March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @MINEZ Fantastic. I'll add them to the game tonight. :)

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @TheYayToast I somehow missed your post. :# Thanks so much for submitting Sims. I'll add them today.

Yay! Thank you. I'm glad you like them. :smile:
    Hey everyone, I managed to update all the characters today and get their bios up on my site. I also wrote a background post, catching up with all the families around the Springs, San Myshuno, and even a new addition to Newcrest. I added three Sims of my own, plus the newest submissions by @MINEZ and @TheYayToast. Also checked in with characters submitted by @CathyTea, @friendsfan367, @LegacySims2017, @MadameLee, @MsShadami, @pammiechick, @simscognito, @SoulGal7, and @Zurka. You can check out the post here and find out what your Sims have been up to in between Part One and Two. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Fun! My city family is one of the first sims families I’d made. Funn6 to see them after all,these years! Thanks for tagging me!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Fun! My city family is one of the first sims families I’d made. Funn6 to see them after all,these years! Thanks for tagging me!

You're welcome, @pammiechick. I enjoyed including the Chambers family.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey everyone, I managed to update all the characters today and get their bios up on my site. I also wrote a background post, catching up with all the families around the Springs, San Myshuno, and even a new addition to Newcrest. I added three Sims of my own, plus the newest submissions by @MINEZ and @TheYayToast. Also checked in with characters submitted by @CathyTea, @friendsfan367, @LegacySims2017, @MadameLee, @MsShadami, @pammiechick, @simscognito, @SoulGal7, and @Zurka. You can check out the post here and find out what your Sims have been up to in between Part One and Two. :)

Eeee! This was great. I hope my Sims help spice up your neighborhood.

I do adore the split hair color style from Pets so much. I just wish it matched my real hair... Which is one side pink and the other side purple. Sometimes I miss the color wheel from Sims 3. Sigh.

Marie looks so different with her new hairstyle. I like it. Haha.

I do adore the split hair color style from Pets so much. I just wish it matched my real hair... Which is one side pink and the other side purple. Sometimes I miss the color wheel from Sims 3. Sigh.

@TheYayToast I miss the customize-everything options in TS3 too. Unfortunately, I had to change her hair. I tried to find something similar but couldn't quite get it. I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Ha, ha, ha w/Goober Nerdstrom. I remember seeing a movie once...think it was called "The Roommate" where this woman did a lot to change her looks and personality to be like this other one. It ends where the first one kills her look-alike. It's been so long to remember all of it, but seeing your images and possibly storyline behind them cracked me up and reminded me of that movie.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

@TheYayToast I miss the customize-everything options in TS3 too. Unfortunately, I had to change her hair. I tried to find something similar but couldn't quite get it. I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

I miss being able to have everything with the same awful or brilliant pattern, or the exact same shade of a color. It certainly made berry rooms very um bright? However I don't miss the very dark look of 3. Everything looked so moody compared to cartoony color palette and lighting of 4. I actually look back at sims of my old sims 3 screenshots and wince. 4 just looks prettier to me now.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Ha, ha, ha w/Goober Nerdstrom. I remember seeing a movie once...think it was called "The Roommate" where this woman did a lot to change her looks and personality to be like this other one. It ends where the first one kills her look-alike. It's been so long to remember all of it, but seeing your images and possibly storyline behind them cracked me up and reminded me of that movie.

@LegacySims2017 - I believe that movie was called Single White Female with Jennifer Leigh and Bridget Fonda - a thriller.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

@LegacySims2017 - I believe that movie was called Single White Female with Jennifer Leigh and Bridget Fonda - a thriller.

Most likely. I'm old. I can't remember names of movies. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Most likely. I'm old. I can't remember names of movies. :grimace:

@LegacySims2017 - I seem to remember all the names of creepy movies I've seen. lol
    Hahah... the creepy movie discussion. That sounds familiar... the movie...

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey all, I updated @Karilan's Sage Reed and added @Munterbacon's Simself and dog, Dash, @Bugsie2016's Simself and dog, and @Rockannie's Simself and cat to my game today and their profiles are up on the character page here. Thanks to everyone who submitted Sims. I'll have a final update post tomorrow (Thursday) before the first official chapter release on Friday. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey peoples, happy Friday! Or whatever day it is there.

Today is the day I've been waiting for... and I think some of you have too. :) I'm excited to announce Livin' A Simmin' Life (LASL): Part Two, City Livin' returns today, featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph Simself.

02-19-18_11-34-45c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    City Goal #1: Find Place

The ending even surprised me. ;) Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    :o:'(:D:) words can't do it.
    MINEZ wrote: »
    :o:'(:D:) words can't do it.

