Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• Options
    lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2017
    @taydev You should remove the old one! As for godofallbeauties overlay – it overrrides "confident" face overlay in the game. If you choose "fine" version of the less smiling mod you don't really need it, unless the confident expression on confident sims bothers you xD.

@luthienrising I consider it pretty stable already. It's not really a fix of the old one, it's a tweaked Jazz file newly extracted from the game. But I guess I like to be cautious and maybe let's wait for feedback from people who are not my friends :wink:.
  • Options
    SopherraSopherra Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey all. On custom traits, Zerbu said on twitter:

"A test version of the new Mod Constructor should be ready for either tomorrow night or Monday, *unless* I discover a major bug before then.

I'm currently making final changes and getting it ready to be used by users."

If it is released, I'm going to be going through and updating my own custom traits, so if anyone doesn't have the time or whatever or update what they have, I'm more than happy to do it for you :)
  • Options
    Papabear22281Papabear22281 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > If you pull everything out - mods, not just CC - and delete localthumbcache (a file that is the gameplay cache), do you have the same problem?

When I remove everything, it works fine. Even my buy/build CC works fine. It's CAS CC that seems to be causing my problems.
  • Options
    KaiPandoricaKaiPandorica Posts: 2 New Member
    > @daniandthedalek said:
    > My game seems to be having issues with cc clothes that have custom meshes--whenever I try to dress my sim in any of them, it gives me the broken mesh skin (black and white/red question mark etc.) or the item goes invisible. Is anyone else seeing this?

I read this whole thread trying to see if someone else was having this problem and it seems you're the only one. Sims4Studios doesn't seem to fix this issue, and I'm not exactly sure what to do, it might be an issue only in mine (and yours) game, since no one else is talking about this. To give an example, most of the clothing I got from Studio K are having this issue, several dresses I got from other places I unfortunately can't remember where, and one that specifically comes to mind because it's the outfit of the character I play the most with, it's that hoodie that was originally a in game fullbody outfit in the athletic category, but it had been modified to be only the hoodie, without pants and necklace.

If I do find a way to fix this, I will post here again.
  • Options
    KaiPandoricaKaiPandorica Posts: 2 New Member
    > @KaiPandorica said:
    > > @daniandthedalek said:
    > > My game seems to be having issues with cc clothes that have custom meshes--whenever I try to dress my sim in any of them, it gives me the broken mesh skin (black and white/red question mark etc.) or the item goes invisible. Is anyone else seeing this?
    >
    > I read this whole thread trying to see if someone else was having this problem and it seems you're the only one. Sims4Studios doesn't seem to fix this issue, and I'm not exactly sure what to do, it might be an issue only in mine (and yours) game, since no one else is talking about this. To give an example, most of the clothing I got from Studio K are having this issue, several dresses I got from other places I unfortunately can't remember where, and one that specifically comes to mind because it's the outfit of the character I play the most with, it's that hoodie that was originally a in game fullbody outfit in the athletic category, but it had been modified to be only the hoodie, without pants and necklace.
    >
    > If I do find a way to fix this, I will post here again.

And besides Studio K, I'm pretty sure Marigold clothing also have this issue.
  • Options
    ESTAQ99ESTAQ99 Posts: 8 New Member
    Regarding Janitors on Community Lots by weerbesu - as being incompatible due to the chance of getting dogs as janitors, the one person who posted that comment, realized later on he had downloaded an outdated version of the mod. I tested in my game and it works fine (along with my other 2,053 mods, LOL).

Also, there is a new re-updated version of Better Butler and Add A Second Butler Mod by LittleMsSam posted today. It fixed a problem I had with "assigned bed to butler" option not showing. It works fine now. The new version name is LittleMsSamBetterButler18112017
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Autumn Mod by daniparadise has been updated
    The link will take you to the tumblr but it's own dashboard blog preview thing
    I don't think she updated it on her original site yet
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have successfully updated the following traits:
    These traits are from various creators.
    Anxious
    Awakened Mind
    Born Chef
    Brilliant
    Caring Curious
    Calm & Compassionate
    Determinator
    Entity
    Free Spirit
    Gamer
    Girly
    Introvert
    Lonely Intellectual
    Optimist
    Practical
    Super Keener
    Sweet
    Tech Genius
    Tech Obsessed
    Twisted

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnQRpEJJEtVCiDdNOW9-hCn7nuIb
    Post edited by Wishonmeh05 on
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    @Wishonmeh05 are they on MTS? or do you have a website to download the traits?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I have successfully updated the following traits:
    Anxious
    Awakened Mind
    Born Chef
    Brilliant
    Caring Curious
    Calm & Compassionate
    Determinator
    Entity
    Fashionista
    Feminist
    Free Spirit
    Gamer
    Girly
    Introvert
    Lonely Intellectual
    Master Crafter
    Old Fashioned
    Optimist
    Practical
    Social Media Addict
    Super Keener
    Sweet
    Tech Genius
    Tech Obsessed
    Twisted

If you would like any of these updated traits, send me a message and I'll send you a link. Also, if there are any other traits you'd like to have updated send me a message with the names and I'll try to get them done.

i would love help getting a outdated trait fixed but since the creator isn''t around anymore i don't expect it.

