Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11/7 patch, sim arms bug (CC-related issue)

KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
edited November 2017 in Mods Bugs & Issues
Edited to say that this problem has a solution! If CC is making your sims' arms glitch out like below, follow these instructions!
Just to update for everyone who was having the arms glitch, Sims 4 Studio has been updated so you can download the latest version (Wishes 3.1.0.4) to fix this problem. To run the batch fix, you just have to run the program, click on Tools > Batch Fixes> CAS > Update Cas CC for Pets Patch and it'll fix all your files. Just be aware that you will probably need to run the fix whenever you download CC created before the pets patch.

2eg4ger.png
Post edited by Karallyne on

Comments

• Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    edited November 2017
    My CAS is COMPLETELY unresponsive.
    The trait bar isn't there as you can see, and clicking does nothing.
    ANivkKY.png
  • Options
    fixed
  • Options
    emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    > @Kelebek said:
    > My CAS is COMPLETELY unresponsive.
    > The trait bar isn't there as you can see, and clicking does nothing.

Hey Lady! Sorry about that stupid issue :(

What I suggest doing is save everything you don't want to lose to the gallery, then reinstall the game completely. I know its a hassle but that guarantees if its something happening with the game... missing cookies, whatever, then that should fix it.

If that doesn't fix the issue then its most likely the computer you're playing on, try cleaning out all the stuff wasting space and that should help things flow a little easier!

I send the best!!!!! :)
    -Been playing this game since day one
    -I dont sponser, or work for the SIMS
    -Just a woman joe playing her sims and helping other people though the same issues I've once had
  • Options
    > @Kelebek said:
    > My CAS is COMPLETELY unresponsive.
    > The trait bar isn't there as you can see, and clicking does nothing.

Hey Lady! Sorry about that plum issue :(

What I suggest doing is save everything you don't want to lose to the gallery, then reinstall the game completely. I know its a hassle but that guarantees if its something happening with the game... missing cookies, whatever, then that should fix it.

If that doesn't fix the issue then its most likely the computer you're playing on, try cleaning out all the stuff wasting space and that should help things flow a little easier!

I send the best!!!!! :)
    -Been playing this game since day one
    -I dont sponser, or work for the SIMS
    -Just a woman joe playing her sims and helping other people though the same issues I've once had

Thank you for the advice! I just removed the CAS column, it broke CAS.
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    Kelebek wrote: »
    My CAS is COMPLETELY unresponsive.
    The trait bar isn't there as you can see, and clicking does nothing.
    ANivkKY.png

What broke yours? I had to pull my folder in my mods folder that has my Buy/build items in it. All my other CC is working fine, but something in that one folder broke my CAS like yours.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2017
    Try deleting the localthumbnailcache there. I think you have to do that every time you remove mods or smth, bc even though you've deleted the mods it still keeps information about them in that file? Idk.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    grimm_unclegrimm_uncle Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Kelebek said:
    > emilybush8185 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Kelebek said:
    > > My CAS is COMPLETELY unresponsive.
    > > The trait bar isn't there as you can see, and clicking does nothing.
    >
    > Hey Lady! Sorry about that plum issue :(
    >
    > What I suggest doing is save everything you don't want to lose to the gallery, then reinstall the game completely. I know its a hassle but that guarantees if its something happening with the game... missing cookies, whatever, then that should fix it.
    >
    > If that doesn't fix the issue then its most likely the computer you're playing on, try cleaning out all the stuff wasting space and that should help things flow a little easier!
    >
    > I send the best!!!!! :)
    > -Been playing this game since day one
    > -I dont sponser, or work for the SIMS
    > -Just a woman joe playing her sims and helping other people though the same issues I've once had
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you for the advice! I just removed the CAS column, it broke CAS.

I did that but cas is still unresponsive, and neither the options panel nor the gallery will open. :'(
  • Options
    girglam1girglam1 Posts: 39 Member
    I can't use any of the head/body editing things(the things on the right side). Clicking on my sim does nothing. The only CC I have is skins, eyes, makeup, accessories, clothes, teeth, tattoos, face details, hair, and shoes. Hopefully EA can fix this soon because a lot of people use CC/mods in their games.
    N O P E :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Annadenise
    If you have the More Cas Columns mod has been causing this issue.
    This is a link to the mod site
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    It would be best to remove the old version, then check the site to download the new version when it is updated.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Annadenise
    It would be best to remove the old version, then check the site to download the new version when it is updated.

Thank you rosemow, I didn't realize that was in that specific folder. I just deleted it and will put that folder in my mods in a few and let you know.
  • Options
    Hello @grimm_uncle and @girglam1
    Either the More CAS columns or the UI Cheats extension mod may be causing the issues in your game. If you have them , remove these mods and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Karallyne, you may also want to ask your question over at Sims 4 Studio, maybe one of the CC Creators over there have some idea why the model's arms are doing that. You will need to be a member to ask but, membership is free. I think the Creator Studio Q & A thread would be the best place to ask.