Aww... Thanks, @MINEZ. I feel like this was all the Sims doing, and I was just along for the ride.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    So I'm debating something... for LASL... and could use some advice.
    I've taken an entire side trip into Forgotten Hollow with my Sim couple. I've written a handful of chapters, but they're not set in San Myshuno. I'm trying to decide if I release them as short chapters on a daily basis until finished with the section on my WP (like I did with the bulk of my chapters in Part One), or if I should release them as shorts on my Simblr. I fully plan to write chapters in San Myshuno and delve into City Livin', but I really liked the random gameplay that I decided to write narrative for it and want to share it somehow.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • somnasimssomnasims Posts: 64 Member
    I've just now caught up with your story, it's so good! I love your writing and the automatic interactions the sims do are awesome. And I like how you've made up this sims world with "simified" names for all the places :smiley: And you're including all the other sims nicely. Too bad I missed the casting call :lol:
    I've taken an entire side trip into Forgotten Hollow with my Sim couple. I've written a handful of chapters, but they're not set in San Myshuno. I'm trying to decide if I release them as short chapters on a daily basis until finished with the section on my WP (like I did with the bulk of my chapters in Part One), or if I should release them as shorts on my Simblr. I fully plan to write chapters in San Myshuno and delve into City Livin', but I really liked the random gameplay that I decided to write narrative for it and want to share it somehow.

Do you mean like that it wouldn't fit with the story or something? I'd love to read it in your blog. It could be like a little side story, or just in the main story, I doubt anyone minds if it's not set in San Myshuno.
    somnasims wrote: »
    I've just now caught up with your story, it's so good! I love your writing and the automatic interactions the sims do are awesome. And I like how you've made up this sims world with "simified" names for all the places :smiley: And you're including all the other sims nicely. Too bad I missed the casting call :lol:

Do you mean like that it wouldn't fit with the story or something? I'd love to read it in your blog. It could be like a little side story, or just in the main story, I doubt anyone minds if it's not set in San Myshuno.

@somnasims Aww... thank you. You can most definitely submit for Part Three. Working out details for that but I'll keep you all posted.

No, it's not that it doesn't fit in the story. It's between my two main characters, with some townies. More like it's not set in the city and therefore most of the Sims people just submitted wouldn't show up for literal weeks if I stuck to my once-a-week canon posts. Lol. I'd like people to meet the characters soon.

I'm thinking about releasing the short chapters on my blog on other days of the week, with San Myshuno chapters released on Fridays. Like maybe I'll do M, W, F. I get excited and write really far ahead, and then I have to "wait" to release. Well, not exactly, but I make myself wait... so it's easier for my readers. So I thought I'd ask around here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @somnasims I've had more than one person ask if they can still submit Sims for this part/arc, so I'll probably add a few in, as long as you don't mind not being featured for a few weeks. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey LASL followers and readers,
    I've got another LASL update today, featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph and @Skcaga6's Larry and Madeline. Enjoy!

03-09-18_12-32-49c2a0am.png?w=1024&h=576
    City Livin' City Goal #2: Take My Hand

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hello everyone,

03-09-18_12-54-40c2a0am.png?w=1024&h=576
    Another update for you today. This one is called Side Tracks (and will serve as an interlude of sorts between Friday's chapter and Lizzie and @LegacySims2017's Joseph's official move to the city). You can check it out here in the Hollow - Side Tracks 1.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2018
    Hey all, I haven't been updating here, but here's the latest order of chapters (including Side Tracks). Side Tracks 5-8 (Hidden Hollow arc) will be published Monday through Thursday next week so today's LASL post comes a little out of order. If you're waiting for the resolution of the cliffhanger from Side Tracks 4, you only have to wait till Monday. :p

Side Tracks 2
    Side Tracks 3
    Side Tracks 4

03-12-18_8-57-30c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    City Goal #3: Move into the City, Pt. 1

Parts 2 and 3 of City Goal #3 will be posted March 30th and April 6th respectively (unless you all protest... lol... and I decide to post more regularly).

Thanks for reading.

These chapters feature @LegacySims2017, @rockannie, and @simcognito

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2018
    Alrighty, I'm behind with these updates...

I've got more Side Tracks for you (short side story and the conclusion of the Hidden Hollow Arc):
    Side Tracks 5
    Side Tracks 6
    Side Tracks 7
    Side Tracks 8

featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph.

Tomorrow I return to the regular LASL schedule so you'll get to hear more about Lizzie and Joseph's move into the city and meet more awesome submitted Simmers. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest