Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers with different skin and hair colour

Ok this is my sim

LmB1Itu.png

She got pregnant with Vlad's baby...

vCV8VdR.png

So how did they end up having toddlers like this? I mean I don't mind I'm just a little confused as I've never had this happen before....
I'm hoping they still look like either parent when they grow up and they're not randomly generated, has anyone else had this happen recently? is it a bug?

2eB4KKc.png
RY8UkSx.png

Comments

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    If either of the parents have a cc skin that is out of the normal EA skins range (a cc color skin), you have a high chance of getting a dark skinned baby. That's one reason I quit using cc skin colors, and stick to default replacement skin. My sims had a lot of dark skinned babies when mom and dad was light skinned.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    If either of the parents have a cc skin that is out of the normal EA skins range (a cc color skin), you have a high chance of getting a dark skinned baby. That's one reason I quit using cc skin colors, and stick to default replacement skin. My sims had a lot of dark skinned babies when mom and dad was light skinned.

None of them have CC skin though, I assumed it was that but I checked and they don't so I'm completely stumped. :/
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    DivieOwl wrote: »

None of them have CC skin though, I assumed it was that but I checked and they don't so I'm completely stumped. :/

Yeah, that stumps me, too, then. Cause I've had that same thing happen quite often and in all cases it was cause one of my parents either had a cc skin tone that was beyond EA's or, in a couple of the cases, the sim had a dark skin EA tone, but was wearing a CC skin overlay that looked light skin (which I've since stopped NPC's from being able to use).
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's the genes of mankind!!
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited November 2017
    I do not use any type of cc skin at all and this happens to me all the time. I usually have to go in to edit them.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I know what it is, Vlad has been bleaching his skin!!! I knew it! :P
  • Purple-InkPurple-Ink Posts: 79 Member
    Doesn't Vlad spawn with one of the gray skintones? If he still had it when they had their babies that would explain the skintone because sometimes for genetics it chooses a value between the parents. Same for hair colors, since she has black and he has what I think is the S&P black it chose one inbetween.
    Tumblr: plumbob-berries.tumblr.com/
    PurpleLilies0220 on the Sims 4 Gallery
    tumblr_oht9rrh8CP1v9ri2go10_r4_1280.png
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The reason for the different hair colour is because Vlad has a salt&pepper hair colour, which is considered 'unnatural' so the child has a chance of getting a random hair colour. Hence the red/ginger haired colour.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    When I had Vlad's babies most of my tots got Vlad's super white skin tone. I have no idea what happened with your game.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Have you tried sticking your Sim and Vlad into CAS and have genetics in there generate toddlers for them, see if the problem happens there as well? Maybe that could help you figure out what's going on.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Also sucky that both of those kids have brown eye colors. I like my game to be as close to real life as possible, and in real life the chance of parents with blue and green eyes having brown-eyed kids is (close to) nil. Neither of those kids look like their parents at all!

I hope for you that the kids will have distinguishing features from their parents (hopefully for them mostly from their mother :lol:) once they age up! I'm sure they will. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Well it may also be possible that...

tenor.gif?itemid=4944716.
    FFCOojX.gif
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I do not use any type of cc skin at all and this happens to me all the time. I usually have to go in to edit them.

Really? That's annoying!
    Purple-Ink wrote: »
    Doesn't Vlad spawn with one of the gray skintones? If he still had it when they had their babies that would explain the skintone because sometimes for genetics it chooses a value between the parents. Same for hair colors, since she has black and he has what I think is the S&P black it chose one inbetween.

I changed his skin tone before that so I'm not sure why the skin colour of the toddler is like that but that makes sense about the hair!!

Marnetti wrote: »
    The reason for the different hair colour is because Vlad has a salt&pepper hair colour, which is considered 'unnatural' so the child has a chance of getting a random hair colour. Hence the red/ginger haired colour.

I didn't know this as I've never used it before, thank you! :D
    Have you tried sticking your Sim and Vlad into CAS and have genetics in there generate toddlers for them, see if the problem happens there as well? Maybe that could help you figure out what's going on.

No I haven't but that's a good idea, thank you! Maybe their genes are just weird haha.

Also sucky that both of those kids have brown eye colors. I like my game to be as close to real life as possible, and in real life the chance of parents with blue and green eyes having brown-eyed kids is (close to) nil. Neither of those kids look like their parents at all!

I hope for you that the kids will have distinguishing features from their parents (hopefully for them mostly from their mother :lol:) once they age up! I'm sure they will. :blush:

Yeah not sure about the eyes either, she has cc eyes but her actual eye colour under them is the exact same so that's strange. Definitely something weird happened lol. I don't think they will look anything like their mother haha!
    Soooo I went back into my game today, I aged babies straight up to toddlers but I noticed she still had a pregnant stomach, I was very confused. Turns out a few sim hours later she gives birth to another set of twins, lolwhut? So now I'm stuck with quadruplets. The new toddlers have different skin and hair colours too.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

No I haven't but that's a good idea, thank you! Maybe their genes are just weird haha.

Yeah not sure about the eyes either, she has cc eyes but her actual eye colour under them is the exact same so that's strange. Definitely something weird happened lol. I don't think they will look anything like their mother haha!

I might have a clue about the eye color, I use a CC non-default eye color on my adult sims and yet all of my toddlers came out with the dark brown eyes, I use S4S so I can check out my CC and it turns out that the eye creator set all of the eye colors as brown, as soon as I changed the eye color to the correct color (blue, green etc) my toddlers came out with one of their parents eye colors, your CC eyes just might all be set as brown, hence you are getting brown eyed toddlers.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

I might have a clue about the eye color, I use a CC non-default eye color on my adult sims and yet all of my toddlers came out with the dark brown eyes, I use S4S so I can check out my CC and it turns out that the eye creator set all of the eye colors as brown, as soon as I changed the eye color to the correct color (blue, green etc) my toddlers came out with one of their parents eye colors, your CC eyes just might all be set as brown, hence you are getting brown eyed toddlers.

That would make sense but since she only has facepaint eyes which are like contacts I doubt that is the reason. :/