Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WEDDING GAME PACK IDEAS !!!

AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would love to see a wedding themed game pack which would have the following:

1.) New gameplay features:
  1. plan a wedding event with more options
  2. select the bridesmaid
  3. select the best man
  4. select a ring bearer and flower girl
  5. select rings - also after the wedding the sims would remain wearing their wedding ring till death or divorce
  6. select an officiant
  7. option to set the attire for the guests at the wedding
  8. everyone on the event would have a specified spot (e.g. bride, groom, officiant, bridesmaid...)
  9. option to have the bride walk down the aisle with parent(s) or by herself
  10. pianist would play classic wedding songs when the bride would be walking down the aisle
  11. guests would sit throughout entire ceremony and won't stand in front of the wedding arch
  12. option to hire a wedding photographer who would take pictures autonomosly throughot the entire ceremony and your sims would recieve them via mail the next day - photography should also be updated to work more like in the sims 3 and not be limited to a photo studio
  13. an option to create your own wedding cake (select color, number of levels, flavor, decorations) - this could be an order via computer or phone and when this option would be selected a new window dedicated to creating a wedding cake would open, the cake would arrive via mail or would appear in family inventory immediately after the order is finished or second option - cakes with different number of levels would be available in buy mode with a section dedicated to cake accessories with which you could decorate a cake
  14. option to select color theme and style for the wedding (this would change the colors of flowers, baloons, ...)
  15. option of a podium or an altar
  16. guests would bring wraped up gifts and leave them at the spot for gifts (gifts would work kind of like in the sims 3 on snowflake party)
  17. "slow dance" option (from the sims 3)
  18. option to have a bride dance with her father (from the sims 2)
  19. option to toast to the newlyweds
  20. option to toss the bouquet
  21. option to throw a bachelor or bachelorette party
  22. honeymoon options - new honeymoon destination world (honeymoon suite with heart fireplace, vibrating heart shaped bed, heart shaped hottub, lip sofas, etc.)
  23. option to celebrate wedding anniversaries
  24. option to become an officiant via an internet course (which would add a new trait)

2.) New CAS items:
    1. lots of wedding gowns
    2. lots of veils, headpieces like tiaras and flowers and other accessories
    3. lots of bouquets
    4. lots of suits
    5. lots of boutonnieres for the men
    6. bridesmaids dresses
    7. best man suits
    8. dresses for children
    9. lots of new wedding thiemed hairstyles

3.) New buy/build mode items:
    1. pre-made venues

This could also be a part of Celebrations expansion/game pack (improved EP/GP version of TS2's Celebration SP) with more types of events (with extended gameplay options) like: baby shower party, birthay party, graduation party, retirement party, funerals ... + new world with venues to celebrate this big moments in sims life

If you have IDEAS to add to this list write them in the comments!

They will be added to the list as soon as possible.

Post edited by Anckaa on

Comments

• Options
      Annamariemc15Annamariemc15 Posts: 1 New Member
      I totally agree with this!!! I’d love to see a wedding pack come out.
    • Options
      GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
      Where is the petition to make this official?! Who do I contact?! This idea is so good, you have made me crave a wedding pack
    • Options
      friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
      sadly petition are no longer allowed on the forum as you will see by reading this thread in the forum rules section https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/p1?new=1
      If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    • Options
      MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
      I would change (walk with parent(s) since the bride might not want her father to walk her OR she might want to walk with both parents
      6adMCGP.gif
    • Options
      catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
      edited October 2017
      Anckaa wrote: »

2. select the bridesmaid
      3. select the best man
      4. select a ring barrier and flower girl
      5. select rings - also after the wedding the sims would remain wearing their wedding ring till death or divorce
      6. select an officiant
      8. everyone on the event would have a specified spot (e.g. bride, groom, officiant, bridesmaid...)
      9. option to have the bride walk down the aisle with the father or by herself
      10. pianist would play classic wedding songs when the bride would be walking down the aisle
      11. guests would sit throughout entire ceremony and won't stand in front of the wedding arch
      12. option to hire a wedding photographer who would take pictures autonomosly throughot the entire ceremony and your sims would recieve them via mail the next day - photography should also be updated to work more like in the sims 3 and not be limited to a photo studio
      13. an option to create your own wedding cake (select color, number of levels, flavor, decorations) - this could be an order via computer or phone and when this option would be selected a new window dedicated to creating a wedding cake would open, the cake would arrive via mail or would appear in family inventory immediately after the order is finished or second option - cakes with different number of levels would be available in buy mode with a section dedicated to cake accessories with which you could decorate a cake
      14. option to select color theme and style for the wedding (this would change the colors of flowers, baloons,
      16. guests would bring wraped up gifts and leave them at the spot for gifts (gifts would work kind of like in the sims 3 on snowflake party)
      22. honeymoon options
      24. option to become an officiant via an internet course which would add a new trait

2.) New CAS items:
        1. lots of wedding gowns
        3. lots of bouquets
        4. lots of suits
        6. bridesmaids dresses
        7. best man suits
        8. dresses for children

1. pre-made venues

This could also be a part of Celebrations expansion pack (improved EP version of TS2's Celebration SP) with more types of events (with extended gameplay options) like: baby shower party, birthay party, graduation party, retirement party, funerals ...

Also a honeymoon destination world our sims could go out with a romantic honeymoon themed inn. All the setting like a heart fireplace were sims pull the string to start the fire,vibrating heart shaped bed,heart shaped hottub and lip sofas.

Really I'd rather get weddings in a Romance Themed Pack aka Find Love on that survey. Weddings were mentioned.

Hopefully this site doesn't log me out again after I try to edit my post.
      25. Options
        Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
        I love this hopefully they will make a stuff pack for this please do.
      26. Options
        Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
        > @Briana2425 said:
        > I love this hopefully they will make a stuff pack for this please do.

Agree! I think this theme is better for a stuff pack and not a game pack. For me game packs are very similiar to expansions in terms of content, so a wedding thing would be too little for a game pack but really nice for a good and solid stuff pack
      27. Options
        AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
        I agree with both of you. This isn't enough content for a game pack however I hope they come up with more ideas to add more content so it could qualify for a game pack, e.g. they include other types of parties (e.g. baby shower party) with lots of new interactions, create a new world with more venues to celebrate this big life moments, etc. :)
      28. Options
        HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
        I really want this:)) I always have problems with My girl keeping her wedding dress on, I would like that to be apart of wedding planning too:)) It would be cool to have bachelor and bachelorette parties, and I really want baby shower's, and better birthday parties. With a Face Painter party Career option too:))
      29. Options
        MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
        What if your wedding doesn't have a bride (or doesn't have a groom)?

Perhaps that should be "Choose attendant for (sims name)"

What's a ring barrier? Do you mean ring bearer? It's not a particularly common role. Quite often it's the best man/woman who has the rings. Much safer than trusting an easily distracted child.

And why flower girl
        I've heard of weddings where adult men scattered flower petals.

I think your dance with father option should be a dance with parent one, for both of the newlyweds.

What's a wedding themed hairstyle? Are you suggesting putting a little china couple on someones head, like a cake topper? Or perhaps you're meaning formal up-dos?

I can see that a wedding themed stuff pack could work. Though, personally, I'd rather a Hatched, matched and dispatched themed pack.
        AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
      30. Options
        Movotti wrote: »
        What if your wedding doesn't have a bride (or doesn't have a groom)?

Perhaps that should be "Choose attendant for (sims name)"

What's a ring barrier? Do you mean ring bearer? It's not a particularly common role. Quite often it's the best man/woman who has the rings. Much safer than trusting an easily distracted child.

And why flower girl
        I've heard of weddings where adult men scattered flower petals.

I think your dance with father option should be a dance with parent one, for both of the newlyweds.

What's a wedding themed hairstyle? Are you suggesting putting a little china couple on someones head, like a cake topper? Or perhaps you're meaning formal up-dos?

I can see that a wedding themed stuff pack could work. Though, personally, I'd rather a Hatched, matched and dispatched themed pack.

basically it's traditional it was a girl who did the scattering of the flowers.
        6adMCGP.gif
      31. Options
        MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
        MadameLee wrote: »
        basically it's traditional it was a girl who did the scattering of the flowers.
        It's not that much of a tradition. Plenty of people have weddings in which there are no children.
        Some have teens or adults who do the plant 🐸🐸🐸🐸 scattering.
        There are plenty of places where it isn't allowed, due to the mess it makes.
        AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
      32. Options
        aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
        Anckaa wrote: »

2. select the bridesmaid
        3. select the best man
        4. select a ring barrier and flower girl
        6. select an officiant
        9. option to have the bride walk down the aisle with parent(s) or by herself
        14. option to select color theme and style for the wedding (this would change the colors of flowers, baloons,
        22. honeymoon options - new honeymoon destination world (honeymoon suite with heart fireplace, vibrating heart shaped bed, heart shaped hottub, lip sofas, etc.)
        24. option to become an officiant via an internet course which would add a new trait

2.) New CAS items:
          1. lots of wedding gowns
          3. lots of bouquets
          4. lots of suits
          6. bridesmaids dresses
          7. best man suits
          8. dresses for children

1. pre-made venues

This could also be a part of Celebrations expansion/game pack (improved EP/GP version of TS2's Celebration SP) with more types of events (with extended gameplay options) like: baby shower party, birthay party, graduation party, retirement party, funerals ... + new world with venues to celebrate this big moments in sims life

1000xs yes!!
          Simming for 19 years!
          Family Tree
          Playing Mod & CC Free

25. Options
          DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
          I really like your ideas
        26. Options
          CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
          This is a great idea, so long as there is also a more elegant alternative to the kitschy heart-shaped stuff. ;)

I think that your version has too many mechanics for a stuff pack. It would make a great game pack, though.
          I3Ml5Om.jpg
        27. Options
          @Anckaa Could there been an option for you to have your family be the official/ caterer/bridesmaid and have your sibling (if your dad is the official) walk you down the aisle if you're the bride?
          6adMCGP.gif