Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the Cats & Dogs price?

jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
Why the price was increased in Brazil? There's no macroeconomics reason for that. Yesterday the price was $79,90 like the others expansion packs, now it's $149,90, almost twice the normal price. The others packs remain with the normal prices. Is it a glitch?

I was going to buy it tomorrow, I'm not going anymore. A lot of other Brazilians neither.

38223008882_2882b8489e_z.jpg

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Could be a glitch. I don't think they would increase the cost just like that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    EA support said it's not a glitch. They asked me to wait, and maybe it decrease. It's not fair, Gurus said it would be the same price as the others. But Origin increased it few days before the release, and all the other packs remain the same. All around the world the price remains the same.
    I have all packs and I bought them in pre-sale or in the release dates. I'm disappointed that I won't have this one as soon it releases.

I know I could buy it yesterday and pay almost the half, but everybody here is focused on studies due to the college exam we're having here. It's like SAT, but we have it only once a year, and it's very stressful.

This price is impracticable in Brazil, 1/7 of the monthly minimum wage of a country is not a good price for an expansion.
    All macroeconomics aspects are favorable. Nothing justify that.
    DeKay wrote: »
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Could be the EA support you talked to has incorrect or incomplete information. It may be that it's not technically a "glitch" (as in software glitch) but it is unintended. I can't see how it makes any sense if the others were priced at half that.

Maybe @SimGuruDrake can shine some light on what's going on here?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited November 2017
    jotajeje wrote: »
    EA support said it's not a glitch. They asked me to wait, and maybe it decrease. It's not fair, Gurus said it would be the same price as the others. But Origin increased it few days before the release, and all the other packs remain the same. All around the world the price remains the same.
    I have all packs and I bought them in pre-sale or in the release dates. I'm disappointed that I won't have this one as soon it releases.

I know I could buy it yesterday and pay almost the half, but everybody here is focused on studies due to the college exam we're having here. It's like SAT, but we have it only once a year, and it's very stressful.

This price is impracticable in Brazil, 1/7 of the monthly minimum wage of a country is not a good price for an expansion.
    All macroeconomics aspects are favorable. Nothing justify that.
    DeKay wrote: »

I think it's definitely a glitch. No reason for them to double the price. Do you Twitter? Maybe you can tweet one of the Simgurus?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    Has your exchange rate worsen against the Dollar? I know currency can affect the pricing of goods.

EA has gone crazy in South Africa as well. The stuff packs are still a R100 and Game packs R200. However pretty certain somebody had developed the insane trait for the expansion packs. Cats and Dogs are the same price as base game at R600. I see there is a bundle pack at R950. The other three expansion packs are R650, Have they gone absolutely insane? Never have expansion packs been more than the base game. If EA thinks I'm sinking R1000s into this game which has less game play value then previous, they are crazy.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    As far as I can tell, he's right and it's not a glitch. It's waaaay too expensive, now. Everyone is shocked, angry and disappointed. They changed it less than a week before the release, it's outrageous. I refuse to buy it now, unfortunately, since O was very excited and been following everything about this expansion pack for months. A lot of people wonthe Brazilian forum threads and Facebook have said they won't buy it either.
  • akemi06akemi06 Posts: 4 New Member
    This is ridiculous! This price is not right, it's waaaay too expensive for a dlc. I know that a lot of brazilian people are disapointed and will not buy the expansion pack!
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I was super excited to get my hands on this pack and I always pre order but this time decided not to :s . For this abusive price there's no way I can buy it now
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Taty97Taty97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, it's a lot of disrespect to raise the price so last minute, a grotesque change, do you guys think everyone is full of money? The base price of the expansions is R$79.90, the price of a new game (not expansion) is R$150 , you have abused the price.
  • JuhLucenaJuhLucena Posts: 1 New Member
    This is outrageous. Completely disrespectful! It was not a glitch, this was decided and done by EA, I have absolutely no doubt about it. And if the buyers don't boycott them now, don't speak out, don't fight them, it will only get worse.
    @Sunsettsunrise that's not the reason, our currency is very stable against the dollar. :confused:
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Doesn't sound legal to me to change the price last second when it's been advertised as a different price. Pretty sure that's false advertising.

Hopefully it's a glitch.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    JuhLucena wrote: »
    This is outrageous. Completely disrespectful! It was not a glitch, this was decided and done by EA, I have absolutely no doubt about it. And if the buyers don't boycott them now, don't speak out, don't fight them, it will only get worse.

