Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited July 2018
    Aww thanks y'all.
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Riley has got to be one of my favorite characters in the story.

Riley ROCKS! One of my top all-time fictional characters... and definitely one of my top characters based on someone we know and love! <3
    As is Joseph! :#

Well... and actually, everybody in this story! Was going to list them, but it's a long list! :D

*I-love-everybody!*

Riley is so much fun to hang with in game. :) Joseph's pretty great too. ;) I enjoy each of the characters, and CT makes me laugh every time.
    MINEZ wrote: »
    I need an the rest of this right now!!! Btw i love all of the characters equally... I will miss them

They aren't going away just yet. I just need a short break to plan out the next arc of this season.
    Makes me want to submit more characters. This story is amazing xD

You can totally submit more Sims. I will post a casting call soon. :)

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Finally got my game working. I found the culprit CC that was throwing off my game. Now I'm going through and updating all the families for Part Three. Updating as in... taking family photos and aging up family members as appropriate. I'm not revealing anything just yet for my readers until we're through the next few chapters, but I'll have something for you all soon in terms of a casting call and cast photos for the next part.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Yea!!!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I should just throw my pretty family I just uploaded for legacysim at everyone with casting calls. XD

Brewer Family. And than I can gush over how much I love my family xD
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Wait we can submit more characters? :smiley:
    I just might have to do that. XD
    Well not yet. Casting call soon xD

Hehe. I know, but I'm so going to submit another sim for this. XD
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited July 2018

Hehe. I know, but I'm so going to submit another sim for this. XD

Me too. I've already got Joseph Simself the good guy and Goober Nerdstrom the bad guy. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Haha. Y'all are funny. I'm not quite done yet with this part. I'm working on updating the families I have now. :p I'll have an idea about how many open spaces I'll have soon. Although if the families/ individuals don't fit in the city, I'll place them in another city/town.

So how about that last chapter? :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Joseph isn't allowed to die when he just realized he needs to go to Lizzie and she just realized to go to him.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited July 2018
    @AdamsEve1231 I just found this thread and I enjoyed the conversation about your story at the reading circle so much I hope you don't mind if I join in over here.

The last chapter was a bit emotional but I loved reading it.
    Tear jerkers are favorites of mine. I do love that we will get to see Carrie grow up.

I'm not surprised you are getting many people wanting to submit sims to you. Friendship is the main core of this story if you ask me so naturally we all want to see our sims become part of the gang. It's like seeing them play with all the cool kids :)
    @AdamsEve1231 I just found this thread and I enjoyed the conversation about your story at the reading circle so much I hope you don't mind if I join in over here.

The last chapter was a bit emotional but I loved reading it.
    Tear jerkers are favorites of mine. I do love that we will get to see Carrie grow up.

I'm not surprised you are getting many people wanting to submit sims to you. Friendship is the main core of this story if you ask me so naturally we all want to see our sims become part of the gang. It's like seeing them play with all the cool kids :)

Oh yeah, absolutely, @Piazzagirl1015. Feel free to join in over here. And you have Sims joining the next season so I hope to see more of you over here. :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing Carrie grow up too.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I can't vouch for the personality Carrie will get but I made sure she would at least grow up pretty. ;)

Definitely got a symphony of moods from the last few chapters. How will you even continue? :p Though if Joseph died too, you'd gain some legendary black widow status.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hiya! You asked in your last author's notes for our ideas for goals for Part 3! Thought I'd share them here, in case we all want to chat about them!

It would be cool to do something involving weather and holidays!

What if we had holidays that we could also celebrate on the Writers' Lounge? :o

And what about cats and dogs and hamsters? I'm hoping that the Cat-Tea family adopts a few strays--and maybe adopts a few kids! (or maybe Amy would want to have a kid? @Shadami ? Who do we want for the donor? Don? LOL!)

Anyway, those are my suggestions for goals:

1) Weather
    2) Holidays
    3) Cats/Dogs/Hamsters!

And anything that involves rainboots would be awesome! (but I'm not crazy about umbrellas)

(I think CT would love a bee-hive, too! Bond with bees!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Catching up on my updates. :) We went ziplining through the mountains yesterday and then did the 3 1/2 hour scenic drive for my husband's birthday, and then today we met with a realtor since we're looking to buy a house. I'm on vacation until Thursday but honestly I haven't been at my computer much, but I've lurked a bit via my phone.
    Joseph isn't allowed to die when he just realized he needs to go to Lizzie and she just realized to go to him.

@Shadami I don't think you need to worry about that. ;)
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I can't vouch for the personality Carrie will get but I made sure she would at least grow up pretty. ;)

Definitely got a symphony of moods from the last few chapters. How will you even continue? :p Though if Joseph died too, you'd gain some legendary black widow status.

@InfraGreen That would be bad. Lol. Lizzie will take their kids, but not the guys themselves? I think I'm entitled to a Joseph face >> :#

I've got some plans for the next season arc. Feel free to pipe in and throw down some ideas for Lizzie's goals.
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hiya! You asked in your last author's notes for our ideas for goals for Part 3! Thought I'd share them here, in case we all want to chat about them!

It would be cool to do something involving weather and holidays!

What if we had holidays that we could also celebrate on the Writers' Lounge? :o

And what about cats and dogs and hamsters? I'm hoping that the Cat-Tea family adopts a few strays--and maybe adopts a few kids! (or maybe Amy would want to have a kid? @Shadami ? Who do we want for the donor? Don? LOL!)

Anyway, those are my suggestions for goals:

1) Weather
    2) Holidays
    3) Cats/Dogs/Hamsters!

And anything that involves rainboots would be awesome! (but I'm not crazy about umbrellas)

(I think CT would love a bee-hive, too! Bond with bees!)

@CathyTea I plan to make use of seasons and weather. I'm a little bummed you can't just switch the seasons as quickly as TS3, but I guess that makes it more of an ISBI. I don't have My First Pet yet so I can't adopt a hamster. Unfortunately, Lizzie and Joseph are at a full house so I'm not sure I can introduce my real life kitty without a mod. I rolled at random to see which houses got kids and which didn't. You'll see with the Tea-Cats, but perhaps they'll adopt kiddos if they don't have them to start in Season 3. I would totally welcome suggestions for holidays in Season 3 and in general in the future. I almost wish we got new festivals with Seasons expansion, but I don't think we did. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your feedback.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2018
    And as for chapters... here are the latest two...

06-14-18_10-13-42c2a0pm.png?w=1075
    featuring @InfraGreen's Carrie Buckley and the "voice" of Rob Buckley :):/:'(
    City Goal # 22: Color Outside the Lines

so spoiler-y but I'm sharing the photo anyway...
    1a.png?w=1075
    featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph
    City Goal # 23: Back to You

Stay tuned for the two-part Epilogue in the next two days!

And... then... the official casting call will be up tomorrow. :smiley:

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited July 2018
    BIG SHOUT OUT to @AdamsEve1231 for this SimLit. Especially Part II.

You fooled us all in thinking that the second to last chapter was about Joe Joseph in a car accident when it really was her being notified about Carrie. Well played.

And...

The way you ended Part II was an awe moment. Three babies and a youngster child. What could ever go wrong for Part III? :grimace:

I wish we could ask friends to babysit. I know we could ask them to hang-out and then leave the household with the child, but the friend would eventually leave and then the child could end up being alone and social services gets a call. :(

My suggestions for Part III
    - Lizzie writes her own biography (maybe just her experiences from Part II)
    - More weddings! *cough*Rikira*cough*
    - You did an awesome job with creating your own Seasons before it was released. Excited to see what you come up with now the Pack has been released.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    *slow clap* Well done! @AdamsEve1231

I think I came onboard about midway through Part II but I've enjoyed every minute of it!!!

Suggestions for Part Three:
    - Family Holiday (camping or jungle adventure)
    - Change of Career (maybe take advantage of new seasons career and have Lizzie take up gardening.)
    - Something to do with the Character Value Traits for all the kids (maybe just certain ones or all of the good traits.)
    - Have each teenage kid have a skill at level 5 before they finish high school (use club system to "Hire tutors" perhaps.)