its one thing to say your trait is broke can you fix it its another to say i know i never downloded your stuff but can you help fix someone elses. but i didn't even start using traits til a year ago so i'm still disvovering creators.
  • Options
    simsluvr90 wrote: »

you send a message and they will provide a link or thats what it sounds like.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member

OH LOL
    I totally missed that last part
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm assuming they don't want to upload them since they belong to other creators and they just updated them since the creators are no longer doing so. really nice of you to update those traits! I may message you later about some traits that have sadly been abandoned by their creator. :)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    I'm assuming they don't want to upload them since they belong to other creators and they just updated them since the creators are no longer doing so. really nice of you to update those traits! I may message you later about some traits that have sadly been abandoned by their creator. :)

thats my problem too. the trait was abandoned by the creator. right after uploading it seems .
  • Options

OH LOL
    I totally missed that last part

i spend most of my workday saying what did you say? its not my fault i do the dishes and if they talk while its running i can't hear.
  • Options
    GalpalGalpal Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Wishonmeh05 said:
    > I have successfully updated the following traits:
    > Anxious
    > Awakened Mind
    > Born Chef
    > Brilliant
    > Caring Curious
    > Calm & Compassionate
    > Determinator
    > Entity
    > Fashionista
    > Feminist
    > Free Spirit
    > Gamer
    > Girly
    > Introvert
    > Lonely Intellectual
    > Master Crafter
    > Old Fashioned
    > Optimist
    > Practical
    > Social Media Addict
    > Super Keener
    > Sweet
    > Tech Genius
    > Tech Obsessed
    > Twisted
    >
    > If you would like any of these updated traits, send me a message and I'll send you a link. Also, if there are any other traits you'd like to have updated send me a message with the names and I'll try to get them done.

it won't let me message you about the traits :(
  • Options
    jaramaxjaramax Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Wishonmeh05 said:
    > Anxious
    > Awakened Mind
    > Born Chef
    > Brilliant
    > Caring Curious
    > Calm & Compassionate
    > Determinator
    > Entity
    > Fashionista
    > Feminist
    > Free Spirit
    > Gamer
    > Girly
    > Introvert
    > Lonely Intellectual
    > Master Crafter
    > Old Fashioned
    > Optimist
    > Practical
    > Social Media Addict
    > Super Keener
    > Sweet
    > Tech Genius
    > Tech Obsessed
    > Twisted
    >
    > If you would like any of these updated traits, send me a message and I'll send you a link. Also, if there are any other traits you'd like to have updated send me a message with the names and I'll try to get them done.

Hi.
    I can not send pm.
    Thanks for the wonderful work.
    Please send me the link to download the traits.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Bbydoll342Bbydoll342 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Wishonmeh05 said:
    > Anxious
    > Awakened Mind
    > Born Chef
    > Brilliant
    > Caring Curious
    > Calm & Compassionate
    > Determinator
    > Entity
    > Fashionista
    > Feminist
    > Free Spirit
    > Gamer
    > Girly
    > Introvert
    > Lonely Intellectual
    > Master Crafter
    > Old Fashioned
    > Optimist
    > Practical
    > Social Media Addict
    > Super Keener
    > Sweet
    > Tech Genius
    > Tech Obsessed
    > Twisted
    >

Hey can you post the link for the Sweet, Introvert, Fashionista, Free Spirit, and Gamer pls
  • Options
    Bbydoll342Bbydoll342 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Wishonmeh05 said:
    > @Bbydoll342 I'll be updating some of those this weekend. I can private message you a link for the ones I do probably tomorrow night

ok thx!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Here is a link to all the traits I have updated. They are already unzipped so you just need to place them in your mods folder.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnQRpEJJEtVCiDdNOW9-hCn7nuIb

If anyone would like help updating any other mods, please feel free to let me know.
    Post edited by Wishonmeh05 on
  • Options
    LeiaLeia Posts: 61 Member
    I second the complaint about the SimCookie's First Snow mod. Sadly it does cause Last Exeption errors and the inability for Sims to grab a quick meal (at least that, by what I've noticed) ... does anyone know what adjustments/repairs would a mod need to have to work properly? SimCookie team is currently on pause so it won't be updated by them... A fix would really be appreciated if anyone has the knowledge to do it...
  • Options
    EmmaVondrakEmmaVondrak Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay so my game was completely broken (my sims froze but time moved on/couldn't do anything at all). Got a last exception file that wouldn't specify what mod/cc that was broken. So after going through my 3000 mods I finally found the bad batch and it's "MVauquasunkidsMERGED".
    As you can see my file is merged, maybe it would work if you have them separately downloaded, I don't know.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Here is a link to all the traits I have updated. They are already unzipped so you just need to place them in your mods folder.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnQRpEJJEtVCiBd5PzvFKV7lMzOd

If anyone would like help updating any other mods, please feel free to let me know.

Drewshiver's Fairytale Prince/Princess traits

DrewShiver's Schiz...
    DrewShiver's good sense of humour
    DrewShiver's Rebellious trait

please?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

DrewShiver's Schiz...

please?

Sure. I can work on those. I'll message you when I have them done.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

DrewShiver's Schiz...

please?

Sure. I can work on those. I'll message you when I have them done.

thanks!!
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top