Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 UC just updated!

Comments

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Answering my now question: you have to remove securom yourself then.
    Now i'm going to start the game to see if there is any problem and if securom come back after.
    Edit: After removing securom and starting the game, securom do not come back !
    Now, the resolution have changed, but not like @taffy550, it's full screen now (before i had a small black line on the right and on the left, not anymore), gosh the game load so quickly now and no lag in buy or build mod :smiley:
    I just have to download the shadow fix now (black square under sims are back) but everything is perfect !

Congrats EA, this is what we wanted :)

can you please give the link for the shadow fix? its bugging me a lot :/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Question- if I let it update will I have to us Origin to start the game?

I just tried it on my husbands pc and when I click on the sims 2 Uc icon on desktop it now opens origin :( It never used too.

Ah, that's what I thought... :(

Origin- I dislike you with a passion. Just like I dislike Steam. :scream:

I’m not dead keen on that aspect I must admit. Even though on one of the pcs in the house The Sims 3 uses origin but I never wanted the sims 2 tied to it.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

Thanks for asking this question! I'll steer clear of this update if it forces me to launch Origin as a result. I uninstalled SecuROM ages ago and have the graphics just the way I want them, plus ran the CFE Explorer on the .exe file so I'm not willing to mess with that current setup.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @graventhe wrote: »
    Answering my now question: you have to remove securom yourself then.
    Now i'm going to start the game to see if there is any problem and if securom come back after.
    Edit: After removing securom and starting the game, securom do not come back !
    Now, the resolution have changed, but not like @taffy550, it's full screen now (before i had a small black line on the right and on the left, not anymore), gosh the game load so quickly now and no lag in buy or build mod :smiley:
    I just have to download the shadow fix now (black square under sims are back) but everything is perfect !

Congrats EA, this is what we wanted :)

can you please give the link for the shadow fix? its bugging me a lot :/

This one? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585
    ok why every new update to old game make it worse! now my sims 2 cant detect my NVidia card and I only have 800*600 resolution! anyway to get it back ? and yes I forced NVidia to use SP9.exe no it didn't work I'm so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off
    edited November 2017
    ok why every new update to old game make it worse! now my sims 2 cant detect my NVidia card and I only have 800*600 resolution! anyway to get it back ? and yes I forced NVidia to use SP9.exe no it didn't work I'm so plum off

You'll have to use the Graphics Rules maker or check on Leefish for editing yours.
    https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    All you have to do is go into (if you have Ultimate Collection) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config and open "Graphics Rules.sgr" in a notepad. Scroll Down or Search for the second that says "option ScreenModeResolution"

Here are my settings and I have all screen resolution options available to me:
    setting $Low
    uintProp maxResWidth 1920
    uintProp maxResHeight 1080
    uintProp defaultResWidth 800
    uintProp defaultResHeight 600

setting $MediumButDefaultLow

setting $Medium
    uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
    uintProp defaultResHeight 768

setting $High
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Yep, they tied TH2 To origin ><' Come one EA, you got it right with removing securom but you got it wrong with origin --"
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I just saw that it was updated I still had the grm so I just resaved my settings and even though we have to have origin opened again I could still start it from the launcher in windowed mode nothing I was suggested could get it to run full screen now I'm used to windowed mode. Though it's nice and smooth in buy mode.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    ok why every new update to old game make it worse! now my sims 2 cant detect my NVidia card and I only have 800*600 resolution! anyway to get it back ? and yes I forced NVidia to use SP9.exe no it didn't work I'm so plum off

You'll have to use the Graphics Rules maker or check on Leefish for editing yours.
    https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Do I need to do any tweaking myself after downloading Graphics rules maker? Bcus I've downloaded it and added my nvidia card but still resolution won't show and still detecting HD graphics!
    This only happened after the update! Anyone please know to undo the update ? Please? I love Sims 2 alot and this is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off
    graventhe wrote: »

Do I need to do any tweaking myself after downloading Graphics rules maker? Bcus I've downloaded it and added my nvidia card but still resolution won't show and still detecting HD graphics!
    This only happened after the update! Anyone please know to undo the update ? Please? I love Sims 2 alot and this is plum me off

