Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires + New Features You Want to See.

Am I the only one who thinks that you should be able to invite a vampire over to your house regardless of what time it is? They never sleep anyway. Are there any other features, regarding vampires, that you would like to see possibly incorporated into the game?
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I love this pack, but the fact that turning into a bat is literally just teleporting irks me a bit. Especially when it's inside the house, and they somehow manage to get into a locked room with closed doors, closed windows. Like, okay, bats are small, but are they really this small??? Also, turning into a bat just to move around in the house. I feel like there should be an option to only enable it for longer distances...

The fog form teleporting at least makes sense, because that should get through really tiny holes. But bats? They're not made out of fog. They're little animals. But not that little. Not microscopic. As fun as teleporting is, they shouldn't really be able to get through locked doors and windows.

Speaking of bats, it would be fun to actually control the sim as one. I have a character who does spend most of his time as a bat rather than human, would have been neat if he could do that as a sim too.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2017
    But they patched the invites, didn't they? Now you're suppose to be able to invite vampires all night.

What I want to see is vampires integrated with any future supernatural beings, small things like get a bad moodlet near a werewolf or make a drink against them with wolfsbane, witches being able to ressurect the deads as zombies or vampires. But I don't see it happening because it rellys on players buying all this different packs and this can pile up if we get a considerable number of supernaturals. It would be neat, though.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    But they patched the invites, didn't they? Now you're suppose to be able to invite vampires all night.

What I want to see is vampires integrated with any future supernatural beings, small things like get a bad moodlet near a werewolf or make a drink against them with wolfsbane, witches being able to ressurect the deads as zombies or vampires. But I don't see it happening because it rellys on players buying all this different packs and this can pile up if we get a considerable number of supernaturals. It would be neat, though.

See, I thought the same thing, but when I was playing yesterday and tried to invite a vampire over in the middle of the night, I got told said vampire was sleeping. Said vampire is a grand master who never sleeps. So I dunno. My game itself is probably just broken.

I like your ideas as well, but like you said, I don't necessarily seeing it happen. However, I also didn't think they'd patch in toddlers, but they did that. So, who knows.
    Sims 4 Blog
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love this pack, but the fact that turning into a bat is literally just teleporting irks me a bit. Especially when it's inside the house, and they somehow manage to get into a locked room with closed doors, closed windows. Like, okay, bats are small, but are they really this small??? Also, turning into a bat just to move around in the house. I feel like there should be an option to only enable it for longer distances...

The fog form teleporting at least makes sense, because that should get through really tiny holes. But bats? They're not made out of fog. They're little animals. But not that little. Not microscopic. As fun as teleporting is, they shouldn't really be able to get through locked doors and windows.

Speaking of bats, it would be fun to actually control the sim as one. I have a character who does spend most of his time as a bat rather than human, would have been neat if he could do that as a sim too.

I don't even use the bat form, that's how much I considered it would probably be disappointing. If they can run super fast, don't really need to teleport places. I've been able to lock an interior door in my sims' houses, and that's kept a vampire out completely. However, said vampire was at the bottom of the ranking barrel, so that may have been part of the reason. I understand having the feature where vampires can break into sims houses, I just wish they wouldn't do it autonomously when I'm not playing them. I hate having to put up garlic on all my sims homes.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I would like to have my regular Sims offer to let their vampire friend bite (but not turn) them.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    An option I would LOVE is a way to toggle off vampires. I only purchased the pack for the build mode items. I use MCCC to delete all vampires, but the game thinks it needs to spawn more.

YES. Yes yes yes yes yes I really want them to have some neat special interactions with any supernaturals we get in the future. Little bonus features you'd get if you happen to have both packs, basically. Werewolves being their enemies is a must.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    I would like to have my regular Sims offer to let their vampire friend bite (but not turn) them.

This would be an absolutely excellent feature! Not really sure why the team didn't think of this to begin with.
    Sims 4 Blog
    An option I would LOVE is a way to toggle off vampires. I only purchased the pack for the build mode items. I use MCCC to delete all vampires, but the game thinks it needs to spawn more.

Even though I like the addition of vampires, I do understand the desire to have the items from a pack, and not all the features, necessarily.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

YES. Yes yes yes yes yes I really want them to have some neat special interactions with any supernaturals we get in the future. Little bonus features you'd get if you happen to have both packs, basically. Werewolves being their enemies is a must.

