Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Cats & Dogs info

kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
I watched a lot of gameplay videos but I'm yet to watch them all. These are my favourite and interesting info I found while watching. I'll update this list when I watch all the videos and read all the articles. Feel free to add your favourite info that you saw.

- When you adopt a pet, a person comes in to inspect your house. I also like that your sim can play and get to know the pet before choosing to adopt.
- This is small but I was a little worried that we had to give all our cats and dogs last names but it seems like we can give them only first names if we choose to.
- Pets can get sprayed by skunk. I hope sims can too.
- Cows! They are decorative backdrops and based on the screenshot I don't really like how they look but it's still pretty cool.
- Your sims can set a timer for the auto feeder so it fills the bowl every hour/every 6 hours/every 12 hours etc.
- Your sims can set their dog off on a sim they don't like (I want to create an army of dogs to attack Eliza and Don).
- The obstacle course keeps track of how many faults your pet's make and the time they took. You can also earn medals depending on how your dog does.
- Npcs will interact with your pet and even give it treats.
- Small dogs and cats will sometimes wiggle under the couch and tables to get where they want to go.
- Your sim can request a song from a vocal pet and they will actually sing for them.
- Curious pets will sniff down the whole house, even the walls.
Check out my twitter and tumblr
Post edited by kaiwrysims on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wow I didn't know that about the skunks.

My favs
    Your sim can chase or tell his dog or cat to chase seagulls.

Your sims can go on top of the lighthouse.

Your sims can woohoo in the lighthouse.

Your sims can Instagram their pets.

There is a pet cemetary near the lighthouse.

You take a boat out to the lighthouse.

Their are 3 new recipes one of which is popcorn shrimp.

There are several waterfalls located in Brindlton Bay.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    My favorite unexpected moment from today’s videos was seeing a toddler come running into the house through a pet door, lol.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    My favorite moment was seeing a cat crouch down, do the wiggle butt and pounce on another cat. So cute and totally realistic. :)
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited October 2017
    For me, these were awesome bits of info:
    • New Woohoo spot, the lighthouse.
    • Visible belly for pregnant dogs and cats.
    • Toddlers can run through pet doors.
    • The timer for the auto feeder (set to 6, 12, 24 hours e.t.c).
    • Dogs can bark at -and chase- seagulls (I think the cats can do it as well), and they can collect "feathers" from doing so. When the collection is complete, an owl statue becomes available!
    • The new world gives me TS3 nostalgic feelings and I absolutely adore it!
    • When you adopt an animal, a Service Person will bring over the pet in a little carrier and kind of let the pet wander around your house. Then, he/she will walk through the house as well and sort of do an inspection to see if you're fit for adopting. The pet is actually not added to the household at this time. Awesome, right?

Ah, the release date is so close now, but it feels like centuries away, if you understand what I mean! I want it in my hands now, now, now!!!
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sooo many amazing things! I am drowning in awesome.

- both dogs and cats can use the agility course.
    - cats and dogs will sometimes become obsessed with certain objects
    - cats can jump on almost everything
    - cats can find feathers and you can collect them!
    - there is catnip for your cats!
    - you can woohoo in the lighthouse!
    - sims will autonomously tell pets to stop being naughty if they are doing something unwelcome.
    - there is some places in the world that are like little overpasses/bridges and your sims/pets can walk under them through a tunnel :D!
    - the ambient sounds are beautiful <3
    - pet cemetery!
    - pets can breed anywhere any time!
    - there is apparently a placeable mousehole item that will spawn mice for your cat to interact with :D!

Sooo much stuff ;.; <3
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I didn't know that toddlers could use the pet doors -- I think it's a great idea.
    One thing I noticed -- cats and small dogs can go under the couch to get to something.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »

- sims will autonomously tell pets to stop being naughty if they are doing something unwelcome.
    - there is some places in the world that are like little overpasses/bridges and your sims/pets can walk under them through a tunnel :D!
    - pet cemetery!
    - there is apparently a placeable mousehole item that will spawn mice for your cat to interact with :D!

Sooo much stuff ;.; <3

Wait?! Cats can use the agility course, is that for real? I haven't seen a single cat use it so far. I would be so so happy if it was true but I dare not really hope they can play with it.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member

- pet cemetery!

