Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening Cheat In MCCC or UI Mod?

StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
Hey Simmers!
I was playing last night & for the heck of it I shift-click'd on a Dragon Fruit plant. Got a bunch of options including "max evolve" and "grow plant +50". Being a somewhat curious person I tried both and was able to evolve the plant then harvest it in under 36 sim hours. Did that for a good part of my playing session & got the dragon fruit plants to excellent & sold each harvest for about 1400 simoleans. My question is, is that cheat part of either the MCCC or UI mods? If so it's pretty cool ☺. Or maybe it's from the Cottage Garden Stuff Pack by The Plumbob Tea Society?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    If you have the EA Debug commands enabled in MCCC mod, the cheat option will appear
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Thanks @rosemow, I appreciate the suggestion but that wasn't it. You're still the best :smile:.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    I am sorry :( I thought that the option may have come as a result of enabling the Advance Debugs Command option .
    Did you find that it was a different mod that allowed that option?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited November 2017
    Starfree wrote: »
    Hey Simmers!
    I was playing last night & for the heck of it I shift-click'd on a Dragon Fruit plant. Got a bunch of options including "max evolve" and "grow plant +50". Being a somewhat curious person I tried both and was able to evolve the plant then harvest it in under 36 sim hours. Did that for a good part of my playing session & got the dragon fruit plants to excellent & sold each harvest for about 1400 simoleans. My question is, is that cheat part of either the MCCC or UI mods? If so it's pretty cool ☺. Or maybe it's from the Cottage Garden Stuff Pack by The Plumbob Tea Society?

If you shift click a sim or object and the setting @rosemow quoted (Debug Commands = enabled) said Debug Commands are visible. The enhanced pie menu you noticed after shift clicking the Dragon Fruit could be the result of it. I never shift clicked on a Dragon Fruit myself, so I don't know for sure.

If you shift click a random plant (in this case a lemontree), the Debug Commands look like this:
    y4meov_DiE0U-Ag8DtdJLRhbqUD2pWcy3SWP8nPx6_UyDuplDcInxkpRWHqpXR7-aOcqFeSRNneoO85xAAgfcjNp5xpxRt-NogoxY-BqVU0bpi7ssNZu3uvFVQcRsFkxGSPpohehsc_a0bMbHOFVIHnCTyDubA9yXs6LrFkGsKmOR2ynjOTDGpZ8arw6BClPzfjDbAlkEK6JebymosVgcVz7A?width=767&height=473&cropmode=none

Debug commands aren't a MCCC feature, although they look like being one. They are a part of the original game code and not part of any mod. You can see it the way you use it: you have to shift click on an object or your sim to get access to debug commands. Usually they are hidden, but with MCCC you can make them visible.

Debug commands are meant to help the devs to set up a suitable scenario to easily identify issues in game coding. There is no documentation for these functions, so nobody knows, what really happens, if you use them. You might say, debug options are hidden on purpose.

#MCCC #DebugCommands
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Hmm. I checked before and I *thought* it was disabled. Will check again next time I'm on. Thanks @Bonxie!