They can tie one or 2 packs, like werewolves and vamps, witches and zombies, fairies and plantsims, aliens and robots. It's not much of a stretch, they've been doing this with GT and Parenthood. This and HYBRIDS!!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Don't get me wrong. I love supernatural stuff in the Sims but I am honestly tired of the vampires-and-werewolves-as-enemies cliche. That would make it plum near impossible to play them in the same household and I'd like to do that. Not to invalidate your opinion Magdaleena, that cliche would add some excitement to the Sims.
    edited November 2017
    Don't get me wrong. I love supernatural stuff in the Sims but I am honestly tired of the vampires-and-werewolves-as-enemies cliche. That would make it plum near impossible to play them in the same household and I'd like to do that. Not to invalidate your opinion Magdaleena, that cliche would add some excitement to the Sims.

It doesn't need to be a requirement! I'd just be surprised if the team didn't do anything to acknowledge it, as it's a rather widespread thing that might be fun to mess with for some people.

Would have been neat to at least have them react to the strangers upon spotting them; those they're already acquainted with, or friends with, or live in the same household with, wouldn't be enemies. Enemies is a relation status, after all.

What I'm saying is that there should still be some special interaction options under "Mean...","Vampire...", "Werewolf..." or heck, any of the categories honestly. Let them poke at the fact that they're two different occults somehow. Would be fun. I honestly only just recently got into them, so I don't mind the cliche as much either yet.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Ah, alright. Sorry, I didn't mean any rudeness.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    On the subject of disabling vampires - do what you have to do within your own game to make it work for you. I am fine with people deactivating vampires in their game, I am not fine with them asking for a general disabling feature across the game from the devs because that could negatively impact all the people who want vampires and bought the GP for them specifically. It's a matter of respect for other players at that point in proceedings. I'm not asking EA to deactivate the cats and dogs so I can get the content from C&D, I'm just not buying it. I think if it's that big an issue you want a global fix made to the game itself then maybe it's time to consider not having the Vampire GP and doing without the content.

Onto the main topic.

For me, the thing I most want for my vampires is the ability for inherited traits to be more of a thing. I would like there to be some purpose to raising a vampire to a Grand Master that could be passed down. The bats woohoo thing I know is a thing for being able to fly as a bat automatically, but I haven't seen it with any others. I also read that sometimes a sim passes on a trait by turning a sim but I haven't seen that happen at all in my game. I would really like there to be a value in two GM vampires having offspring and passing down more powerful traits than say, two minor vampires, or that if two vampires had the same trait then there was a good chance of the child inheriting it. Also for a child of two Grand Master vampires or Master Vampires to maybe age up to a higher level than fledgling. I just think that would be interesting for developing the dynasty instead of having to start from scratch with all of them. Additionally, if a child learns about vampirism from the books, they should be able to grow up as a minor vampire instead of a fledgling because they have some prior knowledge. Some element of continuity there would be great for me and my strongest wish for them so far - for that to be a bigger part of vampire gameplay.

I would also like them to be more sun conscious and not go outside autonomously in daylight if they are sunprone. That includes standing around outside when they come home from work or going to read in the garden or any of those things. As for the inviting them over, I find that there is often a very slim window for a vampire, because sometimes they won't come out in the day ("I'm sleeping!") but they also won't come at night "x is asleep". It's like the bad combination of both human and vampire which leads to about three hours when a vampire sim can be invited over :/

Also the birth ratio in my game is broken. In my game 100% of human/vampire offspring are vampire. Which is a bit disappointing at times as it would be nice to have descendents of my vampire plugged back into the human dynasty :/

With battling other supernaturals, if you had it like you could make them friends or enemies like with regular sim relationships then you could have unique feud type behaviours but also have friendship behaviours as well. Would give the balance.

I would really like a vampire hunter career path. Maybe the ability to kill a vampire would be too much for the developers to want to include in the game but there could be a variety of skills a vampire hunter could actively use or you could have an option to call a vampire hunter if your house was being constantly attacked by vampires or something like that. That would offer new potential interactions as well, even if the strongest things a hunter could do was "repel" "fight" "chase from lot" or whatever. Maybe "dazzle with sunlight" or something as well. Garlic alone is not enough. Maybe something that cuts the vampire's stats so they retreat, without actually going as far as killing them. (Although I would be ok with a powerful hunter being able to kill a vampire, I understand that the game won't probably go there and I don't really want to go with mods atm)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @Vraie