@_orangemittens_ are you around? Do you have any ideas for the original poster's issue?
  • Options
    Annadenise wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Annadenise

Thank you rosemow, I didn't realize that was in that specific folder. I just deleted it and will put that folder in my mods in a few and let you know.

Thank you rosemow, that solved my problem. :)
  • Options
    SimsAfterDarkSimsAfterDark Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having an issue with my whole game. I updated sims today, then at first I tried enabling custom content/mods. It lets me choose which world I want to play in, and which house hold, but when I click play household it just goes to the loading screen and never does anything. Are we able to use what custom content we have already, or do I need to delete it? (gosh, I hope not. lol) I just can't play any houses.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I'm having an issue with my whole game. I updated sims today, then at first I tried enabling custom content/mods. It lets me choose which world I want to play in, and which house hold, but when I click play household it just goes to the loading screen and never does anything. Are we able to use what custom content we have already, or do I need to delete it? (gosh, I hope not. lol) I just can't play any houses.

No need to delete anything just yet, first thing is pull all of your mods/cc from the game, I have a folder sitting on my desktop when I put my mods/cc, then go into your game and see if it works without mods, if so exit without saving, then you need to test you mods/cc in small batches until you find which mod/cc is broken.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    zosiezosie Posts: 14 New Member
    im also having a problem with my cas, although i fixed my other problem with the multiple columns mod, this one is where my kijiko eyelashes dont seem to be working. it worked perfectly fine before the patch but now the structure of them is messed up. any ideas on how to fix it?
  • Options
    SimsAfterDarkSimsAfterDark Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Jagwithtude said:
    > SimsAfterDark wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue with my whole game. I updated sims today, then at first I tried enabling custom content/mods. It lets me choose which world I want to play in, and which house hold, but when I click play household it just goes to the loading screen and never does anything. Are we able to use what custom content we have already, or do I need to delete it? (gosh, I hope not. lol) I just can't play any houses.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No need to delete anything just yet, first thing is pull all of your mods/cc from the game, I have a folder sitting on my desktop when I put my mods/cc, then go into your game and see if it works without mods, if so exit without saving, then you need to test you mods/cc in small batches until you find which mod/cc is broken.

I deleted the mods but it's still doing it, so it must be the cc. Is it the patch that messed up the cc? I don't mind deleting the mods, but I have so much cc :/ Thank you!
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    > @Jagwithtude said:
    > SimsAfterDark wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue with my whole game. I updated sims today, then at first I tried enabling custom content/mods. It lets me choose which world I want to play in, and which house hold, but when I click play household it just goes to the loading screen and never does anything. Are we able to use what custom content we have already, or do I need to delete it? (gosh, I hope not. lol) I just can't play any houses.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No need to delete anything just yet, first thing is pull all of your mods/cc from the game, I have a folder sitting on my desktop when I put my mods/cc, then go into your game and see if it works without mods, if so exit without saving, then you need to test you mods/cc in small batches until you find which mod/cc is broken.

I deleted the mods but it's still doing it, so it must be the cc. Is it the patch that messed up the cc? I don't mind deleting the mods, but I have so much cc :/ Thank you!

You are welcome, there have been some reports of broken cc as well, again don't delete anything you want in your game, test it first, I have a lot of cc and a few mods myself, I haven't updated yet am waiting for the mods I use to be updated first. I do know that I will be spending several hours going through my cc when I do update my game, this is just something we that use mods/cc have to do after a big patch.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @Karallyne, you may also want to ask your question over at Sims 4 Studio, maybe one of the CC Creators over there have some idea why the model's arms are doing that. You will need to be a member to ask but, membership is free. I think the Creator Studio Q & A thread would be the best place to ask.

_orangemittens_ are you around? Do you have any ideas for the original poster's issue?
    Thank you! I actually did make a post over there so hopefully someone can help me.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    zosie wrote: »
    im also having a problem with my cas, although i fixed my other problem with the multiple columns mod, this one is where my kijiko eyelashes dont seem to be working. it worked perfectly fine before the patch but now the structure of them is messed up. any ideas on how to fix it?

Hello
    There has been other simmers posting that the eyelashes aren’t working. They seem to have been broken by the patch. There may be a new updated version released. Try checking the site where you downloaded them from and see if a new version has been released now or soon. .
  • Options
    TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    The eyelashes work flawlessly for me, there has to be something else that's causing the eyelashes to not work or look messed up.. maybe a piece of cc or a mod that didn't confirm with it before but does now, I'd recommend maybe testing just your eyelashes in game and seeing if the problem persisted.
  • Options
    TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    Conflict* not confirm...
  • Options
    SerendipitiaSerendipitia Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey guys, I can confirm that Kijiko eyelashes are working for me but I had a problem with my CAS background not showing any of the clothing options and didn't give me the option the close out of CAS which is strange. However I did notice that some of my hair CC looks different... like it's a different shade of colour and also shinier, has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    There are different versions of Kijiko's Eyelashes and one version works but the other doesn't. I think it's the expansion mesh ver 2 that doesn't work. They are aware and are working on fixing it.
  • Options
    susman223susman223 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS