Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vampires bugged from the patch?

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get this. Why can't I change the skin color and vampire details for my vampire sim? the option is nowhere in CAS?

Did you use the cheat cas.fulleditmode?
    Without cheating you won't be able to change the skin color oder details.

My Vamps are totally bugged at the moment. Cant't play with them :/.

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I made a club for my vampires recently, but whenever I invite everyone, they all seem to be really, really low on energy. Every single one of them, except for the host, who I'm playing with. What's up with that?
    It's almost as if their energy needs decayed like a normal sim's while we weren't playing them, but they're also not allowed to sleep, so they're all extremely tired and very vulnerable to sunlight instead.

My self-sim who had turned into a vampire almost freaking died because of this, I only managed to avoid it through going into Edit Town mode and switch the played household into that sim's, have the other two sims in the same household travel elsewhere, and let the game fix my sim's needs while they weren't being played with. That actually worked somehow.

At this point I should probably just make it a sleeping club somehow. The only thing we'd do is sleep in coffins to regain energy. How fun... :|

This extremely needs to get fixed.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    > @Magdaleena said:
    > I made a club for my vampires recently, but whenever I invite everyone, they all seem to be really, really low on energy. Every single one of them, except for the host, who I'm playing with. What's up with that?
    > It's almost as if their energy needs decayed like a normal sim's while we weren't playing them, but they're also not allowed to sleep, so they're all extremely tired and very vulnerable to sunlight instead.
    >
    > My self-sim who had turned into a vampire almost freaking died because of this, I only managed to avoid it through going into Edit Town mode and switch the played household into that sim's, have the other two sims in the same household travel elsewhere, and let the game fix my sim's needs while they weren't being played with. That actually worked somehow.
    >
    > At this point I should probably just make it a sleeping club somehow. The only thing we'd do is sleep in coffins to regain energy. How fun... :|
    >
    > This extremely needs to get fixed.

There is another vampire thread on the bug forum. I had similar problems with the un played vampires needs, constantly energy drained.

It seems that there vampire run, mist etc have all been turned off. I have gone round all the premades and reactivated there's and now there energy seems fine again.

If you find your premades are turned off, any out of town vampires you like, may have to be moved into a house and fixed same way, as they have same problem.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    So I've been playing a vampire with dampened emotions and he didn't lost his perks entirely, the normal buff seem to appear and disappear randomly (or not randomly? I don't know what triggers it).
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2017
    i'm actually surprised to hear about the vampires getting toasted so easily. i've been avoiding playing my own vampires since this got reported, but they still come out and visit lots all the time, even during the day now. only three (including caleb) have perfect sun resistance, or any sun resistance at all. yet every single one of my vampires is coming out to parks or restaurants or art galleries in the middle of the day, none of them are using their bat, super speed, or mist powers, and none of them are complaining about the sun or getting the green flames licking at them. it's like they're no longer vampires at all, except they complain about the low energy

small edit: one of the three who is sun resistant is working as a waitress in a restaurant. while she's on the job, she will mist-teleport everywhere (which frustrates the other waitstaff, since she beats them to serving every single meal). but, off the job, she walks around like everyone else.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    In spite of the bug none of my vampires are behaving differently either. Aside the tests done on previous page, they're all getting on as usual.
    Post edited by Vraie on
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    There are at least four perks impacted -- Dampened Emotions, Beyond the Herd, Oderless and Immortal Pleasures. There may be others, but I have not been able to discern as of yet.

I'll pop in game later and do a test on which powers that mine have are affected and report back. Fairly sure the ones you mentioned are top level powers; most of the powers I've selected are lower level so it'll be interesting to see what's what.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    There are at least four perks impacted -- Dampened Emotions, Beyond the Herd, Oderless and Immortal Pleasures. There may be others, but I have not been able to discern as of yet.

I'll pop in game later and do a test on which powers that mine have are affected and report back. Fairly sure the ones you mentioned are top level powers; most of the powers I've selected are lower level so it'll be interesting to see what's what.