I'll add more if I can think of something else.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    *slow clap* Well done! @AdamsEve1231

I think I came onboard about midway through Part II but I've enjoyed every minute of it!!!

Suggestions for Part Three:
    - Family Holiday (camping or jungle adventure)
    - Change of Career (maybe take advantage of new seasons career and have Lizzie take up gardening.)
    - Something to do with the Character Value Traits for all the kids (maybe just certain ones or all of the good traits.)
    - Have each teenage kid have a skill at level 5 before they finish high school (use club system to "Hire tutors" perhaps.)

I'll add more if I can think of something else.

Omg I love these suggestions. <3
    Since you have the Parenthood pack you're already on track for the Super Parent aspiration.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Oh gosh not don xD I need to read the new parts!
    Oh gosh not don xD I need to read the new parts!

I know. It was so sad. :'(
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited July 2018
    Been loving the lastest updates
    So much romance and happy endings for the entire gang. It's almost as if you are ending it the same way it began with a Lizzy and Joe starting a new life together and a wedding.

I'll have Dancing Queen in my head all day which is fine. I love Abba. Right now my daughter is begging me to stop singing it. LOL

My suggestions would be to do all the holiday celebrations from the seasons holidays and maybe a custom one also. The way I see it the core of this story is the strong friendship bond along with Lizzie and her family so I could see them all coming together to spend the holidays together.

Lizzie and Joe now have a family and I'm sure all the couples that were formed at the end will have children soon. We already know Karleen and Munter have a baby so maybe some of the parenthood pack we could see here. A Toddler playdate maybe (I think that is the Toddler Stuff Pack so if you have that one) Or how about Carrie getting into scouting?
    Or how about Carrie getting into scouting?

Ooh yes. She needs the support network. <3

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited July 2018
    153039629448174713.png?w=1075

The official casting call is here! :)
    July 2018 Casting Call
    For this story, I am following an ISBI (I'm Surrounded By Idi*ts) Challenge. I will only control my Simself throughout the course of the story, even though my Simself will be living with her Sim family.

If you'd like to submit a Sim for the third part of my Simself story, I'd be happy to accept. This is an ISBI legacy, but it's a slow-moving one, because that's how I roll. :p This upcoming Part Three will be the final part in my Simself's timeline before the next generation takes over.

A few notes:
    1. I now have all expansions (including Seasons) and the following stuff packs: Laundry Day, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Romantic Garden Stuff, Holiday, and Perfect Patio.
    2. I accept CC, but I'd prefer to avoid an overabundance of CC.
    3. I accept pets. Furry critters are encouraged. :)
    4. This upcoming arc takes place in San Myshuno and is titled Parenthood. :)
    5. For all Sims currently in game, I went around and performed one romantic (not the woohoo) interaction between the couples to see if they’d have children (if they didn’t already). Then I left things alone. I was pretty surprised many families already have kids by the time I got back around to them. Also I rolled at random to see which couples or individuals would be adopting children.
    6. It’s my plan to move faster through this arc. I plan to have all the kids in game age together (i.e. toddler-child-teen). A few infants and pregnancies in game will remain as is at the start of Part 3, meaning pregnancies will proceed as normal and infants will remain infants until the next age up.
    7. Since toddlers are a pain in the butt sometimes not all sunshine and rainbows ;) I may control both adults in my household temporarily to see to urgent (red bar) toddler needs. Otherwise everything will be as normal game rules for the ISBI.
    8. If you submit a Sim, and specifically would like to see them as a love interest for the next generation, I may age your Sims down to keep things legal... appropriate...kosher!
    Submit Your Sims Now - Season 3: Parenthood
    • Gallery ID
    • Family name
    • Back story or any additional information you'd like me to have for the sake of the story OR I can create one for you
    • If you use a limited amount of CC, where can I find it?
    • I'd prefer 1 flaw/negative trait for realism.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting your Sims!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest