Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11/7 patch, sim arms bug (CC-related issue)

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    susman223 wrote: »
    I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS

It's the CC that will need updating, I'm afraid. EA isn't responsible for updating CC and mods.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    susman223 wrote: »
    I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS

EA isn't going to fix a CC related issue. It isn't their responsibility to.
    Hopefully whenever S4S gets updated a batch fix can used to fix this, but that's just me with my fingers crossed :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    susman223susman223 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > susman223 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's the CC that will need updating, I'm afraid. EA isn't responsible for updating CC and mods.

I would of thought they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 something up and thats why this is happening
  • Options
    Ninator1985Ninator1985 Posts: 7 New Member
    For Karallyne: Hello karallyne, it's exactly the same as you. The arms are stuck to the body of the sims whenever I choose clothes with personalized content. I've been finding out about it, and the problem is that they've modeled the geometry (although I do not notice any changes) and that's why it looks bad. Look and see how it only happens with personalized clothes, with the game no. This is because the Sims 4 studio with which all the custom content has been created so far has been obsolete. Hopefully Maxis will find a solution to this problem because otherwise, all the custom clothes that we have been accumulating so far, are going to go to waste. Forgive my English, I'm using the google translator. I am Spanish.
  • Options
    susman223susman223 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Ninator1985 said:
    > For Karallyne: Hello karallyne, it's exactly the same as you. The arms are stuck to the body of the sims whenever I choose clothes with personalized content. I've been finding out about it, and the problem is that they've modeled the geometry (although I do not notice any changes) and that's why it looks bad. Look and see how it only happens with personalized clothes, with the game no. This is because the Sims 4 studio with which all the custom content has been created so far has been obsolete. Hopefully Maxis will find a solution to this problem because otherwise, all the custom clothes that we have been accumulating so far, are going to go to waste. Forgive my English, I'm using the google translator. I am Spanish.

Thanks of the insight, this makes me feel much better
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    For Karallyne: Hello karallyne, it's exactly the same as you. The arms are stuck to the body of the sims whenever I choose clothes with personalized content. I've been finding out about it, and the problem is that they've modeled the geometry (although I do not notice any changes) and that's why it looks bad. Look and see how it only happens with personalized clothes, with the game no. This is because the Sims 4 studio with which all the custom content has been created so far has been obsolete. Hopefully Maxis will find a solution to this problem because otherwise, all the custom clothes that we have been accumulating so far, are going to go to waste. Forgive my English, I'm using the google translator. I am Spanish.

don't worry, your english is fine and I understood what you said. I've been looking into it and I have the same expectation. We probably won't be able to fix this unless the makers of sims 4 studio can release a batch fix like @CyrusTheLoser said
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    My CAS is completely broken and I removed the more columns mod already so I can't figure out what the issue is. mine looks exactly like the picture on page 1 no traits or options to change clothing its completely blank aside from the sim itself
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    My CAS is completely broken and I removed the more columns mod already so I can't figure out what the issue is. mine looks exactly like the picture on page 1 no traits or options to change clothing its completely blank aside from the sim itself

Hello @SophiaBliss
    The UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues. If you have that mod, remove it from your mods folder and then install the updated version of it when it is released.
    These links contain lists of some of the broken and updated mods. Try seeing if you have any of those mods,
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1
  • Options
    Something is going to have to do Electronic arts because each one of us has a different problem. In my case is that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 arms are stuck to the body of the sims. To other people in the Spanish forum, I read that they can not put beds because they disappear. The most anticipated expansion of the sims 4, and the one that brings the most problems. By the way, in the end I am going to move to this forum, because I see that you are very active around here in terms of problems of the game and I have seen a person with a problem similar to mine. It is not worth removing the custom content or uninstalling the game, I did it and then I had problems to reinstall it. Telephone 5 times to electronic arts (Spain) and they did not solve anything. In the end investigating by myself I found the problem that is none other than what I mentioned earlier to Karallyne who has the same problem as me
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    Something is going to have to do Electronic arts because each one of us has a different problem. In my case is that the plum arms are stuck to the body of the sims. To other people in the Spanish forum, I read that they can not put beds because they disappear. The most anticipated expansion of the sims 4, and the one that brings the most problems. By the way, in the end I am going to move to this forum, because I see that you are very active around here in terms of problems of the game and I have seen a person with a problem similar to mine. It is not worth removing the custom content or uninstalling the game, I did it and then I had problems to reinstall it. Telephone 5 times to electronic arts (Spain) and they did not solve anything. In the end investigating by myself I found the problem that is none other than what I mentioned earlier to Karallyne who has the same problem as me

