Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zayven's Build Thread

ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hello!

I've just started poking around in the Sims again after not playing for a few years, so of course, I go straight back to the Build-n-Share challenges. Playing the actual sims in their lives has always been far less fun to me than building, but I'd just really started getting into building when I got pulled into other games, and now I can't remember how to do half of what I used to it feels like! Build-n-Share gives me a direction and challenge, even if deadlines can be a little stressful :)

I'm still learning/figuring out the ins and outs here again, so if I'm not doing something / etc, please let me know!
Post edited by Zayven on

Comments

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    edited October 2017
    Build-n-Share Challenge #195 - The Wishes of the Dead

Brief:
    Create the graveyard on any lot as long as it's 30x40 or over. It must include:
    • a Mausoleum
    • a groundskeepers cottage, consisting, 1bedroom, 1 bathroom and the usual living and kitchen areas, an office space of some kind, with ample space for three large dogs
    • landscaping
    The styling is your choice.
    Your budget is $45,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Erisa with whatever traits you thin would suit her and show her maintaining the graveyard.

Erisa's favorite color is aqua, and she's a rather angelic type, looking after souls after they've departed from their lives. She has 3 well trained dogs to help her watch after the graveyard, and, well, a unicorn, honestly because I got the opportunity to adopt it which I've never had the chance to do before! After playing the game with her for a while and the three dogs, I went with the desire for -space- for the dogs as well as I could figure out how within the rest of the confines of the challenge. So Erisa has the ecclesiastical aesthetic, and I tried to go more with a historical sort of 'angelic' physical appearance, save for the eyes specified in the prompt. The dogs still went for the more intimidating sort of hellhound appearance, though the boys ended up being playful in play. I still couldn't ignore that it's a graveyard prompt at Halloween, so there's still some decorating and coloring for the season!

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg

Link to Album: https://postimg.org/gallery/26kb11fba/

Top Down View / Layout
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-47.jpg
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    Screenshot-48.jpg

Grounds and Yard:
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg

Main Floor:
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Lower Level:
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-42.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-45.jpg

Night:
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Optional Challenge:
    Screenshot-49.jpg
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    Screenshot-52.jpg
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    Post edited by Zayven on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello
    The Autumn theme of the graveyard build looks very nice! :) Very nice design of the outdoors areas! It looks great how the tombstones are set up in the graveyard and the Autumn trees look very pretty! I am sorry but the pictures aren’t showing in the spoiler section :(
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    No pics for me either. I think you may have posted them as links instead of images. I did follow the link to your gallery. I really like your use of ruin pieces, and your house layout and colors :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2017
    Great job on the lot. I love the fall colors!

I was able to follow a pic link to a pic, but it would be easier if the pic showed in the spoilers; but, I'm glad you gave the album link! That was much easier to use.

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you! :)
    I think I fixed the images. I used thumbnail coding since they always look like thumbnails xD Changed it just the normal image one :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    The build is very nice! :) Very nice design of the outdoors areas! It looks great how the ruins are used in the build. The Autumnal trees add a very nice look to the graveyard build. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue and white colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice windows sitting alcove in the living area for sims to relax there and read a book with sunshine coming in through the windows. It is nice that the master bedroom is in the basement level. Very nice sitting and reading area there also . The mosaic floor tiling in the bathroom gives a nice look to the room. It is great that there is a laundry nook. The clothes shelves are a great home touch there.
    It is a very nicely designed graveyard build :)
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    This build is stunning. I would love to see the rest of the pictures though.
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content