Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    aww @rosemow thank you so much for this awesome review.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    The exterior design of Fairy Blossom Cottage is very nice! @cmbaker16 :) The curved roofing looks great! The flowers on the edges of the front of the home, and floral patterning of the flowers in the backyard looks very pretty! Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The bedroom looks very pretty with the floral wallpaper, candle on the bedside table and the flower floor rug. The shoes rack is a homely touch. The fairy sim will like checking her appearance in the full length mirror. Very nice furnishing of the living room! It is great that there are log themed seats for her to enjoy sitting on in front of the fire. The pictures on the wall and the cherry blossom wall picture are very nice touches in the room. The flowers in the corner nook are pretty.
    It is a very nice home for a fairy ! :)
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Such lovely entries for this challenge! Here's mine--I had a lot of fun with it!

Challenge Number: 3
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Cherry Tree Fairy Cottage
    Gallery Link: Here
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes, if you have time!
    Link to Imgur gallery
    Additional Notes:
    Since Yoselin loves the outdoors, I tried to bring the outside in as much as possible throughout the house.

A street view of the house and garden. (I added some roof ornaments before uploading the lot to the gallery, but they're not in this picture.)
    yZTRFPE.png

A view of the first floor layout: bathroom and kitchen, with an outdoor patio in back.
    jHemPw7.png

The second story: bathroom and a large bedroom.
    q8iQIon.png

The kitchen: perhaps the most retro part of the house.
    ebfm15O.png

The living room. The wallpaper is meant to evoke a peaceful meadow.
    kS2feoY.png

The bathroom. Yoselin wanted to feel like she was bathing in a garden. She found a creative way of maintaining privacy, while still letting the light in.
    vN4HqRk.png

The rose garden bedroom.
    gmy4WQn.png
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @coolsim9999999 @xraygrl2004 @kilra0 @cmbaker16 @carolynrosser thank you for submitting in this weeks challenge!

Still trying to catch up from last week, I'm all situated in my house now so I will be able to focus on this again! Yay!

Loving these entries so far!
    Cherry Tree Fairy Cottage is very pretty! @carolynrosser :) Very nice exterior design of the cottage! The peaked roofing in the front area of the home looks very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! The flowers through the outdoors look very pretty! The hedging fencing bordering the lot, the floral lattices and flower sculpture look very nice! It is great that the large water fountain is in the build. The fairy sculpture is a nice touch, and the folly sitting nook is nice for the fairy to enjoy resting outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen looks very nice! The green coloured cabinets, counters and dining chairs, complement well with the pink gingham wall pattern and the pink floor tiling. The pink floor rug is a nice touch under the table and the cherry blossom plant in the corner nook is pretty! The green meadow wallpaper in the living room looks very calming! Very nice bath tub nook in the bathroom! The pink curtains and floral greenery creates a special place for bathing! The mosaic floor tiling is very nice. Very pretty bedroom! The floral arch looks very nice over the bed. The pink wallpaper gives a very nice look to the room and greenery over the windows is a special touch.
    It is a very nice cottage! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    You're welcome @JosieAnglin :)! This was a very fun theme to build :D! I'm so happy for you that you're all settled into your new house B) !

Great builds everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited November 2017
    @JosieAnglin Congrats on your new house, just take the time you need. Our builds will be here tomorrow too :smiley:
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thank you for your kind comments, @rosemow! And congratulations, @JosieAnglin! Take your time, and enjoy getting settled! :smile:
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    Origin ID: ZiahZi
    Entry Level: experienced (I guess?)
    Gallery Name Of Build: Fae Abode
    Gallery Link: Here
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes, please
    Additional Notes: I kept the house itself quite small since Yoselin spends most of her time outside.