There are instructions on the Download page. I just had to make it recognize my graphics card and make sure it was set for High. But, I also was messing with my graphics files before this was made. Check out what @ArilyBoo said -
    [/b]
    ArilyBoo wrote: »
    All you have to do is go into (if you have Ultimate Collection) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config and open "Graphics Rules.sgr" in a notepad. Scroll Down or Search for the second that says "option ScreenModeResolution"

Here are my settings and I have all screen resolution options available to me:
    setting $Low

setting $MediumButDefaultLow

setting $Medium

setting $High

The graphics rules maker did give me full resolution but the smooth edges was still greyed out and the game still detects only Intel
    The gameplay was very chobby and awful
    Before the update it was smooth and beautiful thanks EA for ruining this for me
    Sims 2 was my last hope..
    Looks like EA cares more to make the game attached to origin than actual stability..wow
  • rras1994rras1994 Posts: 47 Member
    > @graventhe said:
    > The graphics rules maker did give me full resolution but the smooth edges was still greyed out and the game still detects only Intel
    > The gameplay was very chobby and awful
    > Before the update it was smooth and beautiful thanks EA for ruining this for me
    > Sims 2 was my last hope..

Have you gone into your Nvidia Control Panel and made sure that the Sims 2 game was added?
    rras1994 wrote: »
    > @graventhe said:
    > The graphics rules maker did give me full resolution but the smooth edges was still greyed out and the game still detects only Intel
    > The gameplay was very chobby and awful
    > Before the update it was smooth and beautiful thanks EA for ruining this for me
    > Sims 2 was my last hope..

Have you gone into your Nvidia Control Panel and made sure that the Sims 2 game was added?
    Of course, this no longer works after the update
    > @graventhe said:
    > rras1994 wrote: »
    >
    > > @graventhe said:
    > > The graphics rules maker did give me full resolution but the smooth edges was still greyed out and the game still detects only Intel
    > > The gameplay was very chobby and awful
    > > Before the update it was smooth and beautiful thanks EA for ruining this for me
    > > Sims 2 was my last hope..
    >
    > Have you gone into your Nvidia Control Panel and made sure that the Sims 2 game was added?
    >
    >
    >
    > Of course, this no longer works after the update

Wait, is the program not even showing up in the Control Panel? That sounds very odd. I would suggest maybe repairing the program through Origin, if you haven't already done so, just to make sure the patch wasn't corrupted or anything when installed. If that doesn't work, go to EA tech support and they should help you, having the Sims 2 through Origin requires them to give you tech support.
    @rras1994 no it does show up but still the game won't run on nvidia, before the update when this happens I choose nvidia in control panel for Sims 2 UC and usually the game detects my card and smooth edges aren't greyed out
    But it doesn't work after the update
    I don't want this update i uninstalled Sims 2 UC I can't take it anymore EA ruining everything
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Updated for me too. Now my resolution is only showing 800x600 and the old fix isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Uh oh... Oh Jules1111, I may need you again! :( I won't have time to update until this weekend probably. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the 800x600 resolution. Jules1111 got my game looking AMAZING. I want it to stay amazing!

No problem. If you are going to update the game later I can send you instructions on what to do BEFORE updating to save yourself a headache. :)

Finally!!!

So excited to see they have finally removed SecuRom!

After writing my tutorial on Leefish I was always hoping one day EA Games would fix this mess.

So happy that everyone's game will be fixed and no more lag in build/buy mode! Now to get them to fix the resolution problem hehehe

OMG That was you who wrote the tutorial? Thank you so much for that!! tackle.gif

I just tried it on my husbands pc and when I click on the sims 2 Uc icon on desktop it now opens origin :( It never used too.

Abort!!!! OMG I am so glad I do not have Origin installed. in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon.gif No way am I updating anything, I knew they would do this one day!!

Oh geez congrats EA on breaking peoples game for the sole purpose of tying it to Origin, when you no longer even support the game!!! :s

Ive just noticed on mine after re doing my graphics rules, it says in the instructions:
    Sims 2 Tweaks
    Force texture memory
    This overrides texture memory detection. If the game runs in extremely low quality with most graphical options disabled and whatnot, it might be best to override it. For high quality graphics, set this to 128 Mb or higher. Better yet: check the Device Info tab for the Texture Memory value and set it to the value listed there.

My texture memory value is 4095mb, the settings graphics rule maker is using is 1024mb. Should I be using the 4095 or keeping it at 1024mb?

I'm not sure what it was set to prior to this update. I don't want to mess my game up or cause issues.
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Updated for me too. Now my resolution is only showing 800x600 and the old fix isn't working. Anyone else having this problem?

Uh oh... Oh Jules1111, I may need you again! :( I won't have time to update until this weekend probably. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the 800x600 resolution. Jules1111 got my game looking AMAZING. I want it to stay amazing!

No problem. If you are going to update the game later I can send you instructions on what to do BEFORE updating to save yourself a headache. :)

Finally!!!

So excited to see they have finally removed SecuRom!

After writing my tutorial on Leefish I was always hoping one day EA Games would fix this mess.

So happy that everyone's game will be fixed and no more lag in build/buy mode! Now to get them to fix the resolution problem hehehe

OMG That was you who wrote the tutorial? Thank you so much for that!! tackle.gif

Abort!!!! OMG I am so glad I do not have Origin installed. in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon.gif No way am I updating anything, I knew they would do this one day!!

Oh geez congrats EA on breaking peoples game for the sole purpose of tying it to Origin, when you no longer even support the game!!! :s

This ! Why tying it to Origin if they do not support the game ? It's not like it will useful for us and them later. And Origin is so buggy --'
    > @lulubadwolf said:

>
    > This ! Why tying it to Origin if they do not support the game ? It's not like it will useful for us and them later. And Origin is so buggy --'

They do tech support. in fact The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through origin is the only version of the Sims 2 game they will support, that's why they gave a free copy of S2UC out through Origin. If you have a problem, do go to EA Tech Support!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ive just noticed on mine after re doing my graphics rules, it says in the instructions:
    Sims 2 Tweaks
    Force texture memory
    This overrides texture memory detection. If the game runs in extremely low quality with most graphical options disabled and whatnot, it might be best to override it. For high quality graphics, set this to 128 Mb or higher. Better yet: check the Device Info tab for the Texture Memory value and set it to the value listed there.

My texture memory value is 4095mb, the settings graphics rule maker is using is 1024mb. Should I be using the 4095 or keeping it at 1024mb?

I'm not sure what it was set to prior to this update. I don't want to mess my game up or cause issues.

The 1024 is enough to be more then efficient. If you wanted to though you could bump that up, your card could handle more. I never changed it when I did it, you most likely didn't either if you don't remember doing it. I say as long as your game looks good to you and you have access to all display options just leave it as it is. The higher it is the harder your card has to work.
    After the update the game won't recognize my card at all like it doesn't exist I regret updating i wish I can roll back
    I uninstalled it and looking for a way to install it without origin
    graventhe wrote: »
    After the update the game won't recognize my card at all like it doesn't exist I regret updating i wish I can roll back
    I uninstalled it and looking for a way to install it without origin

I don't think you can install it without Origin :/
    edited November 2017
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Sims 2 Tweaks
    Force texture memory

The 1024 is enough to be more then efficient. If you wanted to though you could bump that up, your card could handle more. I never changed it when I did it, you most likely didn't either if you don't remember doing it. I say as long as your game looks good to you and you have access to all display options just leave it as it is. The higher it is the harder your card has to work.

My game look really good on both me And my husbands gaming rig. My stats don’t match @ArilyBoo’s exactly although a lot of it does. I wasn’t sure if I could edit it manually. Sorry I’m a noob.

My game does allow me to turn smooth edges all the way up and I’ve got the game enabled in my nvidia graphics rules but I haven’t tweaked may of the settings as I’m not sure what I’m doing.