Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Well this takes me back,
    I was on the forums during the release of Sims 3 pets and I remember the utter hellscape when the pack broke most custom content. I'm hoping it's not going to be as bad.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    "Nap on the Ground" and "Music Lover Idle Animation in Live Mode", both by Triplis, don't seem to work. @Triplis has posted to say they're updating their mods (thank you so much, btw), but just in case anybody missed it.

"Have Some Personality Please!" by PolarBearSims isn't working properly, but they have said that a fix is on the way.

"Simulation Lag Fix" by duderocks is possibly broken, but they have said they're testing out the script, and to keep only the tuning file (.package) in the Mods folder for the time being.

"Emotional Inertia" by roBurky seems to be working as intended.

i don't know if "Stop Random Flirting" by Aariancya still works, same with "No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions" by egureh.
    Post edited by fewlines on
  • Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    I don't know if I should post this here but I was wondering if anyone knows what cc might be broken to cause this
    (I'm putting it in a spoiler because some people might get frightened by these images)
    FcApROM.png?1
    7gSQZ54.png?1
    Would it be a default custom skin? This happened when I added an extra sim, the first one even when randomized was normal, when I tried to use genetics from that first sim to create a sibling the same thing happened. That first sim was male btw and this is a female.
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    "Nap on the Ground" and "Music Lover Idle Animation in Live Mode", both by Triplis, don't seem to work. @Triplis has posted to say they're updating their mods (thank you so much, btw), but just in case anybody missed it.

"Have Some Personality Please!" by PolarBearSims isn't working properly, but they have said that a fix is on the way.

"Simulation Lag Fix" by duderocks is possibly broken, but they have said they're testing out the script, and to keep only the tuning file (.package) in the Mods folder for the time being.

i don't know if "Stop Random Flirting" by Aariancya still works, same with "No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions" by egureh.

I removed Simulation Lag Fix from my game since EA actually fixed the lag themselves in the patch. Idk why anyone would still need it at this point.
    edited November 2017
    @Chazzzy, all i could find in the patch notes is the fix for in-game clock issues--time skipping forward and back after changing game speed, which isn't the same as simulation lag. so that's the one thing this mod helped with it should no longer take care of.

but what the modder describes as "head bobbing, sims doing nothing for a few hours" might still be present. more testing is needed. what i wrote above, "testing out the script, and to keep only the tuning file (.package) in the Mods folder for the time being" is the modder's advice.

(edit: thank you, @luthienrising, for creating this thread.)
    Post edited by fewlines on
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    fewlines wrote: »

I removed Simulation Lag Fix from my game since EA actually fixed the lag themselves in the patch. Idk why anyone would still need it at this point.

They haven't fixed the Simulation lag just the clock issue.
    @PapayaPancake, i was just editing my post to mention that difference. thanks for the confirmation!
  • Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Izzeh96 wrote: »
    I don't know if I should post this here but I was wondering if anyone knows what cc might be broken to cause this
    (I'm putting it in a spoiler because some people might get frightened by these images)
    FcApROM.png?1
    7gSQZ54.png?1
    Would it be a default custom skin? This happened when I added an extra sim, the first one even when randomized was normal, when I tried to use genetics from that first sim to create a sibling the same thing happened. That first sim was male btw and this is a female.

Do you have the Merged No Ea lashes by Cienzrosa package? Because that happened exactly like that to me a while back
    [
  • LittlebearLittlebear Posts: 73 Member
    I suppose I was mistaken my apologies I quickly went in game and my adults have two traits not 3 like they should. I'm not sure why I thought they had 4 I'm sorry for the confusion. the two sim parents I play have two traits like teens and not 3 which seems like a glitch on eas part as i repaired my game and removed all my mods and its still happening the 50/50 method doesnt seem to be working the moment i start putting clothes in it starts both genders are affected but children are fine . there's just no possible way that every single bit of clothing I've got is suddenly unusable and if it is I'll try not to cry haha. hopefully sims 4 studio will have a fix for this.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Littlebear wrote: »
    I suppose I was mistaken my apologies I quickly went in game and my adults have two traits not 3 like they should. I'm not sure why I thought they had 4 I'm sorry for the confusion. the two sim parents I play have two traits like teens and not 3 which seems like a glitch on eas part as i repaired my game and removed all my mods and its still happening the 50/50 method doesnt seem to be working the moment i start putting clothes in it starts both genders are affected but children are fine . there's just no possible way that every single bit of clothing I've got is suddenly unusable and if it is I'll try not to cry haha. hopefully sims 4 studio will have a fix for this.