Street View: zfOWkBU.png
    Top View: GiG5PEG.png
    1-5 Additional Images:
    hq5xT9n.png
    8et4FWG.png
    vx6uGSz.png
    9ah9Llc.png
    pOZo5xl.png
    The exterior design of Fae Abode is very nice! @zathyra :) The roofing,tower, and homely exterior wall texture looks very nice! The flower box windows, and the fairy on the entrance roofing are special touches ! The flowers and cherry blossom trees in the outdoors areas look so very pretty! Very nice lilypads pond with the rock edging! The design of the gazebo looks very nice! The Fairy will enjoy sitting on the seating at the table there in the outside air, listening to the wind chimes. Very nice interior areas of the home! The curtained off bed nook is very special and nice! The cherry curtains and vase of flowers look pretty there. Very nice kitchen nook. The floor tiling looks nice, and the flower curtains are a nice touch in the home. The coat shelf beside the front door, and the hanging pans and hot chocolate items in the kitchen are homely touches.
    It is a very nice fairy home! :)
    I want to thank everyone again for entering into this competition and being so patient with me getting the results out so late!

Here are your results for Challenge 2 - The Dining Room:

JUST FOR FUN:

@Pepper090889 - Farmhouse Dining Room

Notes:
    Your dining room looks really nice! I adore the color scheme you went for. The light wooden floors look really nice with the dark furniture and green accents. The mixture of the rugs and designs on them flow really nicely together and make the room interesting and fun. I adore the pillow and bench area. Adding in the bookshelves with it really make the space look cozy and warm. The dining table decor looks great. The china cabinet on the counters look really nice and the placements of the mirrors on that wall is really creative and looks great. I love the choice of plants. Your wall decor looks nice. Great job!

EXPERIENCED:

@Xraygrl2004 - Country Chic Dining

Notes:
    *Moved you to the experienced level*
    The color pallet you chose for your dining room is stunning. The yellow walls and the green curtains go perfect with the farm house theme. The cabinet area is very creative and well decorated. The coffee chalk board on the wall is so cute and a great touch. You have the perfect amount of wall decor and they’re all perfect for the theme. I loved the wall design, with the wood paneling having a great contrast to the yellow checkered design. The rug looks great with the dark wood chairs and table, absolutely fantastic color cohesion!

Criticism:
    There was really only one thing that I would’ve done differently for your dining room. I think the shape of the room could have been designed to be more unique. It could have had a more interesting shape than just a large rectangle. Perhaps a little nook off to the side that housed that cabinet area? Other than that, great work!

@Creepsa - Classical Farm Dining

Notes:
    I like the table and chairs you chose for this week’s theme. The curtains you chose are beautiful, they really give me a country/farmhouse vibe. The grandfather clock is such a nice touch, and I love the potted palm tree. Your end table with the potted lily is a really cute farmhouse inspired look. I love the detail of the rack of tongs right next to the fireplace. Your wall decor is simple but beautiful. The wood floors really add to the whole feel of a country farmhouse, and makes the room look really homey, great design choice. Overall I really enjoyed your creative touch and aesthetic!

Criticism:
    While your dining room looks very nice and it is very well designed, I feel that the rugs take away from the theme. I feel like they are more bohemian style rather than farmhouse style personally. I think the stone under the fireplace is nice, but I think it’s too much having the brick accent walls then the dark wood floors. It’s just too much texture to me, personally. Other than that, great work!

@xSorcier - FarmHouse DinningRoom

Notes:
    The window you chose as the focal point at the back of the dining room is beautiful. The pillars on either side of that window are great touches. I love the blue and dark wood colors together. I absolutely love all the plant life you put into your room. The lighting you chose is very appropriate for this week’s theme. The tea/coffee corner is so cute and compliments the bar corner nicely. Your wall decor is all very nicely placed. I love that you created a large dining room table and put two tables together, very creative. The trunk tv stand looks great with the vintage camera sitting on top of it. All of your clutter in your dining room is nicely placed and pretty.

Criticism:
    I really wish the shape of your dining room matched the uniqueness of your interior design skills. If you created a room that was more dimensional and unique, I think your room would be top to bottom stunning. Other than that, great work!

@cmbaker16 - Marci's Country Dining

Notes:
    You were so out of the box and creative with the challenge! I adore all of the colorful elements in the room while still having those classic farmhouse elements incorporated. The paneling for the walls is a really great choice and I love that you did a simple white so the other colors you used would pop more. I love that you did a light colored floor as well. The use of the two rugs put together to make a unique rug is gorgeous. The seating area next to the windows looks so cozy and comfy. I love that you added plants and pillows to that area. The fruit bowl on the dining table is a very cute detail. The pastry bar is a unique and creative touch.

Criticism:
    For the pastry bar, instead of using plants to fill up that space on the table I would have added items to go along with the pastries like the napkin and fork set. The curtains are beautiful and I love the colors, but I feel like there are a lot of them especially for how busy they are. Maybe doing those curtains as accents then on the windows with the wooden cabinet, maybe a different color curtain to break it up. Other than that, great work!

@kimartist - Farmhouse Country Dining

Notes:
    I love the dark wood with the blue accent color you chose together. The wall choice is perfect for the theme of the room. The china cabinets are super cute in your room and are very farmhouse themed. The fireplace is a really nice addition and really makes the room feel cozy. I absolutely love the place settings you used, they are such a cute minor detail that really helps the theme come to life in your dining room. All of your decor is placed really nicely and you picked great items to place on the walls. The bay window looks great. I love that you added in extra seating in the dining room other than the table.

Criticism:
    I feel like the whole ambiance of your room is very neutral. The pop of color in your dining room is blue, but even blue can be considered a neutral at times. I wish you threw in a pop of a bright color somewhere in your room like red or something as a focal point for your dining room, maybe red brick behind the fireplace or under it as a focal accent point with red items on the mantel to tie it all together. (Doesn’t have to be red, just using red as an example) Just my personal opinion. Other than that, great work!

@ carolynrosser - Yellow Farmhouse Dining

Notes:
    Your room is so bright and colorful. I can totally see where you were going with the room. The yellow and blue color scheme looks great together. I love all the plant life throughout the room. The rug underneath the dining room table fits in so great. I adore those wooden chairs, I love the hand carved look for this theme. The cart with the chicken decor on top are really great items for this challenge. I love the windows you chose to use.

Criticism:
    I can totally see where you were going with your design choice; making it look more family oriented and really suited for Marci and her family. I personally just think you lost your farmhouse elements in the amount of items you used to make it look more vibrant and fun. I think it is very creative and very thought out, though. Maybe if you used a different wall color it would feel more farmhouse themed. Perhaps a half wood paneled half wallpaper choice on the walls would have totally changed the room. I think you have a lot of farmhouse elements like the plates on the walls, the cart with the chicken like I mentioned above, the plants, etc but like I said I just think it got lost. I also wish the room was as creatively designed/shaped to match with how creative your room decor was. An interesting room shape definitely helps make a room stand out more. Other than that, great work!

@stangmix2 - Country Dining

Notes:
    Your room is so pretty. The stone walls are so creative and look so nice in your dining room. I absolutely love the green with the wood furniture. I can’t believe how much green items you used! It surprises me that the green is totally not overpowering anything in the room, great job with your design, I’m very impressed. The two curtains on your window look really nice together. I love the table with the mirror above it. The tea set is a really cute detail. All of the cabinets and shelves are very farmhouse inspired and look great. The lighting choices are really nice. There’s enough wall decor without it looking too overpowering. I love all of the plants in your room.

Criticism:
    On the table, since you used placemats, I would have personally either chosen to use either the plant as the focal point or the bowl of fruit. I think having both there takes away from the purpose of them being there. I can see where you were going with the seat at the head of the table being a different style, but I think it looks sort of out of place, personally. I think just keeping all the seating cohesive looks cleaner. Other than that, great work!

@liel88 - A little bit country

Notes:
    The shape of your room is beautiful. I love that you did light colored furniture and floors with colored walls. The chairs you chose in the little sitting area are very farmhouse inspired furniture. All of your decor looks really nicely placed and the wall decor is placed carefully. I love the milk jug branch plants in the room. They are perfect for this challenge. The fireplace is a nice addition to the room, it makes it feel more country and cozy. The cabinet on top of the countertop looks great and I love that you added a dish rack there.

Criticism:
    The walls around the fireplace look kind of bare compared to the rest of your room. Perhaps adding shelves on the diagonal wall with nicely placed clutter on top would fill that area in. I personally think the rugs blend into the furniture and floors too much. Maybe finding rugs that are similar to the colors on the walls would really tie the room together. Other than that, great work!

@Paigeotto - From Farm To Table

Notes:
    I love the shape of your dining room. It looks really nicely designed. You have a lot of really great farmhouse themed knick knacks and wall decor. All of it is really nicely placed and looks pretty. I love that you chose to use two different wall colors. The stripes look really nice with the corner sofas while the white really makes the theme for this week’s challenge be brought to life in your dining room. The flooring is beautiful and I absolutely love the rug under the table. The candle lantern on the dining table looks nice. I love all of the plant life you added into the space. The wooden barrel you put in is a really nice detail. The choices for lighting look great.

Criticism:
    I personally would have picked to either do light colored walls with brown furniture or do a colored wall with white furniture. I think having light walls with light furniture makes it look more chic rather than farmhouse, even though you have a lot of great farmhouse inspired items in your room. Adding a few of the small curtains across the windows I think would really help make it look more farmhouse as well. Other than that, great work!

RESULTS:

The Winner Is:
    3QavkXU.jpg

1st Runner Up:
    9S2XlVG.jpg

2nd Runner Up:
    EIdr83t.jpg

ADVANCED:

@pennypolendina - ddchallenge - 02

Notes:
    *Moved you to the advanced level*
    Your room is so cute. I absolutely adore the large windows with the green curtains. The green accent color along with the wall paper choice is perfect for this challenge. You really tied the green in with all of the plant life and the seat cushions. The wooden decor and flooring also looks really great with the green items throughout the room. The clutter on the top of the shelves is beautifully done. The wall decor is great for the theme and is placed well. The coat hanger and fireplace are really great details to add. The lighting you chose looks great. Both rugs look great.

Criticism:
    I’m being really picky here, because I feel like I need to at least put SOMETHING… But the curtains you chose, as much as I love them, maybe combining them with larger draped curtains with those along the top will look more appropriate for the windows. I just think they are so small for how large the windows are. Other than that, great work!

@coolsim9999999 - Lucky Charm Farm

Notes:
    WOW. Your room is so creative and out of the box. Everything flows together so well too. You completely went above and beyond this challenge! The shape of your dining room is so unique and interesting. I love that you played with different colors for the wood flooring and added in the stone too. The two different wall colors look great and flow together nicely. I absolutely love the rose lattices. I love that every corner of your dining room is decorated. The bar area and the nook with all of the counters are really nice additions to the dining room. I love the fireplace and the bench in front of it.

Criticism:
    I can see where you were going with adding childrens wall decor, but I actually don’t think your dining room needs that element at all. I also think adding that type of decor behind the bar was a little strange, I don’t think that’s where children will be playing! (lol) I don’t know how I feel about the rug under the dining table. I don’t know if I like it or think it looks weird.. But I also don’t know what rug would actually work there.. Hmmm. Other than that, great work!

@LeashaLoves - Country Dining

Notes:
    I adore your wall choice for this theme. I think it is really creative to choose something with a design like that and make it look really great! I love the custom made cabinet area. The wooden boxes and the pastry display are really great details to go along with this week’s theme. All of your decor looks really nice. The light colored flooring with the dark furniture looks really nice. The blue windows are so cute and fit in perfectly with the farmhouse theme. I love the stone accent wall behind the fireplace, it makes the area feel cozy. The dining table decor looks really nice. The plate decor on the mantle of the fireplace is a really nice detail.

Criticism:
    I think the only thing I have to say about the space, is that everything is very neutral. I really like the light blue windows, perhaps adding a few more light blue items in the room would make the room pop more and tie it all in together. Other than that, great work!

@Kilra0 - Family Circle

Notes:
    I absolutely love the shape of your room, it’s unique and interesting. The light colored flooring with the colored walls look really nice. I think the paneled walls really bring the farmhouse theme to life in your dining room. The curtains you chose are perfect for the theme. The color also goes really well with the yellow wall color and the rug under the table. The curtains in front of the archway look great. Adding in the kids toys is a really nice touch and doesn’t take away from your overall design. I love the colorful plant life you picked. They’re placed nicely and look great together. All the decor on the walls look really nice. The fireplace is a really nice addition to your room. I like that you put the table at an angle instead of just horizontal or vertical. The two chairs with the designs on the chair cushions look so nice, it adds interesting design elements to your room without being overwhelming.

Criticism:
    The wall with the archway looks really empty compared to the rest of the room. Adding a picture or another shelf would help fill in that area nicely. The glob bar looks kind of out of place. Other than that, great work!

RESULTS:

The Winner Is:
    5E052RF.jpg

1st Runner Up:
    KaZvPdw.jpg

2nd Runner Up:
    eIVQ4Qe.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Congratulations to the winners!

EXPERIENCED:

Winner: @xraygrl2004
    1st runner up: @liel88
    2nd runner up: @xSorcier

ADVANCED:

Winner: @pennypolendina
    1st runner up: @kilra0
    2nd runner up: @coolsim9999999
    Congratulations on winning the experienced level! @xraygrl2004 :) Congratulations on placing! @liel88 and @xSorcier

Congratulations on winning the advancex level! @pennypolendina :) Congratulations on placing! @kilra0 and @coolsim9999999
    @Zatharia thank you for submitting in this week's challenge!
    Congrats @xraygrl2004 and @pennypolendina and also to you @liel88, @xSorcier and @coolsim9999999 for beeing placed. :smiley:

Thank you @JosieAnglin for your nice feedback, much appreciated :smiley:
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    OMG!!!! Thanks so much @JosieAnglin I'm absolutely speechless. I just recently started entering building/design competitions and to win this one absolutely floors me. Everyone's entry was absolutely fabulous, you had such a hard decision. Congrats also to @pennypolendina, @liel88 @xSorcier @kilra0 and @coolsim9999999.

Thanks again!
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Congratulations to all of the winners and to those that placed!
    Thank you so much for your feedback, @JosieAnglin . I completely agree with you on the window treatments.. I tried so many but they all looked so weird to me, lol. Hopefully I will be able to get this next challenge finished today!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited November 2017
    Congratulations on winning the Experienced level! @xraygrl2004 and on placing! @liel88 and @xSorcier B)!

Congratulations on winning the advanced level! @pennypolendina and on placing! @kilra0, as well B)!

Thank you very much @rosemow @kilra0 @xraygrl2004 and @Paigeotto for your nice comments about my placing in the advanced level B)!

Thank you so very much for your moving me to the advanced level @JosieAnglin, for my placing and for your great notes about my room, as well as for your helpful criticism B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

@JosieAnglin -- I want to verify the color palette.. So let's take the stove from the parenthood pack for instance, we use the green, white, red swatch, etc. however the top of the stove is black. Is this an issue? I'm finding it very difficult to find items that are ENTIRELY those colors. Like the couch/chair legs will be black or something. Just want to make sure!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Thanks everyone! And thank you @JosieAnglin for taking the time to comment on the room and giving me some pointers about what i could have done better.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Congrats to the winners! @xraygrl2004 and @pennypolendina and congrats to @xSorcier and @kilra0 as well. :)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    Paigeotto wrote: »
    @JosieAnglin -- I want to verify the color palette.. So let's take the stove from the parenthood pack for instance, we use the green, white, red swatch, etc. however the top of the stove is black. Is this an issue? I'm finding it very difficult to find items that are ENTIRELY those colors. Like the couch/chair legs will be black or something. Just want to make sure!

No, things like that can't be helped. That stove is perfectly fine :)
    Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Cherry Tree Child
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E43D3725CCD411E7821A61C9B1A42A59
    Would You Like Criticism: Fo' Sho'!

Tp3py9Y.png
    Pictures:
    j1miav9.png
    QZPBhED.png
    wa76a7C.png
    hTkJpPb.png
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    The exterior design of Cherry Tree Child is very nice! @Paigeotto :) The tower and the placement of the windows looks very nice! Very nice seat bench sitting nook for sims to enjoy sitting under the white blossom tree in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice windows tall armchairs corner sitting nook! Sims will enjoy reading books there with sunshine coming in onto them. Very pretty pink colour scheme of the bedroom! The beaded curtains and the pink butterflies look so very nice! The fairy will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in onto her through the windows. The large dog plant is very cute there! She will like checking her appearance in the full length mirror. Nice study desk area for her to enjoy using the computer. Very nice gaming and music area! She will have fun playing chess there, or enjoy playing the freezer bunny guitar! The pink wall pattern, patterned curtains and the patterned floor rugs gives a very nice look to the room! Very nice windows dining alcove. Sims will have great views of the outdoors through the windows whilst eating meals there.
    It is a very nice home for the fairy! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top