I'd contact customer service. I think it was an error.
    edited November 2017
    @samemie The price always was 79,90BRL for all expansions packs. When we have offers it goes down to about 40BRL. I think the price is chosen based on the intern market. For 150BRL, hardly anyone would be willing to pay. Besides that the price didn't change when our currency was very undervalued about two years ago.
    Support already update us saying they're investigating. ;)

@catloverplayer
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Simply applying the exchange rate will not allow you to understand the outrageous increase of the price for players in Brazil. Salaries and the cost of living are very different even between neighbouring countries. To compare between continents may be good math, but it's bad economics. I checked the average monthly incomes for Europe and Brazil and while in Europe the EP costs 1/56 of an average salary, players in Brazil pay 1/14 of an average salary if this is indeed not a glitch.
    I completely understand the dissappointment and hope this issue can be resolved soon.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MeroMero Posts: 1 New Member
    Very sad about this. The support is inefficient too and don't make nothing unless be rude with us. I wish bought the EP yesterday but i'm quite, not more nothing about The Sims 4 for me.....
  • Dani_Semedo94Dani_Semedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Mero said:
    > Very sad about this. The support is inefficient too and don't make nothing unless be rude with us. I wish bought the EP yesterday but i'm quite, not more nothing about The Sims 4 for me.....

The suport is also very contradictory. I hope they give us a answer soon !
  • SuiBrunaSuiBruna Posts: 1 New Member
    I was going to buy it tomorrow, I'm not going anymore. A lot of other Brazilians neither.
    We wait the whole year for it, and now they do it with us. >:(
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2017
    @samemie (I am having quoting issues.)
    I am not trying to argue with you or anything, because I understand that you are just trying to comprehend what happened here as well, but "Maybe the person who jacked up the price also did it before they were fully awake?" would be fine if we were talking about the price of a bag of peanuts at a corner shop, but EA is a global company, so I'm going to go with no.
    I am also not trying to argue this is a human rights issue, as no one needs a video game to survive, it is just plain - let's say silly, for the sake of censorship - to hike prices in this matter, when you take the local economic circumstances into account and the fact that TS4 has a rather young target audience. Parents are not going to spend this kind of money and players overall are going to be very upset. Who wouldn't be upset about an 88% increase?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimtasticCassieSimtasticCassie Posts: 1 New Member
    I just talked with EA, and they couldn't give me any good answers to my questions about the price increase. They said they haven't got any update/information about it, and the advisor tried to find something for me. He suddenly says that one of his colleagues found out that the promotion ended in october, but I can't find any sources for this. I searched through Twitter, Facebook, Google, and even 16 pages with "Cats and dogs" tags on Sims Community. Nada to find. I think it's weird when even EA can't answer on this.

For information, I live in Norway.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @samemie (I am having quoting issues.)
    I am not trying to argue with you or anything, because I understand that you are just trying to comprehend what happened here as well, but "Maybe the person who jacked up the price also did it before they were fully awake?" would be fine if we were talking about the price of a bag of peanuts at a corner shop, but EA is a global company, so I'm going to go with no.
    I am also not trying to argue this is a human rights issue, as no one needs a video game to survive, it is just plain - let's say silly, for the sake of censorship - to hike prices in this matter, when you take the local economic circumstances into account and the fact that TS4 has a rather young target audience. Parents are not going to spend this kind of money and players overall are going to be very upset. Who wouldn't be upset about an 88% increase?

Sorry, the awake thing was a (clearly bad) joke.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I live in Brazil too and even though I bought it back then when it was announced and was still R$79,90, I agree that this price is abusive! :angry: I feel mad, not for myself, since I bought it for the old price, but for the other people who were still going to buy it close to or after the release. I hope they revert it back to the old price soon since R$149,90 is the same price as the base game standard edition! Even though I buy every pack I don't think I would have bought it for this price.

Base game price:
    wNg18EO.png
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2017
    @samemie @Netzspannung I could actually see them looking at the prices around the world, seeing Brazil's is about half the average price people pay (after conversions, of course), and then raising it without looking into why it was set that way to begin with. It seems like a gross oversight to me, and in time I believe it will be corrected. But I do feel badly for everyone who wanted to play it as soon as it came out, and now can't. That's wrong...
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm hoping this will be sorted out as soon as possible, it's not right to lead players on for months so they're excited to then suddenly double the price! I'm sure nobody will spend their money on it, which is their loss at the end of the day.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Looks like EA is up to their dirty tricks again. This doesn't surprise me at all. My advice is don't buy it, don't let them get away with this.