Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum is blocking me from replying to threads and has a spam blocker on me

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
edited November 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
This use to only happen when creating new threads but this shouldn't be happening when replying to threads. I can only reply to one thread now? This sounds like a bug on the site and needs fixing.

How is it spam if we're replying to posts?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Let me try . i'm posting to test. Im not getting blocked Try PM or paging ea staff

Is it happening if you make more than one post in a certain time period?

I agree with post below and may have to do with all the fake accounts coming in here this weekend
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Perhaps, they have changed something with how many post/replies you can do in a short time as we had someone that kept making new accounts over the weekend and spamming a lot of threads with them.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    You are unable to post more than once in 30 seconds, or more than twice in 120 seconds. By doing this , a spam blocker will be applied for a certain time. After the time has expired , you will be able to post on threads again.
    It could be because of the issues with spamming over the weekend,
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    You are unable to post more than once in 30 seconds, or more than twice in 120 seconds. By doing this , a spam blocker will be applied for a certain time. After the time has expired , you will be able to post on threads again.
    It could be because of the issues with spamming over the weekend,

They need to adjust it or something. I like to reply to multiple threads. Making new post I'm fine with but replying to threads I think their taking that is a little too much. They need to tweek the spam blocker a little bit. The wrong people who don't spam are getting singled out.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe the spam blocker is over worked right now and it caused it to bug out
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

The amount of replies people can post was indeed lowered and I am sorry some of you were negatively impacted by this :(

I have tweaked it again today, so hopefully things are a bit better now. The number of replies allowed is not exactly the same as it was before, but we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed.

If you still run into this issue, please tag me here and we can review.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Simberia wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > You are unable to post more than once in 30 seconds, or more than twice in 120 seconds. By doing this , a spam blocker will be applied for a certain time. After the time has expired , you will be able to post on threads again.
    > It could be because of the issues with spamming over the weekend,

Do you know the new posting limit?

Hello
    EA_Mage has posted about it in the previous post.
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    spam block is still an issue :#
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    "You have posted 1 times within 30 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 60 seconds before attempting to post again."
    -_- Really? Since when was that a thing?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Woah... You posted ONE TIME in THIRTY SECONDS?
    Someone’s living on the edge.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I get something similar sometimes when trying to report a post. Only the spam filter thing says I have to wait 600 seconds. :|

I dunno if it's a bug in the system or if my mouse is somehow accidently clicking off two or three times in a row once in awhile or what, but it's super annoying. And it's virtually impossible (without a bot I guess?) to report posts in that short of time anyways, unless you literally are just spamming report after report on the same post with copy/paste-click. But that would only get you in trouble with the mods, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    I get something similar sometimes when trying to report a post. Only the spam filter thing says I have to wait 600 seconds. :|

I dunno if it's a bug in the system or if my mouse is somehow accidently clicking off two or three times in a row once in awhile or what, but it's super annoying. And it's virtually impossible (without a bot I guess?) to report posts in that short of time anyways, unless you literally are just spamming report after report on the same post with copy/paste-click. But that would only get you in trouble with the mods, lol.

I do know that the one message that says "You have posted in 240 seconds and now you need to wait 600 seconds to post again" was put in place due to the spambots in 2016. And you can only report the post 1 time as it won't let you keep reporting like it did back on the old TS3 site.

I can deal with the "30 second and waiting 60 seconds" when it happens to me. But when the other one kept coming up during the spambot attacks, I tend to forget about what I was trying to post as I would go and look at other things while waiting for my 10 minutes to be up.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just got the "You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again." and to be honest I think it is ridiculous. Why do I have to wait for 10 minutes because I posted something in the last 4? Isn't that what you do on a FORUM?

Edit: As I seem to be able to reply to this topic it seems the spambot only blocks a second new post rather then messages in general. But still. If I browse a forum and I have different things to share I think the 30 seconds wait 60 rule is generally understandable, but 240 wait 600? Nope!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if this isn't a bit overboard? I get that I shouldn't post multiple new topics per minute, but a 10 minute ban for posting once in the previous 4? I am rather new to TS3 and I was scrolling the forums about it, wanting to ask / share stuff here and there, and I really wonder how that is considered spam!

Edit: I just waited for about 4 minutes untill I retried to post the original topic that I got a 10 minute spam block on. And I got another one, again! This is getting very annoying IMHO.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    This hasn't happened much to me currently but something that bugs me lately...

Some kind of individual timeblock for flamebaiters and thread derailers would be preferable to moderators closing threads as I've noticed they are doing increasingly, to my annoyance when the rest of us are being reasonable. Jailing is too harsh and we could get back on topic if derailers are derailed.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This just happened to me now right after reporting a necropost and was then blocked from creating a new discussion thread...???
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Hi all,

Not going to go into specifics here, but we have adjusted these controls slightly.

Let me know if you have any additional feedback going forward.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @EA_Mage , last week after you posted here I logged on to change my page picture/avi. I was prevented from posting a comment about it with a block that I would have to wait either 60 seconds or 600 I can't remember. Should this block be there when people want to post something on their own wall and uploading a new or different avi? It didn't make sense to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar Technically changing the avatar triggers a wall post, so it makes sense from technical point of view for these controls.

However, you are right and it doesn't really make sense for the users :smiley:

I have tweaked that setting slightly, hope it helps!

-Mage
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank you.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.