Well if you use modded traits, those could be broken. None of my CAS cc is broken, but I also only use Maxis Match since Alpha looks bad and out o f place in my game. I had some custom trait, but none of my sims were using them so I removed all unused cc and all mods when the patch was loading.
  • Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Christi83 wrote: »
    FcApROM.png?1
    7gSQZ54.png?1

Do you have the Merged No Ea lashes by Cienzrosa package? Because that happened exactly like that to me a while back

Not the merged version, but I do have that mod, yes. So that might be it then?
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    FcApROM.png?1
    7gSQZ54.png?1
    I haven’t checked yet since I just woke up and am getting ready for classes but if you have sims4studio, check your CC. If it’s all organized in a folder, check the folder where you put your eyelashes and see if any file causes the face to be like that
    The post is old but the method the same: http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/how-to-clean-out-your-custom-content-with-sims-4-studio.2029/
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I haven't read thru all 5 pages, but here is the mods I've tested so far. I'll be updating/editing this post as I'm still testing mods.

Broken:
    CC double beds are broken,
    Kijiko 3D Ver.2 lashes are broken, as are the kids lashes from them.
    DB Tea for kids is broken,
    Tanja Neighborhoods Vampire Free (All)Ver.2.0 is broken (stops all sims from walking by).

Not Broken:
    DB Cream Cola and Rootbeer for Kids,
    Scumbumbo No Video Distortion No Mute,
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I haven't read thru all 5 pages, but here is the mods I've tested so far. I'll be updating/editing this post as I'm still testing mods.

Broken:

Omg nooo I am so distraught about that :weary:
    How am I gonna put up with EA'S blocky wings! And are all CC double beds broken?
    tumblr_nbaxbaYeKJ1qayh8do1_500.gif

giphy_1.gif
  • RustanTLRustanTL Posts: 1 New Member
    So I've gotten rid of a few sadly... But for some reason, I can't join a carrier on my phone or in the job category. Only on the computer. As strange as that is.. I'm not sure what other mod may have broke that option.. hm.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    roBurky's No Happy Environment mod seems to have survived the patch intact.
    edited November 2017
    roBurky's No Happy Environment mod seems to have survived the patch intact.
    yes! it says at MTS that all of roBurky's mods are fine. :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    RustanTL wrote: »
    So I've gotten rid of a few sadly... But for some reason, I can't join a carrier on my phone or in the job category. Only on the computer. As strange as that is.. I'm not sure what other mod may have broke that option.. hm.

I never checked a career on the computer but I also noticed I couldn't join a career in the job category as well. I was also wondering if it was a certain mod that broke it.
  • LittlebearLittlebear Posts: 73 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer all custom traits were removed as well as other cc i didnt use and mods listed as not working still having that issue even after removing everything and repairing my game seems like every piece of cc i carefully put back in Shirts and bottoms are the problem it seems t but the trait issue seems like a ea glitch because it was still there after i restarted my game after removing everything. I dont understand why that's happening unless there could be an issue else where in my sims 4 folder I cant find any thing about this. Not that I mind Ive got things to do while I wait for all these fixes.lolol
  • AnnieDepressantAnnieDepressant Posts: 45 Member
    My Latest list of Working, Broken and Fixed List is available on my tumblr with links - http://suebarr753.tumblr.com/post/167251814313/workingfixed-mods-7th-nov-patch
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ciarassims wrote: »

Broken:

How am I gonna put up with EA'S blocky wings! And are all CC double beds broken?

My reaction as well... :'( At first I thought i'd try vanilla, but seconds after I couldn't do it. Then I just found out about the eyelashes. I feel soo torn and part of me regrets updating. Like I love the new downsizing feature hands down...but....THE EYELASHSES! :weary:

And the seperate beds....oh boy this is gonna be a tough survival...
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    RustanTL wrote: »

I never checked a career on the computer but I also noticed I couldn't join a career in the job category as well. I was also wondering if it was a certain mod that broke it.

I had that issue before the update
    It was a mod to stop random phone interactions like taking selfies
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Broken:

My reaction as well... :'( At first I thought i'd try vanilla, but seconds after I couldn't do it. Then I just found out about the eyelashes. I feel soo torn and part of me regrets updating. Like I love the new downsizing feature hands down...but....THE EYELASHSES! :weary:

I just read that Kijiko the CC creator said he/she is looking into it so hopefully we should have them back soon! :D The eyelashes are so pretty too, such a shame they got broken... Kijikos creations are always lovely though.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    Hello, Road To Fame "MOD" has been updated and now works with the latest patch
    Update: 11/7/2017 – PC 1.36.99.1020 / Mac 1.36.99.1220
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Broken:

I just read that Kijiko the CC creator said he/she is looking into it so hopefully we should have them back soon! :D The eyelashes are so pretty too, such a shame they got broken... Kijikos creations are always lovely though.

Thank goodness!! I'm gonna postpone from playing till then. Their eyelashes have been in my game for ages, I can't imagine not playing without them <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top