugged. Their thirst bar fills up normally, which shouldn't really be happening. It's supposed to be a challenging flaw, and this bug just removes the challenge.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the needs thing isn't vampire specific, so you know. i've been encountering lots of unplayed sims that are an hour or two from starvation. it seems like no sim currently flagged as unplayed will work on any of their needs while not on a lot actively being played. which can cause all kinds of havoc...

so, now we know that there are at least two different types of bugs going on here, one for needs (for all sims, and it acts even weirder on vampires, making some act as humans with bladder and such) and then...whatever is going on with the powers
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top