Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Cats and Dogs CAS?

The CAS parts are always some of my favorite parts of a pack, and I think Cats and Dogs has absolutely rocked it from the videos I've seen. There are a couple awesome long curly ringlet hairs that I absolutely love for women. I've wanted a long curly hair like this for a long time, and I have a lot of Sims I can use them on. The clothes are also quite diverse, and there's something you could use for almost every outfit category. There's comfy stuff, and pretty stuff. This is just my personal opinion, but this does seem to be in at least my top 3 of CAS parts of a pack. I haven't seen Build and Buy objects yet, but the CAS stuff is totally selling me. Let me know! What do you think of the Cats and Dogs CAS?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I haven't kept up with anything about the pack since I prefer to be surprised, but I really liked the male hairs I saw in the trailer
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm usually excited about CAS and BB too. I loved the clothes, too little options for female though, but I'm happy that male sims are getting some attention for a change. I gotta admit I don't like most of the hairstyles, but the ones I like totally make up for it! What's that curly hair, it's perfect! I loved the duo tone hair too, reminds me of Cruella Devil, I already have the perfect sim for that one.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm super stoked on it. I think CAS is truly amazing just looking at it in action without me even playing it hands on. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I love CAS. I'd buy this pack just for the new CAS items.

The boat shoes are the type of shoes I wear.

I wear Turtlenecks so I'm excited to see them added.

Been asking for curly hair for female sims for years and we finally get 2 styles for adults and even 1 for children.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i love the cas items.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    LucidDreamingLucidDreaming Posts: 6 New Member
    I bought the pack as soon as I was able, now I am just so anxious to play it, I see it every day when I log in just daunting me lol. I have been watching Deligracy play the xpac and I am so excited with everything I have seen so far. I even made a vets office all ready and am making all my houses for my new neighborhood , needless to say I am VERY excited for this :D
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    @LucidDreaming OMG, I love Deligracy as well! She is possibly my favorite Sims youtuber, and if not she's definitely up there. I've been watching a ton of reviews and stuff like that for Cats and Dogs over the past few weeks. A lot of people have talents for Build Mode, and while it's fun, I'm not all that great at it, so I'll probably get some of my new lots off of the Gallery.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    That's just great!
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    It's interesting. I'm not a fan of pet clothing though...it just personally feels wrong to me (but that's just my opinion). But I am a fan of a few of the new human hairstyles (those curls are adorbs <3). I do think the sim clothes are nice too so far. The build mode items are really nice as well especially those cute window sides (I can see myself putting those into every room :lol: ). And the most epic thing of all...Vaccuum!!! <3. I really do hope they make more of those, out of a lot of things in this pack, that Vaccuum (I can't explain it), had me at hello :lol: . Also I defiantly have to give maxis credit for the upcoming 'downsize' patch...because....seriously it's been needed for ages :lol: .

BB is defiantly cute, but obviously it has a few flaws for me...buh eh that's just me I suppose. I'm so/so on looking forward to it, but I think getting it on sale will probably ease my head a bit (it's the price that counts right? :lol: ).

So even though i'm not excited about the EP nor is it a favorite, those small few things did catch my eye and did allow me to sorta consider it as a sale buy. But one thing I defiantly have to give Maxis credit for and that's the upcoming 'downsizng' patch....like seriously thank you <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The new cas items are so lovely :love:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I love everything I've seen. The clothes look so nice and i love the hairs.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I really like everything I've seen - I like that a lot of the stuff is fairly 'normal' and has swatches in fairly muted colours. I won't use any of the pet outfits apart from collars I don't think - although if we had seasons it would be cute to take dogs for walks in little winter dog coats.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I love it. I like the clothinh style and the hair especially. One thing I wish we had is a new hairstyle for toddlers, they deserve more than one or two outfits
    But overall I really like the relaxed style which they have opted for with this pack :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

So happy about CAS :) wish we didn't have to wait the entire week just to be able to play.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    So stoked on the snippets I've seen but like somebody else here mentioned I've been dodging the livestreams and whatnot so I can discover it all for myself once I'm playing!
    So excited, this week is going to tick by so slowly, ha.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited November 2017
    I love the CAS items I’m giddy at the thoughts of makeovers for sims with them in my current save
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    I love the curly hairs!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm really looking forward to checking out the cool weather clothing and curlier hair styles! I love that we're getting some "practical" clothing over "young and trendy" for a change. There's a definite Autumn vibe in this whole pack that I'm just wild about. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Hairstyles look great and the male clothes are really well designed. I don't have much love for the female clothes though. Most tops have very odd fittings and shapes; but I love the overall and the platted dress.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to checking out the cool weather clothing and curlier hair styles! I love that we're getting some "practical" clothing over "young and trendy" for a change. There's a definite Autumn vibe in this whole pack that I'm just wild about. <3

I really love the fall feel of the pack as well. It seems very realistic, and I know a lot of people who would wear the type of clothes in the pack.
  • Options
    Hairstyles look great and the male clothes are really well designed. I don't have much love for the female clothes though. Most tops have very odd fittings and shapes; but I love the overall and the platted dress.

I totally agree that while I am not wild about some of the female clothes, I am absolutely in love with the overalls. They are perfect, and I have so many Sims that they would fit with.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Color wheel wasted space for cats and dogs, I would rather see it on Sim outfits and furniture, objects etc. I would not paint a cat or dog, green, blue, purple or something, dying the fur of animals is cruel.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Color wheel wasted space for cats and dogs, I would rather see it on Sim outfits and furniture, objects etc. I would not paint a cat or dog, green, blue, purple or something, dying the fur of animals is cruel.

I love the color wheel! I can't wait to give my alien Sims some colorful alien pets! :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I love the color wheel! I can't wait to give my alien Sims some colorful alien pets! :p

Well, yeah, that's a good idea. I don't play aliens since they nerfed the abductions and all aliens in my game started going around without a disguise since GT, Or they ahve the blue/green skin but in a waiter outfit etc. Like, yes, I had no idea they were an alien..I can't tell by their green or blue skin. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.