Both sound like no-longer-compatible CC issues. For outfits causing arm problems, you might need to wait for an update to Sims 4 Studio, but ask in the CC area here if there's a fix with the current version (if you already have the current version - there's no download at the moment, until the new one is available). The bed problem sounds like bed CC, much of which has broken; modders will need to rebuild it. EA is not responsible for CC and mods.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Something is going to have to do Electronic arts because each one of us has a different problem. In my case is that the plum arms are stuck to the body of the sims. To other people in the Spanish forum, I read that they can not put beds because they disappear. The most anticipated expansion of the sims 4, and the one that brings the most problems. By the way, in the end I am going to move to this forum, because I see that you are very active around here in terms of problems of the game and I have seen a person with a problem similar to mine. It is not worth removing the custom content or uninstalling the game, I did it and then I had problems to reinstall it. Telephone 5 times to electronic arts (Spain) and they did not solve anything. In the end investigating by myself I found the problem that is none other than what I mentioned earlier to Karallyne who has the same problem as me

Hello
    For simmers who are having the issues with cc beds, Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with a batch fix for the beds,
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
  • Options
    And for the problem of the cc clothes?
  • Options
    janneman1janneman1 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the very same problem with most of the bottom CC and it is affecting both male and female sims. I will be devastated if this cannot be fixed!
  • Options
    It affects me even in full body clothes. By the way, on the page of Sims 4 studio, in the download section of sims 4 studio, I only see 2 downloads posted and are many months ago. In what section of the page is said sims 4 studio? Thank you.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    It affects me even in full body clothes. By the way, on the page of Sims 4 studio, in the download section of sims 4 studio, I only see 2 downloads posted and are many months ago. In what section of the page is said sims 4 studio? Thank you.

http://sims4studio.com/board/29/sims-4-studio-news, S4S Wishes is for PC, Candy Apple is for MAC
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    janneman1 wrote: »
    I have the very same problem with most of the bottom CC and it is affecting both male and female sims. I will be devastated if this cannot be fixed!
    I have the problem with all cc created by S4 Studio.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    sleepy146sleepy146 Posts: 8 New Member
    hey. I have recently updated the sims for the November patch and something has happened to my game. it's because of cc but how? before I updated it the game was fine, everything was totally normal. but now that I have updated it... cas just looks like this, and the only way that I know how to fix it is to disable cc, but I have countless hours downloading, unzipping, etc for 1000+ items. I just don't know what to do.
  • Options
    ps how do you add a picture?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @grimm_uncle and @girglam1
    > Either the More CAS columns or the UI Cheats extension mod may be causing the issues in your game. If you have them , remove these mods and see if the issues remain.

Dear @rosemow, you are the best creature to walk this planet, I cannot say how grateful I am, you just saved me. Thank you :)
  • Options
    sleepy146 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @grimm_uncle and @girglam1
    > Either the More CAS columns or the UI Cheats extension mod may be causing the issues in your game. If you have them , remove these mods and see if the issues remain.

Dear @rosemow, you are the best creature to walk this planet, I cannot say how grateful I am, you just saved me. Thank you :)

You’re welcome :)
    Just a little information, you need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile pictures , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes , This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    @rosemow, do you know if S4 studio is aware of the arm glitch on custom content?
  • Options
    aelias24 wrote: »
    @rosemow, do you know if S4 studio is aware of the arm glitch on custom content?

Hello
    I am not sure. You may like to post on a thread in this section of the forums on that site
    http://sims4studio.com/board/57/creator-studio
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    rosemow, do you know if S4 studio is aware of the arm glitch on custom content?

They're aware
    It seems that the new patched version of the game is not completely backwards compatible with the previous version's CAS mesh format. I tried updating one that had this problem and the problem went away. We can add a batch fix for this to the next version of Studio.

HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2017

They're aware

It seems that the new patched version of the game is not completely backwards compatible with the previous version's CAS mesh format. I tried updating one that had this problem and the problem went away. We can add a batch fix for this to the next version of Studio.

Thanks Cyrus, that's great news!
  • Options
    rosemow, do you know if S4 studio is aware of the arm glitch on custom content?

They're aware

OMG, thank you!!