I make fixer upper homes, so going without the cracks, and distressed wall decals is a not happening. Asking for player controlled toggle switch in game is what many are requesting. They gave us a way to favorite a specific number households, so they could also give a way to toggle off vampire break-ins. I could not play until the mod to not allow vampire to break in has been updated.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The feature I wish would be added since I doubt it's possible to add lots in FH is the ability make other worlds have longer night hours. And I agree that NPC vampires need to be much smarter about not being in the sun.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    @Vraie

I make fixer upper homes, so going without the cracks, and distressed wall decals is a not happening. Asking for player controlled toggle switch in game is what many are requesting. They gave us a way to favorite a specific number households, so they could also give a way to toggle off vampire break-ins. I could not play until the mod to not allow vampire to break in has been updated.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issue with how you play your game, what your priorities are, why you want that content. That's really not my business as it's your game and your prerogative.

The issue is that it is our prerogative, those of us who like vampires, to play the game without worrying that it is going to be rewired/changed/derailed in some way because of experimentation to implement a vampire block for people. We have seen how easily a tiny coding change can cause chaos, we're still managing the current bug around vampire perks because of the last pack and that wasn't even aimed at altering vampires.

If this were a wider EP with other themes plus vampires then I would see your case with more merit, as arguably there could be other main themes involved and this could just be a side-element. But this pack was specifically designed to be about vampires. I think it would be more productive for you to disable the pack and petition EA for a Gothic Building stuff pack instead. with the kind of content you need and more extra stuff in that theme. That way you could get the content you want and not have the vampires and those who want to play with the vampires would be able to carry on. I don't suppose it would matter if some of those items overlapped as it seems this is a disagreement between people wanting build content and people wanting vampires.

I don't have C&D because I don't like pets. I would love a lot of the content in that EP, but I am not telling anyone that EA should disable the pets so I get the content without having the animals. It's not my EP and I accept that, so I let it go. You have to make a choice somewhere. You accept the pack and the theme and find a way to deal with it in your own game, or you sacrifice the content and don't have the issue. It's wrong to impose limits on people who want to play vampires just because you don't.

As for vampire attacks, the more you ignore or delete vampires the more troublesome they seem to become. I tested this and the only time I get vampire attacks is in a game where I have played no vampire households and interacted with no vampires. I suspect most of the problems are basically created by trying to shut vampires out of the game because the game is designed to be about vampires. The more you resist, the more the game will try to remind you it's there (like when you join a club in GT and you get ten reminders in a week from the chairperson of the club to call a meeting because you haven't called one in a while). Sims is like that. If you avoid the vampires, they will come and remind you they are there.

I have no issue with your need to build with cracked walls. Just, knowing that it is possible to play with zero vampire attacks, and knowing that game coding changes potentially cause bugs and issues that will affect those of us who like vampires more than it will those who don't, I think it's unreasonable to demand a forced alteration to the game that impacts everyone who plays, just because you want to build with cracked walls. Again I reiterate, it's something that needs to be handled in everyone's individual game, whether with mods or another strategy. It is not something that EA needs to change.
    @Vraie Honestly, thank you. I agree with literally everything in there.

On topic, a feature I thought of:
    Seasons should bring this thing where the day/night length depends on two factors: The world, and the season.

The winter nights are long, and ideal for vampires. They also really hate the summers, because it's flipped; the daytime lasts much longer than usual. Imagine if the Seasons expansion pack included a world that was situated way up in the north, which had midnight sun in the summer, and the sun never came up in the winter? Gosh that would be neat. Now imagine having a vampire live there, trying to deal with this; the best winters, but also the worst summers.

Basically I just want vampires to interact with the seasons changing, hahaha.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    @Vraie I agree with everything you said because I feel the same way. About the disable vampires, I never run into them as much. I know that people like playing normal families and if they get a vampire break-in it can be pretty jarring. I usually just ignore instead of trying to do anything. Using basic in-game cheats I can easily stop break-ins before they happen and with the MCC mod, I can tell any npcs to get the heck out the lot. I am thinking the same thing about Pets where one day you have 0 animals in your game, the next your lots are over run with strays. I'm fine with 1-2 every other time I go to a lot, but that's legit it (Unless I am in the Bay lot).
  • Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    Just got here and there's so much going on! And so many good ideas too! :)
    But what i would like added to the vampires pack would be more food options for vampires with the withered stomach trait or not. I'm literally swimming in plasma fruits from my vampire sim! XD
    And it would be nice if there was an option to turn it into a plasma fruit pack. To make one you could use different amounts of plasma fruits to make packs that will fill the thirst bar differently depending of the plasma fruit quality and amount used.
    Shadia13 wrote: »
    But what i would like added to the vampires pack would be more food options for vampires with the withered stomach trait or not. I'm literally swimming in plasma fruits from my vampire sim! XD
    And it would be nice if there was an option to turn it into a plasma fruit pack. To make one you could use different amounts of plasma fruits to make packs that will fill the thirst bar differently depending of the plasma fruit quality and amount used.

YEAH!! We need more plasma food. Plasma Salad and Plasma Jane are great to have as options, but it sure would be nice to have more.

Heck, maybe they could even use plasma packs in cooking, combining both that and the fruits would result in a dish that fills the thirst meter a bit more than what they do alone, haha.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member

YEAH!! We need more plasma food. Plasma Salad and Plasma Jane are great to have as options, but it sure would be nice to have more.

Heck, maybe they could even use plasma packs in cooking, combining both that and the fruits would result in a dish that fills the thirst meter a bit more than what they do alone, haha.

I wish that toddler and child vampires could eat that too cause I u feed it to them, they get sick. Which doesn’t make sense to me, yeah I get it they’re technically not full vampires yet but why can’t they at least eat plasma fruit salad
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

If you don't mind using mods, there's a mod for that though not quite as indepth. http://littlemssam.de/plasma-packs-from-plasma-fruits/
    Vraie wrote: »
    On the subject of disabling vampires - do what you have to do within your own game to make it work for you. I am fine with people deactivating vampires in their game, I am not fine with them asking for a general disabling feature across the game from the devs because that could negatively impact all the people who want vampires and bought the GP for them specifically. It's a matter of respect for other players at that point in proceedings. I'm not asking EA to deactivate the cats and dogs so I can get the content from C&D, I'm just not buying it. I think if it's that big an issue you want a global fix made to the game itself then maybe it's time to consider not having the Vampire GP and doing without the content.

Onto the main topic.

For me, the thing I most want for my vampires is the ability for inherited traits to be more of a thing. I would like there to be some purpose to raising a vampire to a Grand Master that could be passed down. The bats woohoo thing I know is a thing for being able to fly as a bat automatically, but I haven't seen it with any others. I also read that sometimes a sim passes on a trait by turning a sim but I haven't seen that happen at all in my game. I would really like there to be a value in two GM vampires having offspring and passing down more powerful traits than say, two minor vampires, or that if two vampires had the same trait then there was a good chance of the child inheriting it. Also for a child of two Grand Master vampires or Master Vampires to maybe age up to a higher level than fledgling. I just think that would be interesting for developing the dynasty instead of having to start from scratch with all of them. Additionally, if a child learns about vampirism from the books, they should be able to grow up as a minor vampire instead of a fledgling because they have some prior knowledge. Some element of continuity there would be great for me and my strongest wish for them so far - for that to be a bigger part of vampire gameplay.

I would also like them to be more sun conscious and not go outside autonomously in daylight if they are sunprone. That includes standing around outside when they come home from work or going to read in the garden or any of those things. As for the inviting them over, I find that there is often a very slim window for a vampire, because sometimes they won't come out in the day ("I'm sleeping!") but they also won't come at night "x is asleep". It's like the bad combination of both human and vampire which leads to about three hours when a vampire sim can be invited over :/

Also the birth ratio in my game is broken. In my game 100% of human/vampire offspring are vampire. Which is a bit disappointing at times as it would be nice to have descendents of my vampire plugged back into the human dynasty :/

With battling other supernaturals, if you had it like you could make them friends or enemies like with regular sim relationships then you could have unique feud type behaviours but also have friendship behaviours as well. Would give the balance.

I would really like a vampire hunter career path. Maybe the ability to kill a vampire would be too much for the developers to want to include in the game but there could be a variety of skills a vampire hunter could actively use or you could have an option to call a vampire hunter if your house was being constantly attacked by vampires or something like that. That would offer new potential interactions as well, even if the strongest things a hunter could do was "repel" "fight" "chase from lot" or whatever. Maybe "dazzle with sunlight" or something as well. Garlic alone is not enough. Maybe something that cuts the vampire's stats so they retreat, without actually going as far as killing them. (Although I would be ok with a powerful hunter being able to kill a vampire, I understand that the game won't probably go there and I don't really want to go with mods atm)

I agree, inherited traits should definitely be more of a thing. And I would also enjoy a vampire hunter aspect to the game. That would be fun and exciting.
    Sims 4 Blog