Sooo much stuff ;.; <3

Wait?! Cats can use the agility course, is that for real? I haven't seen a single cat use it so far. I would be so so happy if it was true but I dare not really hope they can play with it.

Yeah, every video ive seen with simmers who play with both a cat and a dog on the same lot as the course, have the option to make their cat or dog use it, but they all always choose dog instead of cat sadly.. :l I guess most people who went to sims camp were dog lovers xP
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I forgot to include this information to my previous post here, but after a certain level of Training Skill, for the Sims I mean, they can order their dogs to bark at (and even chase, I'm not quite sure) other Sims they don't like! Imagine the stories that can be born out of this interaction, hahaha!
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I was watching Rory's video and when her cat had a kitten she made sure we all heard the kitten meow. What I loved is that my cats started looking for the kitten! It was real enough that one of my cats almost knocked over my monitor looking for it!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    i love all tha attention ta detail an how much more lifelike these pets are than in previous games an i really love tha toddler/children interactions with tha pets
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    My favourite info is that cats can go on roombas.

This is the most hilarious thing that ever existed in the sims franchise

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish they had created a pet crown for the cats to wear while riding the Roomba around the house.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Can animals poop?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can animals poop?

Yes. Check out last week's livestream for what happens when a dog with Golden Poop disease does it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can animals poop?

They can poop! They can poop rainbows and gold too.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    - Pets can get sprayed by skunk. I hope sims can too.

Yes, I heard that you can send pets to hunt but if they have (or the sim has) a low hunting skill, they can be attacked by foxes and raccoons and come off 2nd place.

• Options
    TheSimer wrote: »
    My favourite info is that cats can go on roombas.

This is the most hilarious thing that ever existed in the sims franchise

I hope they'll show them on the Roomba with the shark hat on in the upcoming Livestream cause that's suppose to break the game in a funny way.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I just found this out but apparently pets can earn medals after going through the obstacle course. I'm not sure if they get money or any other prizes but I guess we'll see in the gameplay livestream this week.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Hnngh, why isn't it November 10 yet?? :s
  • Options

- pet cemetery!

Sooo much stuff ;.; <3

Yeah, every video ive seen with simmers who play with both a cat and a dog on the same lot as the course, have the option to make their cat or dog use it, but they all always choose dog instead of cat sadly.. :l I guess most people who went to sims camp were dog lovers xP

Oki, thank you. Until I see a cat using the agility items I won’t believe, just in case it is a UI-glitch or something.

I would be so so happy if I could play agility with my cats <3
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm looking forward to all of it, especially the vacuum! The vacuum is one of those that goes throughout the house, just click and it'll go throughout the house. that's my fav right now
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

Oki, thank you. Until I see a cat using the agility items I won’t believe, just in case it is a UI-glitch or something.

Also, one of the agility courses that I saw had images of both dogs and cats on the tubing....can't imagine they would be THAT cruel to put pictures of cats on the agility course components if the cats can't even use it.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »

Also, one of the agility courses that I saw had images of both dogs and cats on the tubing....can't imagine they would be THAT cruel to put pictures of cats on the agility course components if the cats can't even use it.

Keeping my fingers crossed but I won't take it for granted. Maybe it is just the funny "cats get up on all the things"-stuff again. Cats get up on counters, fridge and tables. Not too odd if they would be able to jump up on the agility-stuff as well. Hope someone will tell us for certain soon.

When it comes to the UI the cats had "placeholder" for name so I wouldn't be too surprised if cats got highlighted even if they should not be.

GAhh... I really want the cats to be able to use agility.

Edit:

Text below from sims-online. Will someone post a video or a pic of a kitty doing agility please :smiley: this catlover would be so happy!

http://sims-online.com/sims-4-cats-dogs-first-impression/

Train your pets

Did you know dogs can learn new interactions when you train them? They can learn how to fetch, speak, sit, roll over and lie down.

Both cats and dogs can run an obstacle course and I think it’s very cute they decided to let cats join in on this!
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    Cats will terrorize birds in bushes and the woohoo bush. Birds fly out. At the end cat comes out with bird in his mouth and feathers. Saw on Rory Plays Stream.