I mentioned it on the previous page but Vampiric Slumber is also affected - at least on the public lot it becomes unselectable. There's a screen capture in the other post of it greyed out when my sim reached Prime status. When I took him home he had the option to select it again. So we can add Vampiric Slumber to the list. It's just not something that is probably going to be noticed or used on a public lot but it might be worth people testing whether any sims which have that trait can still use it after they return home or whether they need to be reset. I found it interesting that in Marlowe's case the option was not there on the public lot but was there when he went home. That conflicts with the others where the trait deactivates on a public lot and then does not reactivate when going home. Seems that the options to select a trait may work differently than the traits already possessed.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Vraie wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

I mentioned it on the previous page but Vampiric Slumber is also affected - at least on the public lot it becomes unselectable. There's a screen capture in the other post of it greyed out when my sim reached Prime status. When I took him home he had the option to select it again. So we can add Vampiric Slumber to the list. It's just not something that is probably going to be noticed or used on a public lot but it might be worth people testing whether any sims which have that trait can still use it after they return home or whether they need to be reset. I found it interesting that in Marlowe's case the option was not there on the public lot but was there when he went home. That conflicts with the others where the trait deactivates on a public lot and then does not reactivate when going home. Seems that the options to select a trait may work differently than the traits already possessed.

I did see that :) but seeing as how we don't yet have a definitive list of which powers are affected and which aren't I thought I'd do my bit to help make a list. My vampires don't have all the powers but they have a lot of them so I'm going to go through testing them after travelling to another lot then again when back home.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    This is just crazy. Vampires discovered as aliens, burning to death after dark.

So....I created a new female vampire just to see what would happen. I kept her on lot until dark, then sent her to the gym, where no one seemed to recognize her as a vampire (the automatic dislike on introduction response). Then she visited a bar venue where she met and trained with a Grand Master Vampire and reached Prime Level (She'd done quite a bit of reading while waiting for the sun to set :) ). All the points and abilities were available as usual, so I made my choices, let her hunt for breakfast, and return home. Everything remained the same. So I sent her out again to hunt for supper at a nightclub. She did the "flirt with self" thing and proceeded to seduce Travis Scott >:) They had a successful try-for-baby tryst in the club's closet, and she left. Upon her return to the home lot, all point distributions remained the same. I kept her indoors, on lot, for the whole pregnancy, so of course she went into labor at 10:00 AM! I got her into the hospital with minimal energy loss. Then, a mother of twin boys later, she went home with no permanent energy loss and all traits exactly as I left them. That's where things currently stand. I plan to continue leveling her vampire skills without using cheat codes and see if any of the more extreme bugs develop.

Now it's time to load my original Vampire and see how badly she's been messed up. I know Occult Sims are the forgotten middle children of this game, but I have no interest the Pets EP, and all their patching in preparation for it appears to have destroyed characters and stories I have been playing for months :'( Once I have more data, I'm going to start annoying the guru's. It appears that there are some basic bugs for all vampires and then subsets that vary from player to player. I suspect it has less to do with mods (of which I have none) and more to do with what official content an individual has installed. Just a hunch.

Oh, well, enough rambling. Time to assess the damages.
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    emere wrote: »
    Hi @SimQARobo in addition to the affected vampire powers, now some of my vampires are discovered as ALIENS by other sims. At the relationship panel you can see the sim is a vampire but also you can see the alien known icon :o This was trigger in my game at the Bar Alien Nght at BB. Maybe this is a issue because now Alien and Vampires are merged at CAS?

Also vampires are not sleeping: I play rotational, vampires are "eating" but not sleeping :D When I change households my vampires are tired, even the powerful ones (all the houses are full of beds or coffins). Also they are not recovering from sunlight :o My weaks vampires are dying too often!!! Look, in one sim day and just a few steps to reach a door. They are keeping the damage from many sims day:

I hope we can have a fix o:)

We'll investigate. Thank you.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hope the vampires will be fixed soon! I won't start my main save until this is taken care of since that one is vampire-centered.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2017
    I had a vampire be recognized as an alien before this patch. I took a screengrab and it was dated 10/26 so that might be an older bug. I haven't loaded up my vampire save yet to check for these other bugs. Kind of afraid to. Maybe I'll use Caleb or Vlad to test with.

This is my main save with the vampires and this is the one I had the "alien" thing with prior to this recent patch.
    I blacked out the vampire in question's last name because she has a not-forum-approved name. :D
    aliennotalien.png

This is Raven, who you can see, is a vampire. Wilfredo is her brother in law and they live in the same household and have always lived together. Then suddenly one day he discovered she was an "alien".
    10-23-17_4-20-55AM.png

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    So a new patch came in and still hasn't fixed vampires :/
    edited November 2017
    graventhe wrote: »
    So a new patch came in and still hasn't fixed vampires :/

I haven't tested it since the new patch since the new patch already annoyed me enough by making me reinstall Origin before it would even work (not update, reinstall O.o). But I assumed since it wasn't in the notes that they'd ignored the vampire problem thus far.

The previous patch proves how tenuous any coding changes are to any game and the unexpected consequences they have...

Since the new patch my sims are also having more trouble with certain interactions especially bill paying on the phone. One sim tried to do it 3 times and couldn't and I had to send him to the mailbox. That was fine, except the next day the mailman came again with bills. Bills 2 days in a row and a problem with paying them remotely...and this was also in a vampire household.

I also noticed that Odorless is not possible to select as a vampire skill even at home at least on one of my vampires. I am not overly bothered by the currently deactivated powers but I know that doesn't mean it isn't creating issues for other people. It's ridiculous to have the option there but greyed out even though no conflicting power is selected.

Edit to add - I had one of my child vampires grow to teen today. I wanted him to learn the fly as bat skill. It was greyed out and I couldn't make him learn it first time I tried. But his housemate, also a teen, was able to learn it without a problem. So I went back to him and tried again and this time it worked. I mention this now because this is what happened with the Odorless skill with my other sim - and this didn't happen on a public lot but on the home lot. So it might be that the newest patch has actually added another hiccup to the existing hiccup with vampire skills.

Just something for people to be aware of.
    Post edited by Vraie on
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm so glad there is the post in regards of Vampire Perk Issue after the patch. Let me add about my Vampire sim who has "Flight as Bat" perk, the problem is the perk I mentioned fails to fly from ground floor to the second. Whenever I try to ask my sim to do so the respond is "PATH DOES NOT EXIST". But I have the teleport ability from Spa Day Pack and it works FINE! So~~ should I say Sim's WEIRD logic goes overboard!?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
    > @Vraie said:
    > graventhe wrote: »
    >
    > So a new patch came in and still hasn't fixed vampires :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I haven't tested it since the new patch since the new patch already annoyed me enough by making me reinstall Origin before it would even work (not update, reinstall O.o). But I assumed since it wasn't in the notes that they'd ignored the vampire problem thus far.
    >
    > The previous patch proves how tenuous any coding changes are to any game and the unexpected consequences they have...
    >
    > Since the new patch my sims are also having more trouble with certain interactions especially bill paying on the phone. One sim tried to do it 3 times and couldn't and I had to send him to the mailbox. That was fine, except the next day the mailman came again with bills. Bills 2 days in a row and a problem with paying them remotely...and this was also in a vampire household.
    >
    > I also noticed that Odorless is not possible to select as a vampire skill even at home at least on one of my vampires. I am not overly bothered by the currently deactivated powers but I know that doesn't mean it isn't creating issues for other people. It's ridiculous to have the option there but greyed out even though no conflicting power is selected.
    >
    > Edit to add - I had one of my child vampires grow to teen today. I wanted him to learn the fly as bat skill. It was greyed out and I couldn't make him learn it first time I tried. But his housemate, also a teen, was able to learn it without a problem. So I went back to him and tried again and this time it worked. I mention this now because this is what happened with the Odorless skill with my other sim - and this didn't happen on a public lot but on the home lot. So it might be that the newest patch has actually added another hiccup to the existing hiccup with vampire skills.
    >
    > Just something for people to be aware of.

Oh, fantastic. Well, at least I'm not alone out there. I've got NPC Sims calling Vampires that have fed from them without permission to thank them for letting them hang out (this after the Vampires have chased them all over the Spice District to get a drink! At least the Vampires that don't have the mesmerize skill) :o

The only vampire skill not immediately available is Cause Hallucination. So far. I dread updating my vampires' skill sets, "What's missing, blurred out today? That's odd, I had full sunlight immunity an hour ago!" The randomness of these hiccups is getting really weird. At least all my Sims can still pay their bills! Of course I probably just jinxed it....

Oh, and I can sympathize with you about Origin. I also had to reinstall it to get the latest updater for the patch :s

At least loading a game is never boring o:)
    To be honest, 99% of the time I treat bugs as the real real life sim part of the Sims - ie, nothing in life goes according to instructions or plans xD. I try and make weird and unexpected deaths or glitches part of the story and if sims have to move house because their house is bugged, then that just becomes one of those other unexpected real life events that happens to them. I'm not such a control freak over their lives that I can't stand any issues and having played Sims 2 for years I expect game bugs to happen anyway. But the vampire one worries me slightly because they haven't fixed it - and that makes me wonder what they are planning with the vampires or if they are going to fix it...and what the cost of it being fixed might be (ie how complex the problem is to have kept it out of the last patch fix)...

I don't think that it's as unstable as you are worrying about (but it might be). I think that it happened like this...
    The original bugged patch took out about four high level abilities but we more or less identified them. They mostly only affect sims who have had all their stats hacked open or vampires who have reached the very top levels of training, which means a lot of vampires were not affected. Also adding a new skill on a public lot might not always be able to happen but that same skill add could still happen at home. And moving the vampire to a new location (ie moving house) reset the skills so ultimately the bug was inconvenient but not game destroying. My "fine" sim that I did my experiments on earlier in the thread lost her "fine" status but has it back again now. It's not irreversible. It's just inconvenient to get back. This affects existing powers but is fairly stable and predictable about which powers it affects.

I personally think the most recent patch added a new and slightly concerning instability in whether a sim can or cannot select an ability to learn. But thus far I haven't seen any sign (touch wood, don't want to jinx it) that the sun immunity skill is included in this issue. I admittedly only have 2 sims I play with often with sun immunity but one of those only just reached the level to get it (I was saving up his points) and he was able to get full immunity without a problem even though he was the sim who didn't have the 'Odorless' option on the public lot. I don't think the new patch has taken any skills from vampires when they travel. I think it has occasionally made it hard to select certain abilities when adding skills and that this is abitrary and random but affects only the new skill add options and not the existing ones. At least that is my experience so far. And it is not consistently the same skill between vampires or the same vampire always unable to learn the same skill. This is more unstable but as I said, seems to deal only with adding new powers.

So I don't think it's randomly bugging specific sims or randomly taking away all abilities. I just think that each patch makes it a little bit more complicated. HOW that relates to the fixes involved with the count I don't know. I have some interesting symptoms of that as well but it's not really relevant to this thread. It really shows how hard it is to fix one problem without creating another (and totally proves why it is morally wrong to ask EA to meddle with the vampire coding to try and get a disable option in there when it already failed with aliens and when even unconnected fixes are having this kind of impact. It could absolutely destroy all of our vampire games if they tried to impose such a big gameplay change). Honestly, if you give me a choice to continue playing my vampires as they are with the occasional bug hiccup that currently exists I'd take that over the risk of having the game so tampered with to meet individual demands that the vampires stop being playable altogether.

This is an annoying bug. I don't think it's a prohibitive bug incompatible with vampire gameplay. (But who knows what the future holds in that regard ;))
    edited November 2017
    To be honest, 99% of the time I treat bugs as the real real life sim part of the Sims - ie, nothing in life goes according to instructions or plans xD. I try and make weird and unexpected deaths or glitches part of the story and if sims have to move house because their house is bugged, then that just becomes one of those other unexpected real life events that happens to them. I'm not such a control freak over their lives that I can't stand any issues and having played Sims 2 for years I expect game bugs to happen anyway. But the vampire one worries me slightly because they haven't fixed it - and that makes me wonder what they are planning with the vampires or if they are going to fix it...and what the cost of it being fixed might be (ie how complex the problem is to have kept it out of the last patch fix)...

I don't think that it's as unstable as you are worrying about (but it might be). I think that it happened like this...
    The original bugged patch took out about four high level abilities but we more or less identified them. They mostly only affect sims who have had all their stats hacked open or vampires who have reached the very top levels of training, which means a lot of vampires were not affected. Also adding a new skill on a public lot might not always be able to happen but that same skill add could still happen at home. And moving the vampire to a new location (ie moving house) reset the skills so ultimately the bug was inconvenient but not game destroying. My "fine" sim that I did my experiments on earlier in the thread lost her "fine" status but has it back again now. It's not irreversible. It's just inconvenient to get back. This affects existing powers but is fairly stable and predictable about which powers it affects.

I personally think the most recent patch added a new and slightly concerning instability in whether a sim can or cannot select an ability to learn. But thus far I haven't seen any sign (touch wood, don't want to jinx it) that the sun immunity skill is included in this issue. I admittedly only have 2 sims I play with often with sun immunity but one of those only just reached the level to get it (I was saving up his points) and he was able to get full immunity without a problem even though he was the sim who didn't have the 'Odorless' option on the public lot. I don't think the new patch has taken any skills from vampires when they travel. I think it has occasionally made it hard to select certain abilities when adding skills and that this is abitrary and random but affects only the new skill add options and not the existing ones. At least that is my experience so far. And it is not consistently the same skill between vampires or the same vampire always unable to learn the same skill. This is more unstable but as I said, seems to deal only with adding new powers.

So I don't think it's randomly bugging specific sims or randomly taking away all abilities. I just think that each patch makes it a little bit more complicated. HOW that relates to the fixes involved with the count I don't know. I have some interesting symptoms of that as well but it's not really relevant to this thread. It really shows how hard it is to fix one problem without creating another (and totally proves why it is morally wrong to ask EA to meddle with the vampire coding to try and get a disable option in there when it already failed with aliens and when even unconnected fixes are having this kind of impact. It could absolutely destroy all of our vampire games if they tried to impose such a big gameplay change). Honestly, if you give me a choice to continue playing my vampires as they are with the occasional bug hiccup that currently exists I'd take that over the risk of having the game so tampered with to meet individual demands that the vampires stop being playable altogether.

This is an annoying bug. I don't think it's a prohibitive bug incompatible with vampire gameplay. (But who knows what the future holds in that regard ;))

Well what if your Main vampire sim that u play with is a master vampire that mastered all skills and had most of top level powers ?!
    I don't have sun resistance power I have the opposite (thin skinned) I don't see the point of having a vampire and making them resistance to the sun, like they're vampires, the sun supposed to harm them..anyway
    I guess I'm one of few who are truly affected bcus I didn't choose the powers that are not affected (they are the most useless powers to me)
    So I guess I have to make my vampire live in prison and never it him out of home ^.^ so I don't lose months of progress
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    honestly, they haven't had a whole lot of time to look the vampire bugs. it's been, what, a week? sure, you can find some of the stuff in that time, but it all depends on what causes it, if it's tied to another pack (or multiple packs) or all kinds of things. this is likely why it wasn't in the quick fix earlier in the week, too. they know about it and are looking into it. hopefully it'll be fixed by next month's patch (i'd love sooner, but we'll have to see)

also, one of the issues (the constant low dark energy one) seems to be tied into something i'm noticing in general. multiple times now, i've logged into unplayed sims to fix something, whether it be changing club hangout from a lot i bulldozed or putting them back in the career they're supposed to be working or what have you, and they've been mere hours away from starvation. it really seems that unplayed sims just aren't raising their needs off-lot like they used to. this is prob'ly also why strays are pretty much constantly dirty every time you see them
    I understand that they are very busy with the Pets EP right now, and for the most part my Vampires are doing just fine.

The only major glitch occurred last night when one of my Vampires went into labor. She and her Alien hubby arrived at the hospital to find-gasp-Vlad as the attending physician. He disappeared at the sight of us (guess his shift ended), and she got inside with minimal sun damage, but here is where I ran into major problems. My Vampire could check-in at the front desk, but no doctor ever showed up. One very angry patient waited in line behind me, and the orderly seemed stuck outside. I reset every sim on the lot. Nothing changed, so I logged out of the game entirely (without saving) and tried again. Same result, except this time I let events play out. My pregnant sim was trapped in the hospital (couldn't use her phone to travel; and no there wasn't a Vampire trying to break in) for 24 hours. Her husband was stuck also and suffered from constantly depleting needs. He couldn't even take a nap! In the end, I was able to get them out of the building by using the "go here together" function. Then I was able to click on the go home icon. She had an at home birth. So I've saved this game and will be zipping it over to the gurus in case Vlad's presence at the hospital started this. But first...

Out of curiosity, I restored a prior save of the game just before her labor was about to begin. Except, this time I logged in on Vlad first and had him take a vacation day, and, boom problem solved, labor started on time, she arrived at the hospital (pre-checked in no less :o Now I'll take that glitch over a lazy receptionist anytime lol). The doctor was waiting for her, and labor and deliver went smoothly (Doc even managed not pull out her heart :p ) So was it the presence of Vlad the first time around? That's above my paygrade, but good grief, I hope no other simmers have to watch their pregnant sims suffer 24+ hours labor whether they are "normal," Aliens, or Vampires.

My Vampires are not unplayable, and the hiccups, at least for me, can be worked around. I'm just hoping for a fix before the next pack comes out :)
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2017
    I've figured out a way to reset the vampire powers back to normal after leaving the lot you loaded into..if you go in and out of CAS by enabling cheats and cas.fulleditmode, shift click your vampire, modify CAS then just accept and leave back to the game and it seems to turn their powers back on. It has to be done every time you move the vampire to another lot. It also works with NPC vampires that enter a lot you are on, if you shift+click them into the CAS and back out it turns their powers back on also.

Well what if your Main vampire sim that u play with is a master vampire that mastered all skills and had most of top level powers ?!
    I don't have sun resistance power I have the opposite (thin skinned) I don't see the point of having a vampire and making them resistance to the sun, like they're vampires, the sun supposed to harm them..anyway
    I guess I'm one of few who are truly affected bcus I didn't choose the powers that are not affected (they are the most useless powers to me)
    So I guess I have to make my vampire live in prison and never it him out of home ^.^ so I don't lose months of progress

I am not really sure what your point is. You seem to be taking this entirely too personally, and missing the point.
    It doesn't really matter what skills you choose, and everyone is entitled to play with the skills they prefer. The thing is that the reason I mention sun immunity is that it is a game changer.

I have about 35 vampires. Only two of them (Aside Caleb, who was already there) are sun immune. That's because one is the Grand Master and the other is his heir and apprentice. The others all have to manage without that. The issue isn't whether it's appropriate for a vampire to be sun immune or not (and you frankly have no right to judge people who do or do not choose that option, as their gameplay is their own), but rather the expectation that a sim has that power and then it suddenly being taken away.

For example, I wouldn't take most of my vampires to the park during the day because they'll die.
    But I expect to be able to take Aubrey or Marlowe out in the sun during the day because the game is coded to make them immune to the sun.
    If that power suddenly disappears unexpectedly then they could die.
    There isn't a single other power that a vampire has that the loss of could be so potentially lethal if it vanished without warning.

So no matter how irritating it is to lose the powers we've been discussing, really we're talking about powers that reduce emotional outpourings, reduce fun and social need...but losing them can't kill your sim.

Losing sun immunity can.

That's why it's more important in this context that that power is not affected. Not because people who use sun immunity are more important than people who use the powers affected, but because losing this power could kill the sim. And that's a much bigger deal than having to deal with decreased social, fun and stuff.

Having done extensive experimentation with a couple of immune gallery sims, too, I know that it's possible to get those powers back. It's a bit annoying, but it's not hard to reset them. Someone above suggested a method. If you don't want to use cheats then moving the sim to a new lot and then back again (ie move house) also resets them. But it's a lot harder to reset a sim when they're dead.

I am not really sure what your point is. You seem to be taking this entirely too personally, and missing the point.
    It doesn't really matter what skills you choose, and everyone is entitled to play with the skills they prefer. The thing is that the reason I mention sun immunity is that it is a game changer.

I have about 35 vampires. Only two of them (Aside Caleb, who was already there) are sun immune. That's because one is the Grand Master and the other is his heir and apprentice. The others all have to manage without that. The issue isn't whether it's appropriate for a vampire to be sun immune or not (and you frankly have no right to judge people who do or do not choose that option, as their gameplay is their own), but rather the expectation that a sim has that power and then it suddenly being taken away.

For example, I wouldn't take most of my vampires to the park during the day because they'll die.
    But I expect to be able to take Aubrey or Marlowe out in the sun during the day because the game is coded to make them immune to the sun.
    If that power suddenly disappears unexpectedly then they could die.
    There isn't a single other power that a vampire has that the loss of could be so potentially lethal if it vanished without warning.

So no matter how irritating it is to lose the powers we've been discussing, really we're talking about powers that reduce emotional outpourings, reduce fun and social need...but losing them can't kill your sim.

Losing sun immunity can.

That's why it's more important in this context that that power is not affected. Not because people who use sun immunity are more important than people who use the powers affected, but because losing this power could kill the sim. And that's a much bigger deal than having to deal with decreased social, fun and stuff.

Having done extensive experimentation with a couple of immune gallery sims, too, I know that it's possible to get those powers back. It's a bit annoying, but it's not hard to reset them. Someone above suggested a method. If you don't want to use cheats then moving the sim to a new lot and then back again (ie move house) also resets them. But it's a lot harder to reset a sim when they're dead.

I didn't take it personally at all, I was just making a point, and of course everyone's is free to play as they want, thats why I made it clear i don't use the sun resistance power unlike most people here, I wanted to make a point just bcus most people here use it, doesn't mean I have to, just to make the bug sounds less buggier, sun resistance never appealed to me, because I think vampires should burn in the sun so I don't make my vampires have it,or they'll be like humans and the game will be boring (to me, again I'm talking from my point of view not about all players)
    And saying sun resistance doesn't appeal to me, doesn't mean Its judging or i want it out of the game..its just an opinion, I mean I might use it someday to level 2 to make the vampire spend more time outside if they had to (but not 3 and make the sun completely harmless)
    I just want everyone to enjoy their game equally not one side is enjoying more..
    And saying it's more important than other powers, sorry, I disagree..if you're a vampire you can't spend alot of the time outside in the day (everybody knows that), you can go out at night (you know like how vampires really are!) Or if you want to go out in the day you can make a drink in the bar that makes them resistance to the sun, you can make many and put them in their inventory and drink it then you can go out in the sun as much as you like, so it's not hard, and defiently not more important than other powers..maybe from your point of view it is.
    Oh and btw I don't use the very top need powers like hygiene, social and fun that you keep mentioning they are less important..i use powers like the mist and supernatural forms and other top powers that took me too long to develop.. I don't waste my vampire points on needs power, but I understand people who do, and i wouldn't say their gameplay is less important that mine..
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top